Welcome Shake Milton

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Re: Welcome Shake Milton 

Post#121 » by LloydFree » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:11 pm

Shake Milton is a clear example of how much of players success is related to confidence. It's all mental state. He always did all of these same things in college, but at the combine and in Summer League, he got nervous and missed shots, so people thought he couldn't play. Somewhere, this past year, he's calmed down and now he's playing in the NBA the same way he played at SMU
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#122 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:01 pm

Shake becoming the 5th starter full time moving forward changes everything. Him hitting at a 40+ clip from 3 on volume is so encouraging for our roster. You could argue bringing in burks and Robinson was a great move if only what it has done to push shake and furk
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,056

Post#123 » by sixers hoops » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:32 pm

I thought his upside could be an Aaron Mckie type; however, his defense has been somewhat inconsistent. I thought his drafting scouting reports had him as a solid defender. He might be a better defender if we weren’t getting beat up so often.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,667

Post#124 » by Negrodamus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:44 pm

He ran one of the most exciting offenses I’ve seen in recent history at SMU. His progression as a shooter and at the rim is clearly a testament of his hard work and is why he’s in this position.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 580

Post#125 » by blargh » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:05 pm

On defense, I feel like he could make a pretty quick improvement by just focusing on getting into a lower stance. He gets turned around a lot because he’s so upright.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,761

Post#126 » by mjkvol » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

He ran one of the most exciting offenses I’ve seen in recent history at SMU. His progression as a shooter and at the rim is clearly a testament of his hard work and is why he’s in this position.

I'd love to see some of that lob action with Ben or Matisse
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#127 » by Negrodamus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:24 pm

mjkvol wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

This team needs to be better at off ball movement for that to happen. Not saying Matisse or Ben are necessarily bad at it, but it's not a strong suit for anyone on this team really.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,761

Post#128 » by mjkvol » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:22 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

This team needs to be better at off ball movement for that to happen. Not saying Matisse or Ben are necessarily bad at it, but it's not a strong suit for anyone on this team really.

I think it's less that it's not the strong suit and more that it isn't encouraged in the stale scheme this coach runs. In the right scheme, I could easily see Thybulle, Simmons, Robinson, and Zhaire being lob finishing terrors.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
M2J
Starter
And1: 1,115

Post#129 » by M2J » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:47 pm

I definitely think Shake should be the 5th starter at least this year. Couldn't believe her wasnt playing after Embiid came back. I thought he played very well during that stretch. He's not that bad on defense and I think he'll be better, with that lineup. I think it's an experience thing, more so than effort or ability. He doesn't play.

This team really had it in them, they just need to be activated. They need a starting 2 guard to hit 3s and play some defense, and handle the ball sometimes. There are plenty of options.

They need Richardson and Harris to take and make threes.

Horford to average his season numbers of the bench, where he can take less threes and play inside.

Profit
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#130 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:02 am

Who would've thought Brand's best offseason move would be locking up Shake Milton for 4 years.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,112

Post#131 » by TheBallsDeeper » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:13 am

Looks like I might have been wrong on Milton - I thought giving him a contract was one of the worst decisions by a Sixers GM in the last 5 years - and the list of poor decisions is huge.

Glad to be wrong on this one.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,098

Post#132 » by Arsenal » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:16 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:Looks like I might have been wrong on Milton - I thought giving him a contract was one of the worst decisions by a Sixers GM in the last 5 years - and the list of poor decisions is huge.

Glad to be wrong on this one.

Even if Shake couldn't play at all, there's no possible way handing out a 4 year league minimum Hinkie Special contract could possibly be the worst decision.

Analysis of decisions needs to take into account the size of the contract, amount of assets burned in trade, etc.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#133 » by Negrodamus » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:27 am

Read on Twitter

People question why I hold strong opinions about Brett Brown and his inability to figure out rotations/recognize usable players. The Horford/Embiid starting lineup has just been the most publicized misstep.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 40,636

Post#134 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:13 am

He needs to stay in the starting lineup when Embiid and Simmons return, they can bump Harris up to PF, but Milton needs to be apart of the starting lineup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#135 » by Sportfan73 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:26 am

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:He needs to stay in the starting lineup when Embiid and Simmons return, they can bump Harris up to PF, but Milton needs to be apart of the starting lineup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using RealGM mobile app

With a CJ level of green light from 3.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#136 » by nymets1 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 1:38 am

WO Shake Milton's value just went way up after scoring 39 points and all the other stuff he provided today. Good thing I jumped on him off the waiver wire as soon as Ben Simmons went out and before Embiid got hurt.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 580

Post#137 » by blargh » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:02 am

Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

People question why I hold strong opinions about Brett Brown and his inability to figure out rotations/recognize usable players. The Horford/Embiid starting lineup has just been the most publicized misstep.

For all of his faults, this story is exactly why I respect Brown. He didn’t have to volunteer this story, which doesn’t exactly paint him in a positive light, but he’s consistently candid and honest.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#138 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:28 am

i like his shooting form, it’s very consistent on any situation that may help him be a consistent shooter.

The downside in his game is he lacks a quick first step, but in today’s game you can get by your man with length and being a threat to shoot from long range.

With time running out from this season, I’ll let him play the Jj Redick role by starting him in Al’s place. Then let him (and JRich) pair up with Embiid.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#139 » by Eyeamok » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:29 am

blargh wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
Read on Twitter

For all of his faults, this story is exactly why I respect Brown. He didn’t have to volunteer this story, which doesn’t exactly paint him in a positive light, but he’s consistently candid and honest.

The thing is Shake stayed ready. And maybe coach Brown telling him that was the kick in the ass he needed. How many times do you just want to prove people wrong. So you work even harder to prove you are better than what people think. I think this is what happened is happening with Shake.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,372

Post#140 » by Eyeamok » Mon Mar 2, 2020 3:35 am

Dear basketball gods. We have had guards that are afraid to shoot guards that forgot how to shoot. Can you just let the 76ers actually have a guard that knows how to shoot and dribble...just this one time?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers