ImageImageImage

Tatum and Brown, as 1-2 Options

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Re: Tatum and Brown 

Post#821 » by Bleeding Green » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:37 pm

lmao Marvin Bagley I'm dead
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#822 » by 5InOfLouisville » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:42 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
24istheLAW wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:Teams with three better players (now or will develop into) than Jaylen Brown:

Boston
Brooklyn
Chicago
Denver
Golden State
Los Angeles Clippers
Indiana
Memphis
Orlando
Milwaukee
New Orleans
Oklahoma
Philadelphia
Sacramento
San Antonio
Utah

he'd be at best the 3rd best player on almost every other team. Several of these teams are a draft pick or young player developing away from joining that above list. And btw, Jaylen will be making $25-29 million per season going forward while the 4th best player on other teams is making much less.

cue green goggle wearers scoffing and resorting to calling wrong think trolling

It's not trolling, it's just that some of these are truly inane. Orlando? Memphis? Sacramento? Chicago?

I'd get it if Brown had weak stats at least. But he doesn't. He has better stats than this giant pile of two-bit tank commanders AND he helps a team actually win at basketball in the process.

Orlando: Bamba, Vucevic and Isaac without question. Even Fultz has a chance to develop into a better player.
Memphis: Morant and JJJ without question. I'd take the big who spreads the floor, shoots 37% from three and can score (20 ppg last year) in Valanciunas over Jaylen. Imagine him on our team right now instead of Brown? We'd be finals favorites.
Sacramento: Fox, Hield and Bagley without question.
Chicago: LaVine and Markannen for sure and White will be better than Jaylen. Already starting to play like it (3 straight 30 point games) and is way ahead of where Jaylen was as a rookie.

Not sure why I'm bothering really.

I think that jb’s ceiling is debatable. How one values him is debatable. I do think that he is slightly overrated here.

But i still consider myself high on him.

I think its silly, at this point, to say that he definitely COULDNT be the 3rd best player on a championship team. But, i suppose it IS debatable.

That said, your list, and defense of said list, pretty trash. Come on now.

I guess people value different players differently.

But man, that orlando trio???

You made the internet not fun for me anymore
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
Floody100
Analyst
And1: 4,990

Post#823 » by Floody100 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:51 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
24istheLAW wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:Teams with three better players (now or will develop into) than Jaylen Brown:

Boston
Brooklyn
Chicago
Denver
Golden State
Los Angeles Clippers
Indiana
Memphis
Orlando
Milwaukee
New Orleans
Oklahoma
Philadelphia
Sacramento
San Antonio
Utah

he'd be at best the 3rd best player on almost every other team. Several of these teams are a draft pick or young player developing away from joining that above list. And btw, Jaylen will be making $25-29 million per season going forward while the 4th best player on other teams is making much less.

It's not trolling, it's just that some of these are truly inane. Orlando? Memphis? Sacramento? Chicago?

I'd get it if Brown had weak stats at least. But he doesn't. He has better stats than this giant pile of two-bit tank commanders AND he helps a team actually win at basketball in the process.

Orlando: Bamba, Vucevic and Isaac without question. Even Fultz has a chance to develop into a better player.
Memphis: Morant and JJJ without question. I'd take the big who spreads the floor, shoots 37% from three and can score (20 ppg last year) in Valanciunas over Jaylen. Imagine him on our team right now instead of Brown? We'd be finals favorites.
Chicago: LaVine and Markannen for sure and White will be better than Jaylen. Already starting to play like it (3 straight 30 point games) and is way ahead of where Jaylen was as a rookie.

Yeah I don’t know why you bother when you spray hot garbage like that. :crazy:
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,225

Post#824 » by zoyathedestroya » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:04 am

Read on Twitter
Fantaxp7
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,603

Post#825 » by Fantaxp7 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:39 pm

I think the great thing is Brown isn't playing his best offensively. Admittedly I haven't stayed up for the past two games, but the fact that he is still putting up over 20 is amazing.
greenroom31
General Manager
And1: 11,410

Post#826 » by greenroom31 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:55 pm

Read on Twitter
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#827 » by 31to6 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:58 pm

greenroom31 wrote:
Read on Twitter

fire Danny
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#828 » by SmartWentCrazy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:59 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:
24istheLAW wrote:

Boston
Brooklyn
Chicago
Denver
Golden State
Los Angeles Clippers
Indiana
Memphis
Orlando
Milwaukee
New Orleans
Oklahoma
Philadelphia
Sacramento
San Antonio
Utah

Bahahahaha Bamba, Fultz, Valuanciunas, Bagley, Hield, Markkanen and White. I’m **** dead :lol: :lol: :lol:
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,724

Post#829 » by Slax » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:16 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
BostonCouchGM wrote:
24istheLAW wrote:

Bahahahaha Bamba, Fultz, Valuanciunas, Bagley, Hield, Markkanen and White. I’m **** dead :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey now, don't sleep on Fultz, he finally learned how to not airball his free throws in his third year. :lol:
Jingles
Sixth Man
And1: 2,190

Post#830 » by Jingles » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Jaylen is closer to being the best player in the league than some of those guys are to being as good as Jaylen.
24istheLAW
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,858

Post#831 » by 24istheLAW » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:49 pm

Slax wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:Bahahahaha Bamba, Fultz, Valuanciunas, Bagley, Hield, Markkanen and White. I’m **** dead :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey now, don't sleep on Fultz, he finally learned how to not airball his free throws in his third year. :lol:

Bamba is the one that really gets me. Mo Bamba! Like holy crap. At least Fultz is actually good enough to see the court sometimes.

Bamba plays 15 mpg, on a bad team, and does nothing. We've played the Magic three times this year and he's scored 7 points in those meetings. He's not even a good defender. Dude literally got blocked by Trae Young last night. He's more Vincent Poirier than Jaylen Brown.

What has Mo Bamba shown anyone, to indicate that he's even remotely good at NBA basketball?
Homerclease
RealGM
And1: 31,313

Post#832 » by Homerclease » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,225

Post#833 » by zoyathedestroya » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:55 am

Read on Twitter
5InOfLouisville
Senior
And1: 818

Post#834 » by 5InOfLouisville » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:49 pm

Foresberg article on JB quitely improving and producing in JT's enormous homeless-bearded shadow.

I love his attitude and his make-up, and think he takes it up another notch in the playoffs. JT too, but it's hard to imagine him leveling up from where he is now in the playoffs. Hell, if he maintains this current level in the postseason....well, i'll just calm down for now and put it back in my pants.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/jayson-tatum-shining-jaylen-brown-deserves-your-attention-too?int
KGboss wrote:Brown doesnt need you to clean his jock strap for him

Captain_Caveman wrote:You are perfectly welcome to never read or respond to my posts ever again. I don't find you particularly knowledgeable or insightful from anything I have read to date.

:cry:
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#835 » by djFan71 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:36 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kinda mirrors what I've been thinking. Jaylen's slumping a little lately. Nothing I could really put my finger on, but just not as impactful. I feel like he was a little banged up going into the All Star break, iirc. Hopefully he'll bounce back a little. Finding his spot in this new Tatum's world will take a little adjusting as well.

As noted in 5In's link, he had some nice moments on the road trip.
Slax
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,724

Post#836 » by Slax » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Inspired by a thread on the general board, the Darkest Timeline:

2016 offseason: Celtics pick Dragan Bender to shore up their weak front court and sign Horford.

2017 offseason: Instead of trading down, Celtics select Markelle Fultz. Celtics sign Gordon Hayward. Celtics trade for Kyrie.

2017-18 regular season: Hayward is injured. Without Brown and Tatum, the Celtics instead have a lineup of Kyrie/Smart/Morris/Horford/Baynes with Rozier off the bench. The experiment goes poorly, but the sheer talent of Kyrie and Horford ensures the Celtics snag the fifth seed in the playoffs. Kyrie has a late season-ending injury, and the Celtics lose in the first round.

2018 offseason: The Celtics have a high enough pick to select Grayson Allen in the draft. An opportunity presents itself to improve the team when Kawhi requests a trade, but outside of Kyrie, Horford, and an injured Hayward, the Celtics have little of value to offer other than Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, and a future Memphis first round pick. The Spurs aren't interested.

2018-19 regular season: Hayward returns, but struggles so much with his recovery that the team is even worse than before. There is a huge locker room blowup caused by friction between veteran players, especially involving Kyrie, while Rozier and Morris become publicly agitated about lack of scoring opportunities. The Celtics barely limp into the playoffs, and get pasted by the Raptors in the first round.

2019 offseason: Celtics select Romeo Langford with their own pick. Kyrie and Horford both leave. Other leading free agents like Kemba Walker want nothing to do with this disaster. Celtics re-sign Rozier to a huge contract, because there's nothing else they can really do.

2019-20 regular season: starting lineup is Rozier, Smart, Hayward, Morris, Theis

The incredible thing about the Brown and Tatum picks is that they weren't even close to the consensus picks for where we drafted in those drafts, but Brown ended up being better than at least the next seven picks (pretty close call between him and Sabonis imo), and Tatum ended up being a clear cut best player in his draft whereas the rest of the consensus top four ended up being trash. If Ainge had selected basically any other realistic possibilities, six or seven years of rebuilding would have been completely wasted.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#837 » by Tatumfor2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:50 am

greenroom31 wrote:
Read on Twitter

When you look at it that way, Brown is pretty weak sauce. :D
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
ConstableGeneva
RealGM
And1: 87,191

Post#838 » by ConstableGeneva » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:23 pm

Read on Twitter
░N░0░0░D░S░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░
captain green
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,664

Post#839 » by captain green » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:08 pm

Brown most efficient 20 ppg player in the game.
Tatum can get 30 ppg hit 3's.
But thing I like best about both together they can play d 1 through 5. 2 way scorers and defense.
Also 3 20ppg players on one team is golden.
Brown should never be separated from Tatum
Love this duo.
Brown's #1 fan on this forum.
3D Chess
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,728

Post#840 » by 3D Chess » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 pm

ConstableGeneva wrote:snipped the tweet linking to the article about the Celtics "rookie scale" prospects

This article was a really good read, and he has done the same for every freaking team. Not an ad, but The Athletic has been worth the price of admission for me.

FYI, he ranks the Celtics as 2nd in the league for best "prospects" (ie. players on rookie deals), behind only the Pelicans.

Return to Boston Celtics