ImageImageImageImage

Markelle Fultz Updates Thread

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Re: Markelle Fultz Updates Thread 

Post#921 » by PrimeThyme » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:14 pm

basketballRob wrote:I think they both get 80-100 million extensions in the offseason. That will be the beginning of the end of high usage for some of our veteran role players.

I don't think either player will get that kind of contract extension this summer tbh. Both Fultz and Isaac have missed significant time in 2/3 of the years that they've been in the league so far due to injury. If both players can put together a fully healthy season next year and take a jump then it's certainly a possibility they get extended to that kind of money the following summer but there is still too much unknown and risk involved atm imo.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#922 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 am

Sans the milwaukee game.... fultz has shot 50% or muccccch better... 60%+ a few times in the last 8 games. That's impressive for any guard! even while having some meh 3 point shooting nights as he shot 30% from 3 over that time. When all the dust settles by the beginning of next season, he will be showing tons of promise.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#923 » by Dmagic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:57 am

Fultz is falling off. If we are calling spades what they are
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#924 » by thelead » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:38 am

Dmagic wrote:Fultz is falling off. If we are calling spades what they are

Falling off how? Assists are up and so is FG%. He just isn’t taking as many shots for some reason.
PrimeThyme
RealGM
And1: 14,372

Post#925 » by PrimeThyme » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:39 am

Dmagic wrote:Fultz is falling off. If we are calling spades what they are

The last 10 games he's averaging 12 ppg, 7 apg, and is shooting 48% from 3. His numbers are up over his season-long stat line across the board. So I don't think "falling off" is the right term for it.

However, he know doubt continues to be passive and is still not comfortable taking jumpers. His trajectory as a player will depend on him getting a consistent jumper. He's definitely not the player we saw out of college yet and may never will be, but there are still positives to take from essentially his rookie season.

Next year will be interesting. Not only him for him but for Bamba, Isaac, and AG too.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#926 » by Dmagic » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:38 am

I can't argue with yall. I guess I'm just not impressed lately. The team has other more established players stepping up and I guess mf has proved hes a worthy team mate. Falling off was the wrong way to put it. Maybe I'm just over him until he takes that next step which I hope he does
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,644

Post#927 » by thelead » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:59 am

Dmagic wrote:I can't argue with yall. I guess I'm just not impressed lately. The team has other more established players stepping up and I guess mf has proved hes a worthy team mate. Falling off was the wrong way to put it. Maybe I'm just over him until he takes that next step which I hope he does

I think he has lost some confidence in his shot for some reason and there is clearly a pecking order in Cliff’s offense. I don’t blame you for your view. I wish he was more aggressive as well but at least he’s efficient and mostly playing well.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#928 » by Skin » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:39 am

I just think AG wanting to go beastmode after the dunk contest has come at the cost of others getting shots. Looks like Markelle is the fall guy, but also with a willingness, and in turn working on improving his own efficiencies across the board.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#929 » by Bensational » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:21 am

Skin wrote:I just think AG wanting to go beastmode after the dunk contest has come at the cost of others getting shots. Looks like Markelle is the fall guy, but also with a willingness, and in turn working on improving his own efficiencies across the board.

I think it's more a case of Vuc, AG and Evan getting into playoff chase mode, and the rest of the team looking to support them, rather than them necessarily icing people out. Fultz still calls his own shots when he wants to, he's just being selfless and prioritising making the offense move.

He's not like Payton who seemed scared to try to score more often than not. But he can be similar in that he's a willing passer who is happy to move the ball.

I'm happy with Fultz's progress this season. He's just looking to fit in and contribute as he returns. I expect next season he'll look to put his stamp on the team proper.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#930 » by Skin » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:23 am

Bensational wrote:
Skin wrote:I just think AG wanting to go beastmode after the dunk contest has come at the cost of others getting shots. Looks like Markelle is the fall guy, but also with a willingness, and in turn working on improving his own efficiencies across the board.

I think it's more a case of Vuc, AG and Evan getting into playoff chase mode, and the rest of the team looking to support them, rather than them necessarily icing people out. Fultz still calls his own shots when he wants to, he's just being selfless and prioritising making the offense move.

He's not like Payton who seemed scared to try to score more often than not. But he can be similar in that he's a willing passer who is happy to move the ball.

I'm happy with Fultz's progress this season. He's just looking to fit in and contribute as he returns. I expect next season he'll look to put his stamp on the team proper.

Fultz will emerge when Evan is gone.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,184

Post#931 » by cedric76 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:17 am

Skin wrote:
Bensational wrote:

Correction

Fultz will emerge when cliff stop telling him to give up the ball to Evan.

This has nothing to do with Evan, it s all down to the coaching staff
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,611

Post#932 » by Skybox » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:11 am

Fultz has the ball in his hands, if he wanted to go HERO, he would...I wish he would.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#933 » by zaymon » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:27 am

cedric76 wrote:
Skin wrote:
Bensational wrote:

Correction

Fultz will emerge when cliff stop telling him to give up the ball to Evan.

This has nothing to do with Evan, it s all down to the coaching staff

Correction

Fultz will emerge when he starts to play better. Right now he is the one holding himself back. I predict it will change after a healthy offseason. Clifford done more than enough inserting raw, reconvalescent, rookie pg into the starting lineup.
Also Evan is the one who makes Fultz look better than he is right now. He spaces for him like crazy, and bails him out of offensive break downs (which happens a lot with us)
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Skybox
RealGM

Post#934 » by Skybox » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:59 pm

https://youtu.be/GYlpk-vcgJE

Man, you watch this and wonder "Is the plan to continue being patient because we've got a real star in the making?"

Is the vision to have MF scoring 25, dishing 10 and controlling the whole game while surrounded by defensive longbois making easy baskets off of his penetration and decision-making? Vuc's great hands and spot up ability, AG's and Isaac's versatility, Fournier's shooting, Bamba's defensive and 3pt upside, Ross's scoring off the bench...IF Fultz takes another leap (only to where he was projected to be as the clear #1 in a loaded draft)...tantalizing!!! Just want to see him start stringing those 20 pt games together. When he's good, he's really really good.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#935 » by Skybox » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:03 pm

For all those hating "Buddy Ball", when there's a better answer- Evan and Vuc will happily comply, IMO...a badass crafty penetrating lead guard whose long range shooting is dicey at best is (hopefully) that answer.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#936 » by fendilim » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:42 am

Skybox wrote:For all those hating "Buddy Ball", when there's a better answer- Evan and Vuc will happily comply, IMO...a badass crafty penetrating lead guard whose long range shooting is dicey at best is (hopefully) that answer.

no doubt, the game against the spurs, vuc even set a screen for fultz pullup fadeaway, it was in crucial minute as well.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,091

Post#937 » by yoyojw17 » Wed May 6, 2020 3:30 am

imagine him.... when his usage rate goes up! This kid will be special!
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,908

Post#938 » by drsd » Thu May 7, 2020 8:16 am

yoyojw17 wrote:imagine him.... when his usage rate goes up! This kid will be special!

Fultz shot 41.3% at Washington in the college three-ball. If he can get to 35% in the NBA on 4+ attempts per game, that would be a big help for this team.

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#939 » by MagicFan101 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:32 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

imagine him.... when his usage rate goes up! This kid will be special!

God damn I miss basketball.

That is some nasty stuff.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Post#940 » by Bensational » Tue May 19, 2020 9:30 pm

Those Fultz dunks are something else. He just keeps going up and up, and the way he can hold the ball and tomahawk it down is so powerful and dynamic.

But those handles! His ability to move at will, find a space, find an open man. That steal into a spin and behind the back flick to the leading Fournier...

At the very least, Fultz will be a highlight machine even if not a star.

Return to Orlando Magic