ImageImageImage

Wed Feb 26th JJ's Wolves visit MIA 7.30PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,582

Re: Wed Feb 26th JJ's Wolves visit MIA 7.30PM EST 

Post#421 » by AirP. » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:01 pm

If looking for a reason to really be upset at Spo for this game, I'd actually point at D.Robinson only getting 6 FGA in 26 minutes played. If D.Robinson isn't shooting the ball, his value as a spacer vs his defense isn't worth having him on the court over other options.
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#422 » by goodboy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:16 pm

Joel Embust wrote:Image

Im sorry my op.

I was not there for you, I am the sole blame.

I got a new gym cable machine. Your loss will not be in vain, my lats will grow from this tragedy my op. I Swear.
Bright
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,127

Post#423 » by GopherIt! » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:35 am

my lats will grow...

...da phuc
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#424 » by IggieCC » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:59 am

GopherIt! wrote:my lats will grow...

...da phuc

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
goodboy
RealGM
And1: 185,289

Post#425 » by goodboy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:35 am

lmao
Bright
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#426 » by somerandomdude » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:33 am

Lilseb93 wrote:I know the NBA as a whole is scoring a lot more, but we need to go back to playing tough defense with great bigs. We're built to be the Rockets, and that's not us. Especially since we don't have a Harden. The teams above us all play tough defense and have good bigs. It's sad that our defense is that bad that we're hoping for Meyers Leonard to comeback. Even if we were completely healthy, this defense is bad from top to bottom. The culture and foundation needs a complete reboot. This team plays way too fast. We play like we want to score 150, but we should be playing like we want to keep teams in the 90s or low 100's.

Teams dribble twice and they beat us.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. This is not the Miami HEAT that Pat Riley envisioned and built, and we haven't been that way for years. Like you, I would love to go back to being a team that dictates the tempo of the game and keeps teams down to 90pts or so. In today's league, that would really set us apart from the rest of the pack and give us a legitimate chance to win a title. I know people say the game has changed, but the game is always changing, and who's to say it won't go back to this style of play.

Spo has really changed the culture of the Miami HEAT. We're no longer a tough, physical defensive team that teams dread facing. We also don't play inside-out. We're a zone defense, perimeter-oriented team. If I had told you 20 years ago that this is what a Pat Riley team would become, you'd think I'm crazy. Yet, here we are. The process has been slow and gradual, so we're been normalized into accepting it without realizing just how radically different our franchise is from what it was intended to be.
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#427 » by somerandomdude » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:38 am

AirP. wrote:If looking for a reason to really be upset at Spo for this game, I'd actually point at D.Robinson only getting 6 FGA in 26 minutes played. If D.Robinson isn't shooting the ball, his value as a spacer vs his defense isn't worth having him on the court over other options.

I've always said: if Robinson's not shooting, what's he doing out there?
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 7,999

Post#428 » by Flash4thewin » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:35 am

somerandomdude wrote:
Lilseb93 wrote:I know the NBA as a whole is scoring a lot more, but we need to go back to playing tough defense with great bigs. We're built to be the Rockets, and that's not us. Especially since we don't have a Harden. The teams above us all play tough defense and have good bigs. It's sad that our defense is that bad that we're hoping for Meyers Leonard to comeback. Even if we were completely healthy, this defense is bad from top to bottom. The culture and foundation needs a complete reboot. This team plays way too fast. We play like we want to score 150, but we should be playing like we want to keep teams in the 90s or low 100's.

Teams dribble twice and they beat us.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. This is not the Miami HEAT that Pat Riley envisioned and built, and we haven't been that way for years. Like you, I would love to go back to being a team that dictates the tempo of the game and keeps teams down to 90pts or so. In today's league, that would really set us apart from the rest of the pack and give us a legitimate chance to win a title. I know people say the game has changed, but the game is always changing, and who's to say it won't go back to this style of play.

Spo has really changed the culture of the Miami HEAT. We're no longer a tough, physical defensive team that teams dread facing. We also don't play inside-out. We're a zone defense, perimeter-oriented team. If I had told you 20 years ago that this is what a Pat Riley team would become, you'd think I'm crazy. Yet, here we are. The process has been slow and gradual, so we're been normalized into accepting it without realizing just how radically different our franchise is from what it was intended to be.

The culture is the same. I think people are forgetting Pat plays to his teams strength. The lakers were made to run. In NY and here with no super stars he slowed down the game. We get Wade and Shaq and play to their strengths. We get Lebron and Bosh to play with Wade and we go small ball. I feel people forget the constant disappointment the Heat had with Zo and defense. How the Knicks had our number. We need stars but Butler is playing like our version of Harden.

Return to Miami Heat