ImageImage

Game 57: Memphis Grizzlies (28-28) @ Los Angeles Clippers (37-19) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Game 57: Memphis Grizzlies (28-28) @ Los Angeles Clippers (37-19) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Re: Game 57: Memphis Grizzlies (28-28) @ Los Angeles Clippers (37-19) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:14 am

On the big medium stage tonight, boys.

I can't wait until our two teams face off next month...

Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Game 57: Memphis Grizzlies (28-28) @ Los Angeles Clippers (37-19) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:56 am

Nice start.

With the team looking to gain some confidence off of 2 losses, more Anderson is the solution. :crazy:

I can't remember a time Jonas had no points at the half, with no attempts at the rim. :banghead:

If Morant gets injured along with Jaren & Clarke because of the lack of spacing in the paint, I'd have to stop following for my mental health. I think a vain popped when Clarke went down.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:23 am

With Brooks being in a funk, I'm not sure we have any 3pt shooters left healthy...
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:31 am

Whole Truth wrote:Nice start.

With the team looking to gain some confidence off of 2 losses, more Anderson is the solution. :crazy:

I can't remember a time Jonas had no points at the half, with no attempts at the rim. :banghead:

If Morant gets injured along with Jaren & Clarke because of the lack of spacing in the paint, I'd have to stop following for my mental health. I think a vain popped when Clarke went down.

Good advice.

On Morant, I was thinking about that scenario. With the way he plays, the Grizzlies have no one else who plays at such an octane level like he does. That's not a scenario I'm looking forward to.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#6 » by Whole Truth » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:09 am

VCfor3 wrote:With Brooks being in a funk, I'm not sure we have any 3pt shooters left healthy...

While true, Anderson is compounding the issue by occupying the same space as Jonas & JA.

Memphis currently have 3 players that want to play in the post, with no spacing & teams daring them to shoot.

Having said that, I don't think Jonas & Anderson are a good pairing, regardless.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Whole Truth » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:16 am

SD2042 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Nice start.

Good advice.

On Morant, I was thinking about that scenario. With the way he plays, the Grizzlies have no one else who plays at such an octane level like he does. That's not a scenario I'm looking forward to.

I'm definitely concerned.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Whole Truth » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:19 am

LMAO, I'm watching the Pelicans, Lakers match & Pelicans are getting a favorable whistle on Lakers home court.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Whole Truth » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:16 am

Pelicans, Lakers match vs Memphis, Lakers match

Pelicans fouled Lebron most of the night with the smaller Jrue on him in the post, he ends the game with 2 FT's vs his 12 FT's against Memphis. That's right, 2 FT's, with him being aggressive.

Lakers awarded 40 FT's against Memphis, 21 against NO's.

Zion (8 for 18) from the field was awarded 19, count them 19 FT's. Move over Harden, Zion is the next MF you can't breathe on.

NO's getting away with clear travelling violations, while Morant is called for 2 palming violations.

:lol: If I had any doubt at all, it's gone.

Both Portland & Pelicans lost. Memphis regain their 5 games in the loss column.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#10 » by SD2042 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:51 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Pelicans, Lakers match vs Memphis, Lakers match

Pelicans fouled Lebron most of the night with the smaller Jrue on him in the post, he ends the game with 2 FT's vs his 12 FT's against Memphis. That's right, 2 FT's, with him being aggressive.

Zion (8 for 18) from the field was awarded 19, count them 19 FT's. Move over Harden, Zion is the next MF you can't breathe on.

NO's getting away with clear travelling violations, while Morant is called for 2 palming violations.

I was watching some parts of the Pels/LAL game. I'm like why is Jrue guard Bron when Bron has the clear advantage over Jrue all day plus getting to the line God knows how many times that game. Watch the same thing happens on Sunday when the Grizzlies play the Lakeshow. :nonono:
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Whole Truth » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:55 am

SD2042 wrote:

I was watching some parts of the Pels/LAL game. I'm like why is Jrue guard Bron when Bron has the clear advantage over Jrue all day plus getting to the line God knows how many times that game. Watch the same thing happens on Sunday when the Grizzlies play the Lakeshow. :nonono:

LA were switching Lebron onto Jrue in the post & clearing out. As good a defender as Jrue is, he can't guard Lebron that deep with single coverage. Lebron was fouled repeatedly but only got to the line once for the entire game, while he & the Lakers lived on the line against Memphis, for 40 free points +20 on the FT line in comparison. Re-watch the Memphis match & notice when they pull to within 4 in the 4th, they get hit with a barrage of no calls & fouls that kill their built up momentum.

Lebron was aggressive in the post & isolated on a smaller defender. With the tenacity that Jrue was playing with & Lebron constantly complaining about contact, he was only supposedly fouled once. While the new ratings golden egg had an easy 19 FTs.

Memphis, with a similar margin of defeat (12) were at the mercy of 20 additional free points.

The mandate to me is clear. Zion in the 8th seed = ratings. Where ESPN has already crowned Zion = ROY, where half of his offensive production is coming on the FT line, manufactured.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#12 » by SD2042 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:26 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
SD2042 wrote:

LA were switching Lebron onto Jrue in the post & clearing out. As good a defender as Jrue is, he can't guard Lebron that deep with single coverage. Lebron was fouled repeatedly but only got to the line once for the entire game, while he & the Lakers lived on the line against Memphis, for 40 free points +20 on the FT line in comparison. Re-watch the Memphis match & notice when they pull to within 4 in the 4th, they get hit with a barrage of no calls & fouls that kill their built up momentum.

Lebron was aggressive in the post & isolated on a smaller defender. With the tenacity that Jrue was playing with & Lebron constantly complaining about contact, he was only supposedly fouled once. While the new ratings golden egg had an easy 19 FTs.

Memphis, with a similar margin of defeat (12) were at the mercy of 20 additional free points.

The mandate to me is clear. Zion in the 8th seed = ratings. Where ESPN has already crowned Zion = ROY, where half of his offensive production is coming on the FT line, manufactured.

That's another thing that be pissing me off about the sports media. They call themselves have decided Zion will be the Rookie of the Year before the year is done. It's frustrating that the media continues to push whatever agenda suits them and feels what their audience should gravitate towards rather than allow the fans decide for themselves. Nothing against Zion. I hope he has his success in his career. Both Ja and Zion are the future in the NBA. Wait until both guys get better as they get closer to their prime. They will be that gravitating force who will draw more players to their part of the world and their respective teams for the better of the future.

Regardless if Memphis or NO get the 8th seed, both teams already know they are now winning the matchup against the Lakers. My question would be based on the structure of both teams. Who can at least get a two game win against the Lakers in a playoff series?
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Whole Truth » Mon Mar 2, 2020 5:10 pm

SD2042 wrote:That's another thing that be pissing me off about the sports media. They call themselves have decided Zion will be the Rookie of the Year before the year is done. It's frustrating that the media continues to push whatever agenda suits them and feels what their audience should gravitate towards rather than allow the fans decide for themselves. Nothing against Zion. I hope he has his success in his career. Both Ja and Zion are the future in the NBA. Wait until both guys get better as they get closer to their prime. They will be that gravitating force who will draw more players to their part of the world and their respective teams for the better of the future.

Regardless if Memphis or NO get the 8th seed, both teams already know they are now winning the matchup against the Lakers. My question would be based on the structure of both teams. Who can at least get a two game win against the Lakers in a playoff series?

They had him winning it before he even played a game. I posted on the GB, Zion has 128 FT's in 15 games. To show you how ridiculous that is, in relation, Morant has 240 FT's in 54 games as a drive first, aggressive PG. I watched the LA game last night & Zion was getting to the line on what should have been several charge calls where even he was smiling about it. He had 13 FT's by himself to LA's 10 FT's total. Ask me about Memphis vs LA...

Memphis as a team that plays in the post has received 40 FT total in 3 games against LA, where Zion by himself has 32 in 2 games.

IMO, the narrative is clear. It's why a surging Portland had the game changing block call, there's several teams that need to be hurdled.

At this rate, Zion is on pace to have 460 FT's in the same 54 games, that's +212 FT's to what Morant is currently averaging.

Lakers will have it better against Memphis from a reffing point of view, as I've outlined but I think roster wise Memphis matchup better. They have 3 quality bigs to match, where they can post up with Jonas or go small with Jaren. Davis is LA's only skilled big man. With a healthy Winslow they have a defender with the size & strength to put on Lebron, LA's primary ball handler. If Winslow can even slow him down a bit, LA's offense will grind to a halt. Then they have none to match Morant, where they will attempt to put Rondo's defense on him, however that move will kill their spacing. LA don't have any secondary playmaking behind Lebron. Where Memphis can throw Winslow, Brooks & even Josh on him keeping legs fresh with maximum effort.

NO's on the other hand woefully have to put Jrue on Lebron. It's not that Jrue isn't a great defender, he just doesn't have the size where Lebron has been successfully posting him up. Ingram can't play defense & is way to frail to guard Lebron, which is why they have the undersized Jrue on him. Not to mention I watched Lebron stop Zion dead in his tracks if LA have to match him up defensively.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies