ImageImageImage

**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,821

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1741 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:06 pm

packforfreedom wrote:KAT has tankarities.
:lol: :lol:
It just seems like such a strange time to tank. He has been so psyched to play with Russell and one game and done.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,917

Post#1742 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:39 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
It just seems like such a strange to tank. He has been so psyched to play with Russell and one game and done.

Maybe, just maybe, they're not tanking. Maybe he's actually hurt and needs to take time off to heal.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1743 » by KGdaBom » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:42 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
It just seems like such a strange to tank. He has been so psyched to play with Russell and one game and done.

Maybe, just maybe, they're not tanking. Maybe he's actually hurt and needs to take time off to heal.

KAT used to take such pride in going out there every game. He probably is actually hurt, but he doesn't seem to have the same passion that he used to have. I was hoping that playing with D'Lo would rekindle his fire.
wolves_89
Head Coach
And1: 3,984

Post#1744 » by wolves_89 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:34 pm

Klomp wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

My guess is it is a combination of the two. Towns almost certainly has some degree of a wrist injury, and he is likely to sit out the maximum length of time for it to completely heal.
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,700

Post#1745 » by Shaka_Zulu » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:11 pm

As much as I rate his elite talent, I have to chuckle at us calling him being out too long as some blatant case of tanking. Like we have the choice to win at will when he plays (he just recently ended his personal 17 games losing streak).
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#1746 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#1747 » by minimus » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:19 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Time to call Spellman
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1748 » by KGdaBom » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:49 pm

minimus wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Time to call Spellman

Vanderbilt.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,721

Post#1749 » by minimus » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:36 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Time to call Spellman

Vanderbilt.

Ryan said that they view him as PF/SF. I doubt he will get any playing time with Wolves without 3pt shot. At least spot up 3pt shot.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1750 » by KGdaBom » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:26 pm

minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
Time to call Spellman

Vanderbilt.

Ryan said that they view him as PF/SF. I doubt he will get any playing time with Wolves without 3pt shot. At least spot up 3pt shot.

This is whey I hate the 3 point shot so passionately. Stupid gimmick gets added and now the whole game revolves around it. The 3 disgusts me.
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,020

Post#1751 » by Dewey » Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:34 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
minimus wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Vanderbilt.

This is whey I hate the 3 point shot so passionately. Stupid gimmick gets added and now the whole game revolves around it. The 3 disgusts me.

Ya it’s mere rubes making assumptions ... we got culver and Okogie playing and starting and neither can shoot 3’s. Don’t need anyone trying to convince me that Vanderbilt won’t play because of poor 3pt shooting.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#1752 » by LibertyPrime » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:19 pm

LibertyPrime wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

So apparently Rosas is going to adopt not just the Rocket's philosophy but Hinkie's as well....time to trust the process, I guess. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Now I'm hearing that it's an actual fracture. I was in the wrong here, clearly. :oops:

Just so frustrating that it happens right when we add so many new pieces. :banghead:
"The last domino falls here!"
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,326

Post#1753 » by Calinks » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#1754 » by Mamba4Goat » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:09 am

Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter

This compounded with D'Lo tweeting he loves Minnesota is pretty nice.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1755 » by Jedzz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:43 am

Calinks wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hopefully he's capable of staying in shape during the rehab of this hand fracture. It is not like Video games should be possible, right?

Put a club on the end of the hand and go work on boxing out techniques. Maybe he can be worth something when he returns.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1756 » by Jedzz » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:01 am

What are the rules on folding a team as pertains to the players all of a sudden available? Say the Wolves just disban tomorrow. Does Towns and everyone immediately become FAs available now? If say the Clippers (or even Toronto or Brooklyn) could snatch him up, would Towns be playing in two weeks time if the rules allowed it?

Taylor and I were talking and I didn't know the rules so we were just laughing about it.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1757 » by Klomp » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:00 am

Jedzz wrote:What are the rules on folding a team as pertains to the players all of a sudden available? Say the Wolves just disban tomorrow. Does Towns and everyone immediately become FAs available now? If say the Clippers (or even Toronto or Brooklyn) could snatch him up, would Towns be playing in two weeks time if the rules allowed it?

Taylor and I were talking and I didn't know the rules so we were just laughing about it.

No.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#1758 » by shrink » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:16 pm

Jedzz wrote:What are the rules on folding a team as pertains to the players all of a sudden available? Say the Wolves just disband tomorrow. Does Towns and everyone immediately become FAs available now? If say the Clippers (or even Toronto or Brooklyn) could snatch him up, would Towns be playing in two weeks time if the rules allowed it?

There aren’t any rules, since the current NBA hasn’t contracted since 1955, when the league went from 9 teams to 8.

There was talk about it ten years ago, but since the current owners can charge any new owner a buy in fee (some think it should be $2 billion, the price paid for the Clippers), expansion is more likely than contraction. In fact, there is probably a list of cities hoping to buy a team, starting with a Seattle, Las Vegas, Louisville, Mexico City and Vancouver. Taylor considered selling the team five years back, but refused to sell to anyone who would move it out of Minnesota. Flip re-energized him on being an owner, and he went from trying to sell his shares to buying out the shares of other minority owners. Unless he dies and his wife has other plans, I don’t see the Timberwolves going anywhere.
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#1759 » by packforfreedom » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:10 pm

it's a couple of months old but I don't think it has been posted yet.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1760 » by Klomp » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves