ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?!

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?! 

Post#1 » by Dmagic » Mon Mar 2, 2020 10:44 pm

Yes. Quite possibly
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Re: Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?! 

Post#2 » by Pythagoras » Mon Mar 2, 2020 11:40 pm

Hell no.
Numbers rule the universe.
bellabiyel
Pro Prospect
And1: 743

Post#3 » by bellabiyel » Tue Mar 3, 2020 12:05 am

lebron as 3rd ??full time facilitator?nah
AUSTHIM REAVES
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#4 » by Landsberger » Tue Mar 3, 2020 12:06 am

No.

I don't believe Kuzma has regressed or is a limited player, rather that this offense and team is less conducive to him producing like he did in the last couple years. We have the second best record in the NBA while fans focus on what he isn't doing.

Kuzma won't be here next year. It's obvious to anyone watching that the FO, Bron and Vogel are in lockstep. Another top star in the near future and retread vets for support. No room for development or growth here while we're in win-now mode. It's working so far.

My guess is that you'll see him "bounce" back next year with a fresh opportunity elsewhere.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#5 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Tue Mar 3, 2020 12:19 am

Meaning Bron or AD will be the third option? No, Kuz ain't better than those two. Not at this point at least.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect

Post#6 » by Dmagic » Tue Mar 3, 2020 12:19 am

I believe Kuzma can be a more efficient scorer than AD, behind Lebron. I would rather see Kuz going off slashing and flashing and hitting shots than missed threes and fadeaways from AD. And I believe if Kuzma can Man Up he will be able to surpass AD as the second leading scorer perhaps not even as The Second Option but the third or whatever option just out working and out playing the second(AD). LETS GO!!!
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#7 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 3, 2020 1:37 am

LOLNO.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#8 » by Landsberger » Tue Mar 3, 2020 1:41 am

Dmagic wrote:I believe Kuzma can be a more efficient scorer than AD, behind Lebron. I would rather see Kuz going off slashing and flashing and hitting shots than missed threes and fadeaways from AD. And I believe if Kuzma can Man Up he will be able to surpass AD as the second leading scorer perhaps not even as The Second Option but the third or whatever option just out working and out playing the second(AD). LETS GO!!!

I've never thought Davis is a number one on a championship team Kuzma is not in his league as an all around player. Davis is a special talent... a flawed one in a few ways but a unique player. Kuzma, in the right situation is a 20 a game guy in support of a fast paced team.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#9 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 3, 2020 2:57 am

He works well with LeBron. He worked well this season and last season.

Kuzma and AD don't work well. That's where the problem lies.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#10 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Mar 3, 2020 3:44 am

Im gonna give Kuz some props for last game. Hes startin to show some fight. He was gettin his a&# beat. Walked down and jammed on. Zion saw Kuz and was happy for dinner time. But Kuz hung in! He didnt go into a shell. He showed me last Night that he was willing to fight. Buried a late 3 and kept fighting. Ill give him that.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#11 » by Pythagoras » Tue Mar 3, 2020 3:52 am

Dmagic wrote:I believe Kuzma can be a more efficient scorer than AD, behind Lebron. I would rather see Kuz going off slashing and flashing and hitting shots than missed threes and fadeaways from AD. And I believe if Kuzma can Man Up he will be able to surpass AD as the second leading scorer perhaps not even as The Second Option but the third or whatever option just out working and out playing the second(AD). LETS GO!!!

There is absolutely nothing Kuzma does offensively better than AD, and he's nowhere near efficient enough to be the number 2 scorer on a legit contender. He's a decent player who can get hot occasionally, but he's too inconsistent to be a guy who you want to rely on to give you 20 a night.
Numbers rule the universe.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#12 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 3, 2020 7:57 am

Kuzma as a second option is Last year Laker's before Lebron's Injury. A laker team that was fighting for 3-4 seed. AD as the second option makes this team a contender.

You cannot have an inconsistent or inefficient guy be your second option when you have one of the most efficient guys and future HOF in AD on your team. It would be criminal to underutilize AD
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#13 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 3, 2020 7:59 am

Landsberger wrote:

I've never thought Davis is a number one on a championship team Kuzma is not in his league as an all around player. Davis is a special talent... a flawed one in a few ways but a unique player. Kuzma, in the right situation is a 20 a game guy in support of a fast paced team.

He would possibly shine if he was with the rockets. He's really good with floaters(paint scoring) and he's very good at corner threes. in the right corner specifically, shoots over 57%(?) from there.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect

Post#14 » by Dmagic » Tue Mar 3, 2020 3:02 pm

Nice to see so much support for AD, hopefully he can eventually dominate.
I would say that it would be nice to try getting Kuz involved the way the Cavs did kevin love but he is a different type of scorer where Love could simply spot up. Kuzma needs to be right in the middle of the Action. Perhaps they are just now finding this out at the right time, or perhaps have known or perhaps I'm way off base(doubtful)--or maybe they were waiting on Kuz to pull his head out of his Ass. Its the right time to implement him into the mix. Maybe he is ready now, as well as the team as a whole, which is climbing toward a new peak.
One of these guys must rise up( AD or kyle kuzma) because right now we are just a good defensive team with good closing ability. Perhaps we will see the entire team enhance offensively and defensively as Playoff Lebron takes over on another deep run and the team Wins a Championship, and none of this will have mattered. LETS GO!!!!!
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,504

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Tue Mar 3, 2020 7:16 pm

Kuzma plays well off motion offense. He'd be an extremely valuable player to a motion offense (Celtics, Spurs, GSW, Pels, Jazz).

When it comes to a player like AD or BI going iso he no longer produces as well because he adds most efficiency by cutting, creating space and playing off the guy with the ball.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#16 » by Spens1 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 1:56 pm

He can't even be a third option properly let alone even anything close to a 2nd option. If he has any value i'd opt to trade him in truth, he's been pretty woeful this season.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#17 » by iamworthy » Wed Mar 4, 2020 2:19 pm

Piggybacking off of ST's post in the game thread, kuz is shooting 26% from 3 in 2020.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#18 » by lazybatman » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:56 pm

I'll personally take KCP over Kuz as 6th man right now.. dude just became David Beckham without winning the treble.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#19 » by stan francisco » Fri Mar 6, 2020 3:35 pm

No. Kuz is not talented enough to be the second option on a championship team.

At best, third star. Most here say he’s not good enough to be our number three. I think he will be soon.

Hate to repeat myself but, from the detailed Dion thread... :D

stan francisco wrote:People here also said that no team with Lamar Odom on it can ever win rings. As the third best player, he could.

I am a big believer in Kuzma having a bright future. Maybe the Kuz I thought would arrive this year will arrive next year. I see his max ceiling potential in terms of impact as a third star on a championship team. Odom, Worthy, Bosh, Tayshaun, or any other third star champion. Behind LeBron and AD he could be that guy. He needs to be included in the offense and he needs to take more space in the offense, get more touches, even if just touchbacks.

A cutting and slashing Kuz is a good Kuz.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#20 » by stan francisco » Fri Mar 6, 2020 7:59 pm

PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4

Return to Los Angeles Lakers