2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,356

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Make trade offers here if you'd like 

Post#321 » by sunskerr » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:37 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Anyone in the dynasty league wanna do some trade negotiating before the deadline? Shoot me some ideas via pm or on the yahoo site.

Also gonna put in a plug again for having a separate rookie draft

I want to suggest (for the 2021 post season) having a separate draft for rookies, and a separate draft for free agents. Participation in this rookie draft should not affect participation in the free agent draft.

Why separate drafts? Maybe some don't want rookies and want vets?

I explained already in a previous post on the last page
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#322 » by TASTIC » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:40 pm

sunskerr wrote:Anyone in the dynasty league wanna do some trade negotiating before the deadline? Shoot me some ideas via pm or on the yahoo site.

I want to suggest (for the 2021 post season) having a separate draft for rookies, and a separate draft for free agents. Participation in this rookie draft should not affect participation in the free agent draft.

I want Bertans...just can't see any deals that work
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#323 » by sunskerr » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:47 pm

TASTIC wrote:

I want Bertans...just can't see any deals that work

I was keen to move bertans with one or two other players. Wasn’t able to do that so he might end up in the free agent pool this off season for you.

Was there any package of multiple guys that could have gotten a player from your roster?

My roster is basically set for next year although with Kyrie out I was keen to simply consolidate to 7 obvious/very strong keepers and survive off waivers/free agents the rest of the year, instead of having 8 or 9 guys I’d like to keep. Adams might be making it easy though.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#324 » by Desertfox » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:02 am

Oubre is available in Dynasty, if anyone is interested. I got a quite a bit of SFs.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#325 » by MathiasPW » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Desertfox wrote:Oubre is available in Dynasty, if anyone is interested. I got a quite a bit of SFs.

Trade deadline has passed, so no further trades can be done until the offseason. Are you sure you'll still want to trade Kelly by then?

On a related note: Anyone in favor of removing the trade deadline for next season? Even though we don't trade that much in the league, it removes a bit of the fun for the last stretch of the season.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#326 » by sunskerr » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:50 pm

MathiasPW wrote:
Desertfox wrote:Oubre is available in Dynasty, if anyone is interested. I got a quite a bit of SFs.

Trade deadline has passed, so no further trades can be done until the offseason. Are you sure you'll still want to trade Kelly by then?

On a related note: Anyone in favor of removing the trade deadline for next season? Even though we don't trade that much in the league, it removes a bit of the fun for the last stretch of the season.

Yeah I'll vote for that.

Still want to do a separate rookie and FA draft, too. See previous page for deetz
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#327 » by MathiasPW » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:12 pm

sunskerr wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:

Yeah I'll vote for that.

Still want to do a separate rookie and FA draft, too. See previous page for deetz

Yes, I saw that initial post. I appreciate people coming up with proposals. I'm not particularly fond of that one, but am waiting to see if it gets adherence from other members.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Post#328 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Personally I think I would be ok with the trade deadline being gone, but at the same time, those competing for the championship may not like it since they could go all in during the last week if needed to take the top spot, and it would require less strategic thinking to set yourself up at the trade deadline.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#329 » by Desertfox » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:49 pm

MathiasPW wrote:

I pulled a JJ and forgot about the deadline.... He'll probably still be on the trade market, I have a lot of SFs (PG, Tatum, Gordon).
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#330 » by wheezy » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Personally I think I would be ok with the trade deadline being gone, but at the same time, those competing for the championship may not like it since they could go all in during the last week if needed to take the top spot, and it would require less strategic thinking to set yourself up at the trade deadline.

Maybe the compromise here should just be april 1st or something along those lines? Don't remove the deadline, but push it back somewhat. I'd be fine with leaving it the same as the actual NBA deadline, although I don't particularly care either way.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#331 » by MathiasPW » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:55 pm

Here is another installment of your favorite read of the month, as seen by all the likes each of these posts get.

We now crossed the 550 Games Played threshold (I missed the 500 GP mark, sorry. Was enjoying the beach back in Brazil and got sick on the way back), and we have a new leader!

Commish decided not to leave stuff up to luck and just started editing numbers in his own benefit until he became number 1. Bam!

All-Star-Break seems to have been mean to Qwigglez, as Devin Booker and Joe Ingles have regressed quite substantially, while Drummond in Cleveland has just been a weird all-over-the-place mess. Maybe it's just karma, because who in their sane minds would pick up Marquese Chriss for their team???

Weekapaug continues to slide as injuries to Embiid, Isaac, Kemba and Winslow (ouch!) keep him low on games played and per game rankings.

The middle of the pack has seen small bumps all over the place. Sunskerr continues to deliver even in the absence of Kyrie, and is fighting with wheezy for a top 3 finish. Kerrsed, Golanator and now TASTIC are fighting closely for the other top half of the standings places.

Bwgood ended his downward slope with a great 9 point upward rebound, pushed by great stretches from all his wings, Middleton playing like a top 10 player, and Jokic finally delivering, being ranked #2 in the league in the last 30 days. Sadly, it seems as all the points bwgood took came from bigfoot, who is out-Hinkieing everyone even with Zion's return and great performance.

With 45 days left to go, who's gonna claim the title??? Just kidding, we all know I'll just tinker with numbers so it's me.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#332 » by TASTIC » Mon Mar 2, 2020 9:17 pm

Definitely not in favour of no trade deadline, I'm in a couple of other dynasty leagues and it ruins the league when the top 2-3 teams trade their 1st/a rough prospect for a bottom-dweller's 2nd-3rd best players with a few weeks/month left.

I think a better move would be aligning it with the NBA playoff signing deadline, ie 1 March.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#333 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Mar 2, 2020 11:58 pm

TASTIC wrote:Definitely not in favour of no trade deadline, I'm in a couple of other dynasty leagues and it ruins the league when the top 2-3 teams trade their 1st/a rough prospect for a bottom-dweller's 2nd-3rd best players with a few weeks/month left.

I think a better move would be aligning it with the NBA playoff signing deadline, ie 1 March.
I agree with keeping the deadline, but I'm uncertain about the change in date. Is it just because that's when player movement ends in the NBA?
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#334 » by TASTIC » Tue Mar 3, 2020 2:59 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
TASTIC wrote:Definitely not in favour of no trade deadline, I'm in a couple of other dynasty leagues and it ruins the league when the top 2-3 teams trade their 1st/a rough prospect for a bottom-dweller's 2nd-3rd best players with a few weeks/month left.

I agree with keeping the deadline, but I'm uncertain about the change in date. Is it just because that's when player movement ends in the NBA?

Basically, yeah. Current deadline was 20 days after the actual deadline...
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#335 » by MathiasPW » Fri Mar 6, 2020 8:39 pm

Rethinking about a cap league.

Reasons for it are:

1) increase parity by not allowing those who amassed a bunch of talent perpetually sit on it.

2) Increase player movement, so everyone has a shot at massive jumps on performance from one season to another.

3) increase trade activity by adding another variable to your players value (his cost)

4) increase value of rookies by having them have lower cost and longer time under control (relatively speaking).

So this leads me to the following transition plan (starts 2 offseasons from now).

A) We define a cap (example: 150 MM)

B) Each manager chooses 8 keepers. 2 will be supermax players (4 Years/30M per), 2 max players (3 Years, 20M per), 2 medium players (2 Years, 10M per), 2 Fillers (1 Year/5M per). That's 130MM, and you have 20MM left to fill your other 5 positions at an average of 4M per position.

C) We run the draft only for rookies (that will make a certain someone happy). Rookies have a salary scale where 1st year is really cheap (2M) and it grows by 1M over his 4 year contract, so in his last year he is paid like a minimum keeper.

D) We run the FA by auction. You bid on a player by offering salary and length of time. If within 24hs noone outbids you, he's yours. Contracts can't be longer than X years, salary can't be higher than the Y max. We have bird rights for preference (previous owner wins if bids are equal), otherwise untie criteria can be available cap space or final position in last year.

We'll have a super class of FA in 4 years, but by then drafts and trades and shorter new contracts will have mixed things up enough to keep it all entertaining.

Thoughts?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Post#336 » by bwgood77 » Fri Mar 6, 2020 9:11 pm

MathiasPW wrote:Rethinking about a cap league.

Reasons for it are:

1) increase parity by not allowing those who amassed a bunch of talent perpetually sit on it.

2) Increase player movement, so everyone has a shot at massive jumps on performance from one season to another.

3) increase trade activity by adding another variable to your players value (his cost)

4) increase value of rookies by having them have lower cost and longer time under control (relatively speaking).

So this leads me to the following transition plan (starts 2 offseasons from now).

B) Each manager chooses 8 keepers. 2 will be supermax players (4 Years/30M per), 2 max players (3 Years, 20M per), 2 medium players (2 Years, 10M per), 2 Fillers (1 Year/5M per). That's 130MM, and you have 20MM left to fill your other 5 positions at an average of 4M per position.

C) We run the draft only for rookies (that will make a certain someone happy). Rookies have a salary scale where 1st year is really cheap (2M) and it grows by 1M over his 4 year contract, so in his last year he is paid like a minimum keeper.

D) We run the FA by auction. You bid on a player by offering salary and length of time. If within 24hs noone outbids you, he's yours. Contracts can't be longer than X years, salary can't be higher than the Y max. We have bird rights for preference (previous owner wins if bids are equal), otherwise untie criteria can be available cap space or final position in last year.

We'll have a super class of FA in 4 years, but by then drafts and trades and shorter new contracts will have mixed things up enough to keep it all entertaining.

Thoughts?

I think they are good ideas but probably if we were to do a new or additional league. People have spent years building their teams (not that mine has turned out well) so I doubt everyone would want to scrap their teams and start over.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#337 » by MathiasPW » Fri Mar 6, 2020 10:11 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

Reasons for it are:

Thoughts?

I think they are good ideas but probably if we were to do a new or additional league. People have spent years building their teams (not that mine has turned out well) so I doubt everyone would want to scrap their teams and start over.
How so start over? Don't underestimate my thinking so much, I designed it so you smoothly transition from one model to the other. You still keep you main players for 3-4 years.
Kobe>Jordan>God
Analyst
And1: 872

Post#338 » by Kobe>Jordan>God » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:45 pm

Finally caught up to Kerrsed for 3rd place in the Premier League!
ImageImage
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#339 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:51 pm

Reasons for it are:

Thoughts?

Would trades have to make salary work as well? I'm not sure that would increase trade activity.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant

Post#340 » by MathiasPW » Mon Mar 9, 2020 5:46 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:

Reasons for it are:

Thoughts?

Would trades have to make salary work as well? I'm not sure that would increase trade activity.

Yes, that's a good point. Salaries would have to match into your cap space, which makes it harder to trade, but also avoids crazy talent-for-potential exploitation that perpetuates contenders in power.

I'l bring this back up at the beginning of next season when people are more engaged, again, and we can have a full discussion on the idea.

Return to Phoenix Suns