Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion, Part Two 

Post#1561 » by MAQ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:29 pm

The same company who reported Kobe's death prior to the authorities notifying the family?

TMZ is slime as is the folks who took the pics. But still willing to bet if TMZ got the photos they would publish them.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#1562 » by MAQ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:32 pm

The difference in what is portrayed in these pictures vs the pictures from a helicopter crash is not lost on me.

But peep the title.
https://www.tmz.com/2013/06/15/michael-jackson-death-photo-scene-gallery/

And we are to believe this company wouldn't do whatever they could to get clicks?
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#1563 » by MAQ » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:36 pm

Google searches show they have posted articles showing pictures of Michael Jackson's dead body during an autopsy.

But I'm pulling this out of thin air.
Greed
Junior
And1: 372

Post#1564 » by Greed » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:35 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:
NyKnicks1714 wrote:
Michael Jordan wrote:I'm confused,

Why would the pilots widow be obligated to pay a penny? VB is suing the company based on the pilots negligence. The company can't come after the widow for money.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-02-24/vanessa-bryant-kobe-gianna-wrongful-death-lawsuit-helicopter-crash

The 27-count complaint, which also names Zobayan’s estate as a defendant, seeks compensatory and punitive damages. The amount isn’t specified.

Okay so she's going after his estate, that's deep and arguably immoral.

She’s not literally trying to get money from his family

She has to name his estate in the suit but she’ll likely just target the company (As she should) and the pilot would’ve had insurance for something like this. If she doesn’t name his estate the company could just shift culpability onto them and avoid accountability altogether

Also, it’s definitely the proper thing to do as far as suing the company. Unfortunately it always takes tragic events like these for these travel companies to improve their safety, otherwise they’ll just continue to cut corners on everything

As for leaked photos, it’s a shame these headlines are dominating his name right now. His family may have just began finding closure. I only hope they don’t become publicly available because I know how demented the internet can be with spamming photos like that to loved ones
DS17
Sixth Man
And1: 1,374

Post#1565 » by DS17 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 pm

The stories i have been hearing of first respondent's sharing pictures of the crash site.. oh man. I hope that's false. That would be so appalling if it were true...
th1
Senior
And1: 409

Post#1566 » by th1 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:21 pm

Looks like this tragedy brought the best and the worst of humanity.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#1567 » by Sprewell4Three » Sun Mar 1, 2020 12:35 am

The worst takes have been these kind of videos of people going after Vanessa because of her heritage. Not only that the comment section is even worse! Crazy!
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,379

Post#1568 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:16 am

Greed wrote:
Michael Jordan wrote:

Okay so she's going after his estate, that's deep and arguably immoral.

She has to name his estate in the suit

Can you explain why that is?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1569 » by Kilroy » Sun Mar 1, 2020 5:21 am

geezr714 wrote:
pwrshft99 wrote:

This is stupid. We don't know the ins and outs, and the background of this all. All we know is what we see on video, and it should be left at that. Stop with the speculating and pushing for something that isn't there.

For all we know, Kobe's parents and family may have requested to not be acknowledged in the memorial.

Kobe and his Parents have been on again/off again feuding since he married Vanessa (and didn't sign a prenup)... A few years back they started selling his memorabilia, and while he said he was OK with it, it kind of didn't seem like he was, really...

So IDK... But families can be harsh sometimes, and his dad and mom spent a good part of Kobe's life sniping at him for one thing or another, so maybe they were held at arms length a bit... Or maybe it was just the way everyone wanted it.

I just had started to forget he was gone, but it hit me again today. Still can't really believe it.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#1570 » by jc23 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 9:27 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725253-michael-jordan-ranks-kobe-bryant-over-lebron-james-saying-five-beats-three

"Would I rank LeBron over Kobe in terms of best of all time? No. There's something about five that beats three. Now he may be better than that, but Kobe won five championships. LeBron won three."

regardless of your take on his comment im glad Kobe got to hear it spoken by Michael publicly.
Be curious, Not judgmental
geezr714
Junior
And1: 481

Post#1571 » by geezr714 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:17 pm

Kilroy wrote:
geezr714 wrote:
pwrshft99 wrote:

This is stupid. We don't know the ins and outs, and the background of this all. All we know is what we see on video, and it should be left at that. Stop with the speculating and pushing for something that isn't there.

For all we know, Kobe's parents and family may have requested to not be acknowledged in the memorial.

Kobe and his Parents have been on again/off again feuding since he married Vanessa (and didn't sign a prenup)... A few years back they started selling his memorabilia, and while he said he was OK with it, it kind of didn't seem like he was, really...

So IDK... But families can be harsh sometimes, and his dad and mom spent a good part of Kobe's life sniping at him for one thing or another, so maybe they were held at arms length a bit... Or maybe it was just the way everyone wanted it.

I just had started to forget he was gone, but it hit me again today. Still can't really believe it.

Oh no, I'm fully aware of the rift that was going on between Kobe/Vanessa and his parents. I'm just saying, no need to have a video speculating why his parents weren't mentioned in the memorial. When we have no real idea of what's going on behind the scenes.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#1572 » by Pennebaker » Mon Mar 2, 2020 10:27 pm

jc23 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725253-michael-jordan-ranks-kobe-bryant-over-lebron-james-saying-five-beats-three

"Would I rank LeBron over Kobe in terms of best of all time? No. There's something about five that beats three. Now he may be better than that, but Kobe won five championships. LeBron won three."

regardless of your take on his comment im glad Kobe got to hear it spoken by Michael publicly.

11 beats 6.

3 Finals MVPs > 2 Finals MVPs
4 MVPs > 1 MVP

Jordan was just trying to put a buffer between him and LeBron using Kobe, but it was a futile attempt. Today almost nobody thinks Kobe is better than LeBron.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#1573 » by jc23 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 10:42 pm

Pennebaker wrote:
jc23 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2725253-michael-jordan-ranks-kobe-bryant-over-lebron-james-saying-five-beats-three

11 beats 6.

4 MVPs > 1 MVP

Jordan was just trying to put a buffer between him and LeBron using Kobe, but it was a futile attempt. Today almost nobody thinks Kobe is better than LeBron.

"regardless of your take"
Be curious, Not judgmental
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,957

Post#1574 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue Mar 3, 2020 4:13 pm

I would like 81 And-1’s on this post to show respect for Kobe.

Warning --- don't be an idiot.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#1575 » by dlts20 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:59 am

Liam_Gallagher wrote:I would like 81 And-1’s on this post to show respect for Kobe.

What kind of self indulgent bs is this
Camping Fan
Senior
And1: 215

Post#1576 » by Camping Fan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:30 pm

Still hurts to know that Kobe Is Gone. I turned 61 this month and I have already lost to many friends to death. Friend of mine on Facebook died this month at 43 years old - Massive heart attack - Great dude except for the being a Celtics Fan part
Lakers 2020
Deivork
Starter
And1: 1,788

Post#1577 » by Deivork » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:28 pm

RIP Kobe Bean. You're still missed. Haven't heard anything about the investigation in a very long time. Is anything clearer about what happened?
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#1578 » by LAL1947 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:40 pm

Pennebaker wrote:

11 beats 6.

4 MVPs > 1 MVP

Dude, Jordan is a tier ahead of Lebron. He doesn't need to use Kobe to put up a buffer.

MJ was 10x Scoring Champ... while also being All-Defensive 1st Team in 9 of those 10 years... and was DPOTY in one of them too. Do you fully understand the significance of this and how great of a 2-way player he was?

Lebron is also a great player and deserves a place on Mt. Rushmore, yet he is a bit of a stat-padder when comparing him to MJ... and I think most hardcore basketball fans who watch a lot of games know this by now. If MJ was playing in this era where there are so many more quality 3&D floor-spacers who can't be left alone by defenses, I honestly think he'd average 45+ PPG in some of his prime years.

Return to The General Board