Post#521 » by minimus » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Useless stat: as starter ML has ORtg 154 and DRtg 119
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,718

Re: Iowa Wolves/G League talk 

Post#522 » by minimus » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Another useless stat:

When Kelan is playing 20-29 minutes he averages 43%FG, 36% from 3pt, ORtg 110, DRtg 104, 12ppg, 5.4rpg
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,937

Post#523 » by Mamba4Goat » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:20 pm

minimus wrote:Another useless stat:

When Kelan is playing 20-29 minutes he averages 43%FG, 36% from 3pt, ORtg 110, DRtg 104, 12ppg, 5.4rpg

I'm here for these useless stats. Doesn't one of the TNT guys do a neato stat of the night or something? You could copy him!
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#524 » by Jedzz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:08 am

That's not useless at all.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,888

Post#525 » by Klomp » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:38 am

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#526 » by Mamba4Goat » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:55 am

Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Basically saying that he's a keeper.
old school 34
Senior
And1: 240

Post#527 » by old school 34 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:13 am

Jedzz wrote:I came back to watch the Wolves after their big trade to see them get after it for the final 30 games with new personnel and getting other players playing time.

But it's just the same old Okgoie/Culver show, now with Towns out again, Dlo "resting" already. To see Nowell actually get in the Denver game was a surprise today, but it's the same old garbage treatment when the team is loaded with the same old garbage that got them to this record.

Was happy to see Mclaughlin and Martin's chances to play this season on both teams. But Nowell was the draw that had my interest and if he doesn't play Gleague I won't be watching that, and if he's never going to get real shots on the main, I'm done watching this season from either team. Hopefully Mclaughline can earn the backup PG role. Both Napier and Mclaughlin played well enough to earn 2nd PG role on this team. Even in today's game with a start and Mclaughlin playing well, I hear Pete talk about him as a possible third PG in the future. Nothing makes sense about this team. I suppose Pete is still seeing a future where the Wolves try to make Culver into a PG again next season. What the hell is the point of following this team that makes decisions like that?
I like how JMac has been developed & definitely has earned a right for a 1+3 deal....& be given the shot @ the backup 3rd PG....but also feel its 100% fair to bring in another strong guy & see where it goes? With the draft having so much depth @ the position...seems very logical to bring in a 3rd PG....I'd like a guy like Hagans in 2nd....defensive stud...good size & while not a great 3 pt shooter currently...still good FT shooter which gives me hope that maybe 3 pt shot can still be fixed & if that does....really would be right there with many of the projected frp's?

In regards to Nowell & your frustration....heard podcast with Dane Moore...talking about what's holding Nowell back some is he's still struggling staying within the system....while he's getting stats...maybe not getting them within the structure of how they want him to? Sounds like they talked some with JMac about it & he was talking about how being in this system for now 2 years (last year with Nets) has made a huge difference for him & feels it's why he was able to make a big jump this year? May still not be what you want to hear or further stuff that you'd disagree with...but at least it was a crumb of explaining some of the logic? Also, made it sound like they were very committed to seeing if he (Nowell) had a similar break through next season...my perception of how I heard it...but thought it was a good listen?

More & more comfortable potentially-- after re-evaluating roster after all the trades of still finding way of signing both JMac & Martin as well to 1+3's...means buying out both ET & Crabbe....but with the SF having to be completely reworked this summer...having Kelan on that type of deal & then signing say two other 2-way guys that you keep at least a certain amount of control of over the summer probably more valuable than keeping Crabbe's bird rights?

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,718

Iowa Wolves/G League talk 

Post#528 » by minimus » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:44 pm

If Nowell could shoot better than 13% from 3pt, he would be with main team. Hopefully he can improve his real game shooting, he is only 20yo.
Dan33185
Pro Prospect
And1: 965

Post#529 » by Dan33185 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:51 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:

I'm here for these useless stats. Doesn't one of the TNT guys do a neato stat of the night or something? You could copy him!

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#530 » by Jedzz » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:52 pm

old school 34 wrote:
In regards to Nowell & your frustration....heard podcast with Dane Moore...talking about what's holding Nowell back some is he's still struggling staying within the system....while he's getting stats...maybe not getting them within the structure of how they want him to? Sounds like they talked some with JMac about it & he was talking about how being in this system for now 2 years (last year with Nets) has made a huge difference for him & feels it's why he was able to make a big jump this year? May still not be what you want to hear or further stuff that you'd disagree with...but at least it was a crumb of explaining some of the logic? Also, made it sound like they were very committed to seeing if he (Nowell) had a similar break through next season...my perception of how I heard it...but thought it was a good listen?

Liked your whole post. But to speak to this chunk I'll focus here. I do believe that could possibly be an explanation for a few things, both his play I've seen in rare minutes and the teams choice not to use him. I won't rule that out.

However I can't overlook a few things. Mclaughlin played some of the worst ball I've seen in a while for a few games of solid minutes when he first got his chances when Napier/Teague injuries forced it, even Wiggins' outage. There is a long list of posters here that we could quote suggesting he never touches the court at this level again. Now his initial play this season while at NBA level was night and day different from what he was showing in the Gleague. Even after a horrid game at NBA, the next day he was down in the Gleague dropping 30 pts and working the role like a champ. This hardly fits the narrative that his second year now in this type of system was making the difference. It wasn't until he kept getting more solid minute chances that he finally turned a corner. And that, now that is something people expect to see from a good player that just needs to get up to this level's speed. That alternative theory also seems like a big possibility to me.

Now I drop down to speak of Culver's and Okogie's minute loads, starts and steady amount of playing. There is no getting around the struggles these two have had. They are young and the present has little bearing on their future ceiling. However clicking in at this speed at some point has not happened for them like it has for Mclaughlin. Even when they've shown moments or decent games of better play, it seems they can't sustain any of it. It's costed significant losses this season and neither of them appear to be getting benched for it. Neither of them were getting sent to Gleague for more minutes and specialty instructions like they maybe needed.

So I look at those three examples(and I'll include the Graham minutes to start the season) and then I see Nowell who can't buy an honest chance on this team that trails by 20 so often in games. I say he deserves 3 to 4 games of replacing one of these guys entirely so he and the team can find out if he can suck for a game or two and then click in at this NBA speed like McLaughlin did, or not. If he can't yet or ever, no biggy because he's no worse off than Culver/Okogie in development for trying it. He also didn't cost a FRP so if it somehow destroys his confidence forever, oh well. But it likely won't. Worse for his confidence now is watching a struggling Culver/Okogie get played as they have while he gets a single minute at the end of a quarter that is then stretched to two more minutes to start the next quarter, then parks it on the bench to watch these guys lose more for another 25 minutes. That's worse than getting real minutes in the Gleague. That's just watching and learning that this team probably isn't long for his future, and that he'll likely have zero ability to get into the flow of a game here ever. These little 3 minute finishes in a blow out have never developed anyone, never tested anyone. And worse, if the team doesn't notice that the rotation with him is constantly in the positive while he's on the floor, then nobody that matters is going to notice.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,888

Post#531 » by Klomp » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#532 » by shangrila » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:07 pm

The comparison to Jones is interesting. In years past we'd have been on the other end of that; signing another team's role player to big money only to have that team pull someone just as good seemingly out of their ass.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,384

Post#533 » by winforlose » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:11 pm

Does anyone know how many days we left on their contracts? I know how many games they played but not how many they practiced on non games day.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#534 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:09 pm

winforlose wrote:Does anyone know how many days we left on their contracts? I know how many games they played but not how many they practiced on non games day.

I asked Wolfson and Krawczynski on Twitter and here's what they said:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
winforlose
General Manager

Post#535 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:16 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
winforlose wrote:Does anyone know how many days we left on their contracts? I know how many games they played but not how many they practiced on non games day.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thank you, that was very cool of you. I appreciate it.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#536 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:24 pm

winforlose wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thank you, that was very cool of you. I appreciate it.

Of course! I was curious too. Shocked that they replied!
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#537 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:29 pm

winforlose wrote:.

Welcome to the forums btw!
winforlose
General Manager

Post#538 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:38 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:

Thanks. I tried looking this up a while back and couldn’t find anything. I asked on rubechat and no one knew there either. Guess now I know why. It is kinda surprising that info isn’t available to the fan base.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#539 » by Mamba4Goat » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:39 pm

winforlose wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:

Thanks. I tried looking this up a while back and couldn’t find anything. I asked on rubechat and no one knew there either. Guess now I know why. It is kinda surprising that info isn’t available to the fan base.

Yeah, unfortunately the teams keep it close. I wouldn't be shocked if they come out with something in a year or two that keeps track though.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#540 » by winforlose » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:41 pm

Mamba4Goat wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Mamba4Goat wrote:Welcome to the forums btw!

Yeah, unfortunately the teams keep it close. I wouldn't be shocked if they come out with something in a year or two that keeps track though.

In theory tracking the games is easy for the fan base. Gets a little tricky when they are active but don’t play. But without the team putting out the info, practice days are essentially impossible to track. I guess you could look at the call up tracking, but would that even accurately reflect it?

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves