ImageImage

Wisconsin Herd Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,721

Re: Wisconsin Herd Thread - Bender Assigned 

Post#1201 » by tydett » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:49 pm

If you take away a 3 week stretch from last season where DJ looked like he could be more than an end-of-bench scrub, he's pretty much been an end-of-bench scrub. GOAT bench cheerleader though.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,728

Post#1202 » by Ayt » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:58 pm

Klomp wrote:
Ayt wrote:
Klomp wrote:Talent issue or lack of real opportunity on a deep roster?

At this point, he's behind Giannis, Ersan, and Marvin at PF. He's too small to play center in Bud's system. Some people think he isn't an NBA player. I think he'll have a long career as a defensive minded backup PF who can stretch the floor, though that may not be with the Bucks. It will be interesting to see if he's still on the roster next year.

He's the only whipping boy on the roster right now since Sterling Brown put together a couple of nice games before the All-Star break.

I'll be honest, he's intriguing to me as a possible PF option for Minnesota, to learn behind James Johnson for a year. We seem to like going after guys late in their rookie deals buried on deep playoff rosters, so he's one of the names I could see as interesting this summer. Not sure what the Bucks would be asking for though.

They might just want to get out of his contract if possible if they've really given up on him as a future contributor. I'm not sure what the plan is at backup PF with Ersan's contract being non-guaranteed while DJ has never been a regular rotation player. My guess is they bring Ersan back. With DJ, it really depends on what Bud and the front office think of his future. They could very well trade him for a 2nd rounder or something and look to sign a minimum contract guy as a 3rd string PF.
MissKhriddleton
Analyst
And1: 2,980

Post#1203 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:09 am

Read on Twitter
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,792

Post#1204 » by VooDoo7 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:44 am

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol:

Coach Bud, you're up!
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,825

Post#1205 » by tedbrogen » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:52 am

If the Wolves or anyone want DJ in the off-season, he'll be freely available for a top 55 protected second round pick.

The only reason he wasn't cut was to avoid the dead cap space. They'll happily give him away for free.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#1206 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:44 pm

tedbrogen wrote:If the Wolves or anyone want DJ in the off-season, he'll be freely available for a top 55 protected second round pick.

The only reason he wasn't cut was to avoid the dead cap space. They'll happily give him away for free.

They'll happily use his salary slot (and picks) to bring in someone who they love that can help us win. They'll begrudgingly give him away for free.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1207 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:52 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:DJ Wilson assigned to the Herd for their game against Grand Rapids in just over an hour. Justin Patton Oshkosh debut. Might this be the post that sparks a change to the thread title? Time will tell.

Really interested to see how Patton does. Very well could be a two-way or even developmental contract next year.

Patton showed some of his offensive bag in his first Herd game. He can shoot, handle, and pass. He's really more of a really long PF than a center. That's ok too. We'll take any kind of player that can eventually help the Bucks. He's exciting.

We're in year 3 of the G League, and still haven't produced a roster call up or 2 way player that has helped the big club. Reynolds and Mason aren't those players either.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,051

Post#1208 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:09 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
Read on Twitter

Whoa. Guessing he'll get a stiff fine and some time off. Love the disheveled look too, haha.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#1209 » by chonestown » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:28 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:DJ Wilson assigned to the Herd for their game against Grand Rapids in just over an hour. Justin Patton Oshkosh debut. Might this be the post that sparks a change to the thread title? Time will tell.

Really interested to see how Patton does. Very well could be a two-way or even developmental contract next year.

Patton showed some of his offensive bag in his first Herd game. He can shoot, handle, and pass. He's really more of a really long PF than a center. That's ok too. We'll take any kind of player that can eventually help the Bucks. He's exciting.

We're in year 3 of the G League, and still haven't produced a roster call up or 2 way player that has helped the big club. Reynolds and Mason aren't those players either.

There's not room on the big club. I don't think Reynolds and Mason have a lot of growth, but Mason is an emergency option in case of injury that won't embarrass the Bucks.

As for successes, Tucker's played well enough to be signed outright by a contender, Wilson and Brown both used the time to improve themselves and my guess is Buford moves up to the Bucks bench next year after some of the staff gets picked up for bigger roles on lesser teams.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1210 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:44 pm

Chase Buford suspended two games for his comments after Sunday’s loss. Do I have to say something “political” for the mods to read this thread & finally change the title? :wink:
BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,791

Re: Wisconsin Herd Thread 

Post#1211 » by BJ Sandered » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:02 am

That was an awesome rant by Chase Buford. You have my support, sir. :thumbsup:
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1212 » by 4xBuck » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Delaware has 7'3 center. I think he had 7 blocks last night. Including another complete stuff on DJ. His hatters gotta love that.

Myself, I like how DJ is challenging the big guys. He needs to be smarter about it, but the aggressiveness is a good thing. He also stuffed that 7'3 center one time, too.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1213 » by Ruzious » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:06 pm

chonestown wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

There's not room on the big club. I don't think Reynolds and Mason have a lot of growth, but Mason is an emergency option in case of injury that won't embarrass the Bucks.

As for successes, Tucker's played well enough to be signed outright by a contender, Wilson and Brown both used the time to improve themselves and my guess is Buford moves up to the Bucks bench next year after some of the staff gets picked up for bigger roles on lesser teams.

Buford's a big asset for the future, but it appears he has some growing up to do - which isn't surprising because of his lack of experience. I still think - at some point, Jemerrio Jones is going to make the NBA roster and help Milwaukee win some key games. He doesn't fit any NBA mold, but Bucks org is the most likely to think outside the box and make use of him.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#1214 » by 4xBuck » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:17 pm

The closest comp I can think of is Darvin Ham... Ham was a great dunker (great!), I don't think Jones is that. He's a great rebounder, which usually translates to the NBA in some capacity.

Yeah, it's a tough comp.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach

Post#1215 » by ShootingtheJ » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 pm

4xBuck wrote:Delaware has 7'3 center. I think he had 7 blocks last night. Including another complete stuff on DJ. His hatters gotta love that.

Myself, I like how DJ is challenging the big guys. He needs to be smarter about it, but the aggressiveness is a good thing. He also stuffed that 7'3 center one time, too.

Yeah, DJs defensive prowess has been on full display in these 2 games. When he's locked in he's a defensive dynamo.

He'd really get the league's attention if he also hit 3s, but he hasn't.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1216 » by Ruzious » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:28 pm

Ridiculous shooting game again by Mason: 16 of 18 including 3 3's, 35 points without even getting to the foul line, 6 assist/3 to's in 30 minutes.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#1217 » by 4xBuck » Wed Mar 4, 2020 1:26 pm

A crazy 10am game today in Canton. It's some "school day" thing. I guess a bunch of kids will be running around.

Link to watch the game: https://www.espn.com/nba-g-league/game?gameId=401165163
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1218 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:10 pm

DJ Wilson might not be an NBA player.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750