ImageImageImageImageImage

Free Agent Talk

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Re: Free Agent Talk 

Post#821 » by cdubbz » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:35 am

Is there any money we can offer cousins to come back?
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#822 » by TB » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Who are everyones targets for MLE?

best case for me would be guys like:

Joe Harris
Jae Crowder
Christian Wood
Andre Roberson
Derrick Jones Jr

Very good chance they go for more than MLE, but thats the tier i'd start with.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#823 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:36 pm

Has Roberson even played this season?

Need wings who can try to slow down elite forwards.
TB
General Manager

Post#824 » by TB » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:10 pm

wco81 wrote:Has Roberson even played this season?

Need wings who can try to slow down elite forwards.

He hasn't. Will be 2 full years he hasn't played. Total wildcard i'd be willing to take a stab at if: 1) cant land a better MLE target. 2) don't get a good defensive wing elsewhere

We need a couple wings, so a scenario of bringing in Roberson (if healthy) and drafting a gunner like Kispert in the 2nd round would be a nice combo of options off the bench.
wco81
RealGM

Post#825 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:14 pm

Well some people thought his career was over and that may be the case. It should be a minimum deal, not even MLE then.
TB
General Manager

Post#826 » by TB » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 pm

wco81 wrote:Well some people thought his career was over and that may be the case. It should be a minimum deal, not even MLE then.

Sounds good to me if we have an open spot and don't draft a guy like Okoro or Lewis. :nod:
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,181

Post#827 » by xdrta+ » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:03 pm

I wouldn't want to even take a flier on Roberson for the minimum. I'm hoping they consider every roster spot valuable and not use one for a guy who hasn't shown he can stay on the floor--we had enough of that this year. We have Looney who might end up like that next year anyway.
wco81
RealGM

Post#828 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:10 pm

You may be right about that.

Roberson was a great defender but that was a long time ago in basketball time.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,685

Post#829 » by DAWill1128 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:57 pm

I think we found our MLE guy, can play center as well:
wco81
RealGM

Post#830 » by wco81 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:54 am

He has the corona virus right?

He's young though.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant

Post#831 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:03 am

wco81 wrote:He has the corona virus right?

He's young though.

Yeah, he does unfortunately. The current pandemic is likely to keep him under the radar, which is good for us. But also unfortunately for him as a guy who has bounced in and out of the NBA. Still only 24 at 6-10 with a 7-3 wingspan

Over the last 15 games:
22ppg
9rpg
1bpg
40% 3p

Imagine that guy as the open guy opportunity scorer in our 5 man lineup with Paschall as the 6th man, that's just a relentless offense to play against.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#832 » by cdubbz » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:45 pm

I’ve always had Jeff Green in mind the past few seasons as a veteran wing off the bench. Still quality wing off the bench to add depth. Not the greatest 3point shooter though.

Having more serviceable vets at the end of the bench will only help our young team.

Tyson Chandler? If we draft Wiseman it would be good to have Chandler as his vet for the season. Chandler has been washed the past few seasons but a mentor role is valuable.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#833 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:12 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:

He's young though.

Yeah, he does unfortunately. The current pandemic is likely to keep him under the radar, which is good for us. But also unfortunately for him as a guy who has bounced in and out of the NBA. Still only 24 at 6-10 with a 7-3 wingspan

Over the last 15 games:
22ppg
9rpg
1bpg
40% 3p

Imagine that guy as the open guy opportunity scorer in our 5 man lineup with Paschall as the 6th man, that's just a relentless offense to play against.

It’s taken him a long time to blossom, but good to see that he’s making it now.

Unfortunately, despite it being a pretty short stretch, I think his play with Detroit the past few weeks probably prices him out of the Warriors’ range (MLE). But definitely worth giving him a call when things re-open.
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#834 » by Mylie10 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:

He's young though.

Over the last 15 games:
22ppg
9rpg
1bpg
40% 3p

Unfortunately, despite it being a pretty short stretch, I think his play with Detroit the past few weeks probably prices him out of the Warriors’ range (MLE). But definitely worth giving him a call when things re-open.

Could have sworn I saw on the ticker recently that the Knicks were interested in him.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant

Post#835 » by DAWill1128 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:28 pm

ChuckDurn wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:

He's young though.

Over the last 15 games:
22ppg
9rpg
1bpg
40% 3p

Yeah, I worry Baynes has played his way out of the MLE as well. Both guys would be great adds.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#836 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:28 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:

Over the last 15 games:
22ppg
9rpg
1bpg
40% 3p

Could have sworn I saw on the ticker recently that the Knicks were interested in him.

Yeah, gonna have to replenish their power forward rotation, now that they're down to only 4 or 5 of them.....
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#837 » by Warriors Analyst » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:29 am

DAWill1128 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:

Over the last 15 games:
22ppg
9rpg
1bpg
40% 3p

Yeah, I worry Baynes has played his way out of the MLE as well. Both guys would be great adds.

I had that thought as well but there aren’t that many teams that need centers that can offer him a chance to win games. Baynes is making about 5 million a year already, Looney and Kanter make a similar amount. I’d like to think that the MLE will be appealing enough with the chance to play deep into the playoffs. The only other playoff contenders I can think of that really need a center next year are Houston, Boston and Toronto, but even then all those teams might not need/want Baynes. Houston is married to playing 5 out. Baynes could do that but Houston may want to keep playing super small. Boston already traded Baynes and has done well enough with Theiss and Kanter at the 5 while Robert Williams develops. Toronto is probably a lock to retain one of Gasol or Ibaka, but I’d see them as the most likely of those teams to go after Baynes as a cheaper replacement for whoever of Gasol/Ibaka leaves.

I could see Miami, the Clippers, or Dallas going after Baynes to give them more options up front but none of those teams need him. Porzingis and Adebayo both moonlight as 4’s but are best suited at 5 and really only play minutes at the 4 to preserve their bodies, which is why Baynes could make sense next to either of them. The Clippers seem to be locked into Zubac long term but if Harrell leaves, Baynes could be a cheaper player to soak up those minutes at the 5. This is all to say, there’s maybe 5-6 teams that could benefit from Baynes, but none of them are very obviously in need of his services, none of them would be giving him 25-30 minutes a game, and none of them would necessarily pay significantly more than the Warriors can to get him. All in all, I think the Warriors have a good chance of getting him.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant

Post#838 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:16 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:
ChuckDurn wrote:It’s taken him a long time to blossom, but good to see that he’s making it now.

I had that thought as well but there aren’t that many teams that need centers that can offer him a chance to win games. Baynes is making about 5 million a year already, Looney and Kanter make a similar amount. I’d like to think that the MLE will be appealing enough with the chance to play deep into the playoffs. The only other playoff contenders I can think of that really need a center next year are Houston, Boston and Toronto, but even then all those teams might not need/want Baynes. Houston is married to playing 5 out. Baynes could do that but Houston may want to keep playing super small. Boston already traded Baynes and has done well enough with Theiss and Kanter at the 5 while Robert Williams develops. Toronto is probably a lock to retain one of Gasol or Ibaka, but I’d see them as the most likely of those teams to go after Baynes as a cheaper replacement for whoever of Gasol/Ibaka leaves.

I could see Miami, the Clippers, or Dallas going after Baynes to give them more options up front but none of those teams need him. Porzingis and Adebayo both moonlight as 4’s but are best suited at 5 and really only play minutes at the 4 to preserve their bodies, which is why Baynes could make sense next to either of them. The Clippers seem to be locked into Zubac long term but if Harrell leaves, Baynes could be a cheaper player to soak up those minutes at the 5. This is all to say, there’s maybe 5-6 teams that could benefit from Baynes, but none of them are very obviously in need of his services, none of them would be giving him 25-30 minutes a game, and none of them would necessarily pay significantly more than the Warriors can to get him. All in all, I think the Warriors have a good chance of getting him.

I see the perspective of not a lot of teams needing Baynes. But I am sure most teams want Baynes. The guy is young, bangs in the post, can score around the hoop, rebound, pass, play well in a system, and now he is hitting 3's. His shot coming along has really opened up his game. I think he is better now than he was in Boston.

I wanted Valanciunas all year since we have picks and he fits into the TPE. But once he started stepping out and hitting 3's he became too good. Memphis started winning games and that TPE dream has all but dwindled.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#839 » by Coxy » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:50 am

DAWill1128 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:

I see the perspective of not a lot of teams needing Baynes. But I am sure most teams want Baynes. The guy is young, bangs in the post, can score around the hoop, rebound, pass, play well in a system, and now he is hitting 3's. His shot coming along has really opened up his game. I think he is better now than he was in Boston.

I wanted Valanciunas all year since we have picks and he fits into the TPE. But once he started stepping out and hitting 3's he became too good. Memphis started winning games and that TPE dream has all but dwindled.

Baynes is 33 years old.
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant

Post#840 » by DAWill1128 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Coxy wrote:
DAWill1128 wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

Baynes is 33 years old.

Wow. Time has flown by, seems like Just yesterday he was a little known player out of WSU playing on the Spurs. Did not realize he was 27 during his first full season.

Return to Golden State Warriors