ImageImageImage

2020 Draft : Future Nugs

Moderator: THE J0KER

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

2020 Draft : Future Nugs 

Post#1 » by Coeur » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:44 am

The 2020 NBA Draft is a Point Guard Draft. And there are a lot of guards that could fit with Jamal Murray and the Nugs. I always like to think not in where the Nugs are likely to be drafting but to what players would be best for the Nuggets. A great run franchise in the nba would pick where they draft not just pick when it’s their turn

Guys who could be perfect future Nugs:

1: O Okungwu - 6-10 PF USC

Okungwu is a longer shot blocking Rodman. With offense. He may end up a top 2-4 pick but also might be a 10 ish? He’s worth 2 future 1sts. Maybe more

Edwards would be something else paired with Murray. Just don’t think the Nugs will have the trade power to get him. Have ball and wiseman as other guys Nugs couldn’t get w 3 1sts

Nico Mannion is the most under rated prospect right now. If he goes 14-25 he will be a huge steal. He could be over drafted if he’s 3-8 or so but I’d love to see Nugs trade future picks for him.

Arizona SG Josh Green could be a SG to go after to take over Gary Harris. Okoro the auburn SF or Deni the SF?

2nd rounders:

Tyler Bey
Mac McClung

Any NBA draft thoughts relating to the Nugs
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Re: 2020 Draft : Future Nugs 

Post#2 » by skywalker33 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:14 am

Personally I think the 2021 draft looks a ton better, if we're trading, I'd rather trade for our 2020 draft for a future pick. We're not gonna be able to trade up for a difference-maker in this draft like you suggest, so it's worth trying for the following year.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by Coeur » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:35 pm

Obi Toppin might go #1

And he would be a sick compliment to Jokic.

Obi worth 2 future firsts or 3?

I like OO so much for Nugs but Obi is prob better. But I think I will got top 2 or 4
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#4 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:41 pm

Why worry about who we draft, it seems unlikely they'll play for at least two or three years?
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#5 » by THE J0KER » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:50 am

For me discussing in February about #25 pick is just not serious. Who knows what is going to happen in the next 4 months with the guys currently projected around #25 pick :dontknow:

Thanks to Google I find one MOCK DRAFT from last February, and you can see how many things happen in the next 4 months, so the REAL 2019 draft was way different:

Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by Coeur » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:59 pm

Don’t even have the pick?? Go back to Gary Harris loving and avoid talk about future nba players if you can’t understand the topic or concept
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:31 am

Coeur wrote:Don’t even have the pick?? Go back to Gary Harris loving and avoid talk about future nba players if you can’t understand the topic or concept

:confused: Then I give up, I though The Joker was showing a mock draft from last year and how the real draft was so different.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by Coeur » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:33 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
Coeur wrote:Don’t even have the pick?? Go back to Gary Harris loving and avoid talk about future nba players if you can’t understand the topic or concept

:confused: Then I give up, I though The Joker was showing a mock draft from last year and how the real draft was so different.

Give up. Or come up with A draft prospect that specifically fits what the Nugs could use if they were able to come up with the pick to take him.

Who is the perfect Future Nug? In the whole draft.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Coeur wrote:Who is the perfect Future Nug? In the whole draft.

I'm not a draft expert, but unless we get a top-10 pick, I seriously doubt he'll make much of a difference.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#10 » by THE J0KER » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:27 pm

I hope this post will not sound too much cynical, but if no more NCAA basketball before the NBA draft due Coronavirus problems, our late Houston 2020 1st round pick will have a bigger value now, considering teams and scouts have no enough relevant sources to create competently draft class ranking!

That said, it also not means only we have bigger chances to take from #20+ pick the prospect who actually deserved to be a lottery pick this season, but also the risk is higher to waste it on a guy who doesn't deserve to be FRP at all.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:04 am

THE J0KER wrote:I hope this post will not sound too much cynical, but if no more NCAA basketball before the NBA draft due Coronavirus problems, our late Houston 2020 1st round pick will have a bigger value now, considering teams and scouts have no enough relevant sources to create competently draft class ranking!

That said, it also not means only we have bigger chances to take from #20+ pick the prospect who actually deserved to be a lottery pick this season, but also the risk is higher to waste it on a guy who doesn't deserve to be FRP at all.

Good point - but drafting is always a gamble. We have high picks that are busts (but some make a come back to become at least a role player). We have late picks, say #41 :wink: that become truly great. Our front office has taken gambles in the first round; such as Beasley with his leg injury and Porter with his back issue. They've also found some nice second round picks like Bol & Morris. They haven't always worked out but they've done well.

This draft will certainly be interesting and no doubt the Nuggets will be looking for "best player available". Even if they lose all their FA & RFA they still have enough of a core to take any slot --- although I will say that PG is pretty full with Murray & Morris & Dozier but for the right guy, all three of those could play some SG (and have done so in the past).
skywalker33

Post#12 » by skywalker33 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:12 am

I can see the point The Joker is making but NBA scouts have been tracking these guys since they were Soph's in HS as well as seeing most Euro'can enters for 2-4 years as well.

That said, if Joker is right about the increased value, I'd LOVE to try and trade for a 2021 pick, first year HSers can enter, that should be a better draft albeit a riskier one.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:03 pm

skywalker33 wrote:I can see the point The Joker is making but NBA scouts have been tracking these guys since they were Soph's in HS as well as seeing most Euro'can enters for 2-4 years as well.

That said, if Joker is right about the increased value, I'd LOVE to try and trade for a 2021 pick, first year HSers can enter, that should be a better draft albeit a riskier one.

... and that's a very good point. Now, if a team that just might be lottery in 2021 were willing to trade for a 2020 1st ...
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by Coeur » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:37 pm

Cassius from Duke is going to be the best pick
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#15 » by Coeur » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:50 pm

1- Edwards
2- wiseman
3- O O
———-
4- deni
5- Ball
—————
6-8 Nico, Hampton, Obi,

#9- Cassius Stanley SG Duke. Nugs @ 22 = Cassius
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:23 pm

Drafting is not a science and even though it appears most mock drafts have Cassius Stanley as a very late first round pick or a second round pick; he could be a nice fit for the Nuggets - we'll have to see.

Here's what I could find that was positive and negative:

Positive: Quite athletic and more of a complementary player than a star.
Decent shooter when open.

Negative: Not necessarily very good on the defensive end.
Not much of a play-maker and not great at creating his own shot (but we don't really need that).
Mostly an open court player, not a creator or pull-up shooter.
Coeur
Assistant Coach

Post#17 » by Coeur » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:07 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Drafting is not a science and even though it appears most mock drafts have Cassius Stanley as a very late first round pick or a second round pick; he could be a nice fit for the Nuggets - we'll have to see.

Not much of a play-maker and not great at creating his own shot (but we don't really need that).

3 inches taller Russell Westbrook
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by NuggetsWY » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Coeur wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Drafting is not a science and even though it appears most mock drafts have Cassius Stanley as a very late first round pick or a second round pick; he could be a nice fit for the Nuggets - we'll have to see.

3 inches taller Russell Westbrook

:confused: Zero evidence that is even close to Westbrook (a #4 pick) - He has the athletic ability but not the non-stop motor of Westbrook and certainly not the defensive instincts/effort :rolleyes:
skywalker33

Post#19 » by skywalker33 » Mon Apr 6, 2020 6:21 pm

Seems quite a few draft prospects are entering the draft due to the Corona pandemic, likely a few more will be pushing some better prospects down to our pick. Can't blame them honestly, with the tournaments being cancelled, exposure limited what's left to gain by staying in their respective programs ?

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:11 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Seems quite a few draft prospects are entering the draft due to the Corona pandemic, likely a few more will be pushing some better prospects down to our pick. Can't blame them honestly, with the tournaments being cancelled, exposure limited what's left to gain by staying in their respective programs ?

I've been think about this and wondering. I wonder if the Nuggets will try to trade their pick for a future pick (or two). If they keep the pick, they can take another gamble on a very young player. Not sure what will they do.

Return to Denver Nuggets