Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,449

Re: 2019-20 German Bundesliga Discussion Thread 

Post#181 » by Foye » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:42 am

The_Brecht wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:
Klinsmann's never been a good coach.
Never got why anyone would still hire him.

Good decision nevertheless to sack him.

Unfortunately, he wasn't fired. He quit. No good decisions made.

Oh well, at least he's gone!

Last time Hertha was fun to watch was when they had Marcelinho.

Currently, they are close to displaying HSV-level of incompetence.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,515

Post#182 » by Andi Obst » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:46 pm

Foye wrote:
The_Brecht wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Unfortunately, he wasn't fired. He quit. No good decisions made.

Oh well, at least he's gone!

Last time Hertha was fun to watch was when they had Marcelinho.

Currently, they are close to displaying HSV-level of incompetence.
Can't really disagree. I don't watch them play often this season, but it's never fun when I do. Same with the Bulls btw. Fun times for me.

At least Windhorst sounds like he's still commited to the club and Klinsmann is out completely.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Foye

Post#183 » by Foye » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:04 pm

0:0 draw in a terribly boring game against Schalke. However, a step in the right direction as it was the first clean sheet in quite a while.

Bruma is giving us some sort of defensive stability.
Luckily, I don't think I have to endure Hack's terrible defensive displays within the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully, they sign a good CB in the offseason.
Foye

Post#184 » by Foye » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:28 pm

https://www.kicker.de/770201/artikel/windhorst_macht_sich_fuer_arena_mit_90_000_zuschauern_stark

Windhorst sounds like a smart man Nathan.
He is thinking big and I like it.

The issue being, the people he has available around him in Preetz and other Hertha management are not competent enough to cope with his vision. Additionally, he does not have the proper football knowledge to evaluate management, training staff, players, etc. himself.

Here is what Hertha has to do:
- Get rid of the dinousaur management around Preetz and call Ralf Rangnick any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
He has shown twice in Hoffenheim and Leipzig that he knows how to complete a project. Whether it's putting the coaching staff in place or assembling a talented team with a decent (but not overly excessive) amount of money. He is capable of doing that.

- Tesla on the jersey. Even if you have to pay Elon Musk for doing that.
Global brand, buying property closeby to produce their cars in the Brandenburg area. Will help immensely to establish Hertha as an international brand.

- Build a modern 80-90k stadium. Once Hertha is established as a global brand - the stadium will be full.

- Start buying 20 y/o's for reasonable prices instead of overpriced 22/23 y/o - but Rangnick knows that. So that's bringing us back to the Rangnick point.
Foye

Post#185 » by Foye » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Pretty good week for the German teams in Europe. 5 games, 5 wins.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#186 » by Andi Obst » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:26 pm

Foye wrote:https://www.kicker.de/770201/artikel/windhorst_macht_sich_fuer_arena_mit_90_000_zuschauern_stark

The issue being, the people he has available around him in Preetz and other Hertha management are not competent enough to cope with his vision. Additionally, he does not have the proper football knowledge to evaluate management, training staff, players, etc. himself.

- Get rid of the dinousaur management around Preetz and call Ralf Rangnick any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
He has shown twice in Hoffenheim and Leipzig that he knows how to complete a project. Whether it's putting the coaching staff in place or assembling a talented team with a decent (but not overly excessive) amount of money. He is capable of doing that.

Global brand, buying property closeby to produce their cars in the Brandenburg area. Will help immensely to establish Hertha as an international brand.

- Build a modern 80-90k stadium. Once Hertha is established as a global brand - the stadium will be full.

- Start buying 20 y/o's for reasonable prices instead of overpriced 22/23 y/o - but Rangnick knows that. So that's bringing us back to the Rangnick point.

Can't wait for the 90K people coming to watch a second division team!

Foye

Post#187 » by Foye » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Foye wrote:https://www.kicker.de/770201/artikel/windhorst_macht_sich_fuer_arena_mit_90_000_zuschauern_stark

Thats why I said go for Rangnick.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#188 » by Andi Obst » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:10 pm

Foye wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

Seems like they might do that.

In other news, Klinsmann is officially insane. The way he is going out is beyond anything I have ever seen. All I can say is: find yourself someone who loves you as much as Jürgen Klinsmann loves Jürgen Klinsmann.

JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,516

Post#189 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:56 pm

According Kicker, Lewa will miss for the next four weeks due to an injury at his knee.
Foye

Post#190 » by Foye » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:56 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:According Kicker, Lewa will miss for the next four weeks due to an injury at his knee.

So he will be back just in time for Dortmund :wink:
Foye

Post#191 » by Foye » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:59 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Foye wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:Can't wait for the 90K people coming to watch a second division team!

In other news, Klinsmann is officially insane. The way he is going out is beyond anything I have ever seen. All I can say is: find yourself someone who loves you as much as Jürgen Klinsmann loves Jürgen Klinsmann.

Obvious decision to go for Rangnick. He is the best guy for this position.
Just need to get rid of Preetz previously because Rangnick will not tolerate incompetence.

Klinsmann is an imcompetent idiot. However, some of his takes especially relating to the at the very least as incompetent idiot Preetz, are definitely correct.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#192 » by JohnPferdelack » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Foye wrote:
JohnPferdelack wrote:According Kicker, Lewa will miss for the next four weeks due to an injury at his knee.

Even without him, Bayern would win :x
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#193 » by Andi Obst » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:10 pm

Foye wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Foye wrote:

Obvious decision to go for Rangnick. He is the best guy for this position.
Just need to get rid of Preetz previously because Rangnick will not tolerate incompetence.

Klinsmann is an imcompetent idiot. However, some of his takes especially relating to the at the very least as incompetent idiot Preetz, are definitely correct.

Absolutely, he's definitely naming some real issues that need to be fixed. The way he does it is just so incredibly unprofessional and arrogant.

Foye

Post#194 » by Foye » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:46 pm

JohnPferdelack wrote:
Foye wrote:

Even without him, Bayern would win :x

Haaland will take care of business.

Anyway, its nice to see that the competition level around the league is way increased.
Much better compared to recent years except for the bottom 6...unfortunately Mainz belongs to that trash group. Also evidenced by the knockout stage performances in CL and EL. 8 games, 8 wins.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#195 » by JohnPferdelack » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:08 pm

Tomorrow's matchday will be opened by the Big City Club Hertha against Dusseldorf. After the bad loss to Cologne at home, Berlin has to show an reaction, but i also personally imagine that the player could play against Nouri.
JohnPferdelack
Assistant Coach

Post#196 » by JohnPferdelack » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Did you watch the game between Bayern and Hoffenheim and see the pictures of the "fans" against Hopp? Holy s***!
What is the real reason against him? Only because Hoffenheim is "sponsored" by Hopp? If so, what is the difference by RB, Bayer, WOB? Because in my opinion i see now big difference?
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#197 » by Andi Obst » Sun Mar 1, 2020 1:59 pm

There would be so many creative ways to organize a protest against the DFB, if that is something you feel like you have to do. Instead, these idiots decide to insult Dietmar Hopp, who has done nothing wrong, and don't even try to get their real message across. You really just have to read the statement the group of Bayern "fans" published after the game yesterday to know how unbelievably stupid the people behind the protests are.

Foye

Post#198 » by Foye » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:21 pm

Little Nathan wrote:There would be so many creative ways to organize a protest against the DFB, if that is something you feel like you have to do. Instead, these idiots decide to insult Dietmar Hopp, who has done nothing wrong, and don't even try to get their real message across. You really just have to read the statement the group of Bayern "fans" published after the game yesterday to know how unbelievably stupid the people behind the protests are.

I don't think that's true to be honest.
Ultras have been very open about their personal grief with DFB for years. Also there have been countless of banners in recent years with protest as well as other actions (e.g. not going to Monday games, not supporting their teams, against collective bans, pro Pyro, against VAR etc.).
You do not have to agree with everything the Ultras want. For example I do not mind Monday games, or VAR and don't think Pyro should be allowed. However, to be honest - Ultras are right to a certain degree and everything is directed into making more money - completely forgetting the sports roots.
Finally, the DFB is a bunch of corrupt idiots. For instance, take the world cup 2006. DFB have yet to admit that they bought votes - although everybody knows it.

For the Ultras, insulting Hopp is the best possible way to get their message to the DFB. Because otherwise - they will not even listen.
The current outrage is due to the collective ban of Dortmund fans in Hoffenheim - who was just recently announced - despite DFB telling they would not do collective bans anymore.
That's why Bayern, Gladbach and also Union Ultras are now also putting out those Hopp insults. Because DFB officials - did not stick to their words.
I don't expect anything to happen though, DFB will just continue with their finger pointing game at the "Böse Ultras" who "understand anything" instead of analyzing why the feedback from Ultras is so poisoned currently.

Read this:
[url]https://www.n-tv.de/sport/fussball/DFB-Praesident-Keller-sucht-den-Konflikt-article21612231.html?fbclid=IwAR3TjxjGOF_Q3dGJkNLgQ9iHyAiCOly5zMWTEHarD4RZydaiGn4yGS7P9vQ
[/url]

and this:

https://www.faszination-fankurve.de/index.php?head=Fans-kritisieren-DFB-fuer-Rueckkehr-zu-Kollektivstrafen&folder=sites&site=news_detail&news_id=21465

It puts everything into perspective.
Andi Obst
General Manager

Post#199 » by Andi Obst » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:01 pm

Foye wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:There would be so many creative ways to organize a protest against the DFB, if that is something you feel like you have to do. Instead, these idiots decide to insult Dietmar Hopp, who has done nothing wrong, and don't even try to get their real message across. You really just have to read the statement the group of Bayern "fans" published after the game yesterday to know how unbelievably stupid the people behind the protests are.

Ultras have been very open about their personal grief with DFB for years. Also there have been countless of banners in recent years with protest as well as other actions (e.g. not going to Monday games, not supporting their teams, against collective bans, pro Pyro, against VAR etc.).
You do not have to agree with everything the Ultras want. For example I do not mind Monday games, or VAR and don't think Pyro should be allowed. However, to be honest - Ultras are right to a certain degree and everything is directed into making more money - completely forgetting the sports roots.
Finally, the DFB is a bunch of corrupt idiots. For instance, take the world cup 2006. DFB have yet to admit that they bought votes - although everybody knows it.

For the Ultras, insulting Hopp is the best possible way to get their message to the DFB. Because otherwise - they will not even listen.
The current outrage is due to the collective ban of Dortmund fans in Hoffenheim - who was just recently announced - despite DFB telling they would not do collective bans anymore.
That's why Bayern, Gladbach and also Union Ultras are now also putting out those Hopp insults. Because DFB officials - did not stick to their words.
I don't expect anything to happen though, DFB will just continue with their finger pointing game at the "Böse Ultras" who "understand anything" instead of analyzing why the feedback from Ultras is so poisoned currently.

Read this:
[url]https://www.n-tv.de/sport/fussball/DFB-Praesident-Keller-sucht-den-Konflikt-article21612231.html?fbclid=IwAR3TjxjGOF_Q3dGJkNLgQ9iHyAiCOly5zMWTEHarD4RZydaiGn4yGS7P9vQ
[/url]

and this:

https://www.faszination-fankurve.de/index.php?head=Fans-kritisieren-DFB-fuer-Rueckkehr-zu-Kollektivstrafen&folder=sites&site=news_detail&news_id=21465

The DFB is a corrupt organization with absolutely no values, no doubt. But expecting them to react while giving them arguments against exactly that is just...not smart to me. The DFB sucks. But so do most groups of Ultras.

Foye

Post#200 » by Foye » Tue Mar 3, 2020 9:02 am

Little Nathan wrote:
Foye wrote:

Read this:
[/url]

and this:

The DFB is a corrupt organization with absolutely no values, no doubt. But expecting them to react while giving them arguments against exactly that is just...not smart to me. The DFB sucks. But so do most groups of Ultras.

True certainly. However, I don't even think they expect DFB to react.
Personally, I think it's more frustration from the Ultras side that is boiling - so currently they are in "we don't give a **** anymore"-mode. And it will probably get worse before it gets better.

Return to The General Soccer Board