ImageImage

OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 - ESPN/Fox/Warner Launching Combined Sports Streamer

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Re: OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#801 » by crkone » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:33 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:I don't think fox sports is back on sling. I'll probably just get Hulu until the playoffs start than go back to YouTube

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah I went to Hulu. Luckily my billing starts on March 1st so I was able to get the most out of it.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#802 » by WiscoKing13 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:47 pm

Sinclair (owner of fox sports regional networks) is at a 52 week low. Surprised not getting any cash from Google and dish is a smart business decision. Also still 36ish hours for them to come to a deal. With that said they never did make a deal with dish.

DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
ACGB
RealGM
And1: 2,709

Post#803 » by ACGB » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:11 pm

Cancelled before the next billing cycle kicked in. Back to illegal streams for now I guess.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#804 » by WRau1 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:14 pm

ACGB wrote:Cancelled before the next billing cycle kicked in. Back to illegal streams for now I guess.

Ton of solid options now, you should be able to watch everything easily.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,861

Post#805 » by jschligs » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:38 pm

crkone wrote:
WiscoKing13 wrote:I don't think fox sports is back on sling. I'll probably just get Hulu until the playoffs start than go back to YouTube

Yeah I went to Hulu. Luckily my billing starts on March 1st so I was able to get the most out of it.

I will say Hulu Live TV needs some work. I'm frequently dealing with artifacting/choppy video and I'm in Madison with great internet. That and it is by far the most delayed of all the streaming services I've used.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,155
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#806 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:51 pm

I am techy enough that I had looked into cutting the cord 5-10 years ago but I'm still on old school DirecTV. The last ~3 years I have just called and gotten basically streaming TV prices. Roughly $55/month for a bulked-up package just by hinting that I am going to cancel and may go to streaming. I know you can get some services for more like $35 but we have a bulked up package similar to DirecTVNow or ATTNow or whatever it's called which is around that price.

They may have had a few channel disputes that really did not come to fruition but I'm still happy with the fact that I'm not well over a minute behind on live sports and have to deal with buffering.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,561

Post#807 » by chonestown » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:33 pm

I switched to YTTV in November and I've been real happy. Not pleased. I'll either get service through Spectrum - already got internet - or go with Hulu. Anyone know if I can get Spectrum through my Roku and avoid getting additional hardware?
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#808 » by tski1972 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:18 pm

was very close to getting Youtube TV, but no longer.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#809 » by xTitan » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:23 pm

chonestown wrote:I switched to YTTV in November and I've been real happy. Not pleased. I'll either get service through Spectrum - already got internet - or go with Hulu. Anyone know if I can get Spectrum through my Roku and avoid getting additional hardware?

I love YouTube TV, this is a kick in the balls, I guess i either change to Hulu (which I didn’t luv) or use someone’s password for the Fox Sports North App.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,900

Post#810 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:I am techy enough that I had looked into cutting the cord 5-10 years ago but I'm still on old school DirecTV. The last ~3 years I have just called and gotten basically streaming TV prices. Roughly $55/month for a bulked-up package just by hinting that I am going to cancel and may go to streaming. I know you can get some services for more like $35 but we have a bulked up package similar to DirecTVNow or ATTNow or whatever it's called which is around that price.

They may have had a few channel disputes that really did not come to fruition but I'm still happy with the fact that I'm not well over a minute behind on live sports and have to deal with buffering.

That's how to do it. Customer acquisition costs are high and turnover is large. Providers have incentive to try to keep you. Whenever my Uverse contract is up I hop on chat, tell them I have good options and tell them I'll stay if I can keep the same price. The last 2 times they lowered the price even though I just wanted the same price. I didn't argue. I couldn't do streaming + internet for what I pay now and I have a lot more channels. I was ticked off when they dropped RZ and NFLN last year, I love RZ, so I had to get Sling for 4 months and dropped it after the season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,110

Post#811 » by LittleRooster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:11 am

crkone wrote:Everything out there isn't really comparable. It has the best DVR and least buffering. I might have to go with Spectrum's TV Stream. It's at least cheaper but it doesn't allow you to view a lot of things away from your home unless you log into the app that is specific for that network like FS WI. It also doesn't work with chromecast.

Spectrum's stream doesn't include FS regional
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#812 » by crkone » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:26 am

LittleRooster wrote:
crkone wrote:Everything out there isn't really comparable. It has the best DVR and least buffering. I might have to go with Spectrum's TV Stream. It's at least cheaper but it doesn't allow you to view a lot of things away from your home unless you log into the app that is specific for that network like FS WI. It also doesn't work with chromecast.

I saw some posts that you can at least log into FSGo and watch from there but I didn't look into it much further.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
LittleRooster
General Manager

OT: Cutting the Cord 2.0 The Tutorial 

Post#813 » by LittleRooster » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:33 am

crkone wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:

I saw some posts that you can at least log into FSGo and watch from there but I didn't look into it much further.

I think you could if you already have FS through their cable? At least that's my understanding, but maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong

ETA: A few people on a Reddit thread have said you can do Spectrum Choice and pick FS1. And apparently when you do that, you get access to the fox sports go app
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#814 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:32 am

They reached a temporary extension. No idea for how long

DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,497

Post#815 » by ShootingtheJ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:44 pm

WiscoKing13 wrote:They reached a temporary extension. No idea for how long

Awesome, just get me through the next game, then there's a few on national TV. Over half of the Bucks remaining games are on national TV.

Just joined YTTV last month and was loving it. I hope they either work this out, or Sinclair goes bankrupt (yeah I realize the 2nd option isn't a reality)
WiscoKing13
RealGM

Post#816 » by WiscoKing13 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:56 pm

Yep non national the rest of the way past Sunday

3/8 Suns
3/16 Heat
3/19 Griz
3/21 Wiz
3/23 Pistons
3/27 Wiz
3/29 Dal
4/3 Tor
4/11 Cavs
4/15 Nets

Really only 4 games of any interest in that list. I'd love to watch them all but in reality not missing much since they could have the NBA 1 seed wrapped up after the LAL game

DanoMac wrote:

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,218

Post#817 » by Matches Malone » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:27 pm

Was almost about to cancel Spectrum cable but the whole YTTV threw a wrench in everything. Decided I still was going to go through with canceling but at the last second they offered me everything I wanted plus gave me ultra internet for $30 less than what I was paying before lol. Just need to haggle them I guess.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
LittleRooster
General Manager

Post#818 » by LittleRooster » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:16 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Was almost about to cancel Spectrum cable but the whole YTTV threw a wrench in everything. Decided I still was going to go through with canceling but at the last second they offered me everything I wanted plus gave me ultra internet for $30 less than what I was paying before lol. Just need to haggle them I guess.

Glad it worked for you! When I haggled I was going to end up paying 20ish more than I was. So I cancelled and got YTTV, which I love. I share it with my brother, who lives in a separate apartment, and it ended up being cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
soboMP3
Sixth Man
And1: 1,239

Post#819 » by soboMP3 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:57 pm

IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#820 » by IrishRainbow » Sun Mar 1, 2020 3:53 pm

So. We have Dis+ paid for for the year...the Hulu package Hulu is basically OnDemand right? No Live content? Can I get a live content Hulu Disney ESPN bundle? Or am I just reserved to keep the itemized Dis+ and get the Hulu Live subscription? Any other options for FS?

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Milwaukee Bucks