Post#1 » by ducler » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:14 pm

Read on Twitter
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,345

Re: Game 60: Indiana Pacers (35-24) @ Cleveland Cavaliers (17-42) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by boomershadow » Sun Mar 1, 2020 3:41 am

Another close one there until the end. Another Myles Turner 3 to put away the game.

The Cavs look way better under Bickerstaff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,117

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Mar 1, 2020 4:57 pm

League Pass blackouts won't allow me to watch the game for 3 days since they believe that Cincinnati is a "Cleveland Market". So, I likely won't see this game.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#4 » by Topofthekey » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:04 pm

I'm really happy for Myles that he's hit a few big 3s these recent few games

I hope that it gives him the confidence to be even more assertive and to shoot it even more confidently moving forward

Myles has unicorn level talent on the outside (as in physically), his inside just needs to catch up
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 946

Post#5 » by Tom White » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:11 pm

boomershadow wrote:The Cavs look way better under Bickerstaff.

It also looks like Drummond and Love are going to work quite well together.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:36 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I'm really happy for Myles that he's hit a few big 3s these recent few games

I hope that it gives him the confidence to be even more assertive and to shoot it even more confidently moving forward

Myles has unicorn level talent on the outside (as in physically), his inside just needs to catch up

I sometimes forget myself that he doesn't turn 24 until later this month. It's hard to see, but he has gotten better every year in small ways. Heck, his spacing and spatial awareness have grown tremendously this year in order to let him and Sabonis thrive together. His game solidifying 3 against the Blazers the other night was a direct result of his growth, recognizing that he should cut out to where Sabonis cuts in from. Dom saw him, and got him a good pass, and Myles knocked down the winning 3.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#7 » by Topofthekey » Tue Mar 3, 2020 9:24 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:I'm really happy for Myles that he's hit a few big 3s these recent few games

I sometimes forget myself that he doesn't turn 24 until later this month. It's hard to see, but he has gotten better every year in small ways. Heck, his spacing and spatial awareness have grown tremendously this year in order to let him and Sabonis thrive together. His game solidifying 3 against the Blazers the other night was a direct result of his growth, recognizing that he should cut out to where Sabonis cuts in from. Dom saw him, and got him a good pass, and Myles knocked down the winning 3.

The same argument can actually also be made for someone like Aaron Gordon, who's also only 24.

But yes, the things you mentioned are the sort of things a good developmental coach can help with

Not sure whether Popeye Jones isn't a good teacher, or Myles just isn't a quick learner

But I've also noticed that his role on the team has been changing (or maybe evolving is a better word) almost constantly, so that probably didn't make it any easier for him to grow as well
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,345

Post#8 » by boomershadow » Tue Mar 3, 2020 7:22 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

The same argument can actually also be made for someone like Aaron Gordon, who's also only 24.

But yes, the things you mentioned are the sort of things a good developmental coach can help with

Not sure whether Popeye Jones isn't a good teacher, or Myles just isn't a quick learner

But I've also noticed that his role on the team has been changing (or maybe evolving is a better word) almost constantly, so that probably didn't make it any easier for him to grow as well

Turner is probably the player on the Pacers that benefits least from our offensive system or lack thereof. I've been a pretty big defender of his, and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he would really thrive under a coach like Rick Carlisle or Mike Malone who likes to call plays.

He has played better the last week or two and looks like he is trying to do better at making reads and being in the right spots based on what's going on in the offense around him, but I dont think that's really his game.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Mar 4, 2020 12:19 am

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Hard to say, and maybe! :dontknow: However, Gordon is almost a year older than Myles (Myles is about to turn 24 while Gordon will turn 25 before the next season starts). Either way, we've seen Myles' awareness get better every year and have seen small marked improvements every year to adapt to being asked to play different roles every year, while Gordon has had the same ask of him the last two years, but we haven't quite seen marked improvement. His shooting inside the arc has plummeted every year of his career to a point where he shoots terribly all over the court anywhere outside of 3'. We've seen one improve year over year, while we've not really seen the other make much, if any improvements, at all over their career.

Return to Indiana Pacers