GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 56: SPURS AT THUNDER, 23-2-2020, 6PM (C)

Moderator: G R E Y

G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs
And1: 32,650

GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 56: SPURS AT THUNDER, 23-2-2020, 6PM (C) 

Post#1 » by G R E Y » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:10 pm

At long last, we are on the cusp of the RRT with what is also the final game of the head-to-head. The reward of home awaits, and as tempting as the lure is, we must not look ahead but remain focused on the job in front of us. Continuing our solid team play with good ball protection, and movement and tenacity on both ends will help us finish strong and build on good habits going forward.

WHERE: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, OK

WHEN: Sunday, February 23, 2020, 6pm (CT)

Read on Twitter

GO SPURS GO!!!
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
Thinking of you, Pop :hug:
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Re: GAME DAY, BALA! GAME 56: SPURS AT THUNDER, 23-2-2020, 6PM (C) 

Post#2 » by ducler » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:46 pm

Read on Twitter
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#3 » by G R E Y » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:11 am

Missed bunnies. Missed bunnies. Missed bunnies. How do centers not dunk half a foot away from the basket I'll never understand, but we've had like five or six easy baskets rim out from wrong glass angles, from not using glass, from not dunking.

Would be good if we could get to the FT line more. We are only 20-57FGs so we are getting chances, but we have some work to do in actually putting the ball through the hoop.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#4 » by G R E Y » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:36 am

Read on Twitter
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,261

Post#5 » by imagump1313 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:13 am

This is what should be happening. That win the other night was such a waste of time.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#6 » by G R E Y » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:32 am

imagump1313 wrote:This is what should be happening. That win the other night was such a waste of time.

Hahaha! I was waiting for your counter-jinx before the game, but it never came and now look!

Yeah, not exactly a shooting clinic.

KJ looked solid.

Agree with your post in the News Thread about the young guys' declarations of taking over. DJ's poor O game tonight notwithstanding, he's been balling. Lonnie on the other hand is too in love with his athleticism, and looks to be just picking his spots here and there on O. Solid D, but he looks to not be making the most of his minutes. Not that impressed. Inverse production to post declaration ratio.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by imagump1313 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:41 pm

GREY 1769 wrote:
imagump1313 wrote:This is what should be happening. That win the other night was such a waste of time.

Hahaha! I was waiting for your counter-jinx before the game, but it never came and now look!

KJ looked solid.

Agree with your post in the News Thread about the young guys' declarations of taking over. DJ's poor O game tonight notwithstanding, he's been balling. Lonnie on the other hand is too in love with his athleticism, and looks to be just picking his spots here and there on O. Solid D, but he looks to not be making the most of his minutes. Not that impressed. Inverse production to post declaration ratio.

As far as that Twitter crap goes. It just doesn't piss me off. What about the other guys on that team?

I mean, at this point I really dont care too much about DeRozan or Aldridge's feelings but if I was them I would be like "Who the F### are you two guys who haven't done squat in this league??"

Also, what about the other young guys like Johnson and Metu and White? They are probably thinking to themselves "who anointed you guys Jesus when we have done just as much if not more to help this team than you have? What about us?"

And Murray and Walker also mention "When we get the opportunity"...WTF????
Especially with Murray, HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES ARE YOU EXPECTING? You have WASTED almost every opportunity you have had soo far!
imagump1313
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by imagump1313 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:49 pm

I didn't get to see much of the first half because of a terrible, laggy game stream but from game recaps it looks as if OKC was just clowning on us. If you had asked me in October which way both these teams would be headed at this point I would have expected the exact opposite.
G R E Y
Senior Mod - Spurs
Senior Mod - Spurs

Post#9 » by G R E Y » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:21 pm

As to the stream issue above, it should have been reversed, really, working in the first half, laggy in the second. It's how the game went. What you missed was abysmal shooting. But KJ in the 4th Q looked good. Drove relentlessly, fell to the floor after the ball, got an O board and smartly passed out for a 3, moved feet well to stay in front of drivers. Solid performance.
imagump1313 wrote:
GREY 1769 wrote:

KJ looked solid.

As far as that Twitter crap goes. It just doesn't piss me off. What about the other guys on that team?

I mean, at this point I really dont care too much about DeRozan or Aldridge's feelings but if I was them I would be like "Who the F### are you two guys who haven't done squat in this league??"

Also, what about the other young guys like Johnson and Metu and White? They are probably thinking to themselves "who anointed you guys Jesus when we have done just as much if not more to help this team than you have? What about us?"

And Murray and Walker also mention "When we get the opportunity"...WTF????
Especially with Murray, HOW MANY OPPORTUNITIES ARE YOU EXPECTING? You have WASTED almost every opportunity you have had soo far!

Yeah I wasn't as put off by it to the extent you were, and on the one hand I like the assertiveness, but on the other, you've got to be at a certain level already to be making such lofty statements. DJ is closer than Lonnie having had a string of good games, but still, to whatever extent the implication is that they're not being given full opportunity to showcase all they have is a bit much.

One, other guys have earned the right to have their games more catered to and have led the team - LMA the last two years especially. Two, DJ's still learning - he's acknowledged that, and Lonnie's so into his athleticism but continues to no finish smartly.

Maybe it's just aspirational. In their youth and this culture of sharing thoughts to strangers on social media it's sort of the thing to do, but yeah, there has to be a bridging of the gap of all that talk with some more tangible proof. That's the thing: they're setting themselves up for pushback. Wish them well, of course, and perhaps it's a generational thing, too, but we'll see what they've got when that proverbial time comes.
ImageImageImage

The Spurs Way

Return to San Antonio Spurs