Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#281 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 3:54 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:I'm wishing the Nugs had traded Harris and not Beasley.

Wolves fans would have been happy with that considering most of us didn't even know who Beasley was. But now seeing him in a larger sample size, we are very happy with the trade. Hard to see him buried on your bench.
Pretty sure we are going to have to fend off offers this summer, but hard to see us not matching.

How are the opinions of others about losing him?
Link to thread? Thx.

Moot point, he refused to resign, we traded him to obtain return value. Sorry to see him leave but better to trade him rather than leave for nothing.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#282 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:07 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
Mac1958 wrote:I'm wishing the Nugs had traded Harris and not Beasley.

Wolves fans would have been happy with that considering most of us didn't even know who Beasley was. But now seeing him in a larger sample size, we are very happy with the trade. Hard to see him buried on your bench.
Pretty sure we are going to have to fend off offers this summer, but hard to see us not matching.

Link to thread? Thx.

Moot point, he refused to resign, we traded him to obtain return value. Sorry to see him leave but better to trade him rather than leave for nothing.

Fair enough.
KBD is going to give you some good depth, and could carve a bigger role next year, but I don't think Vonleh is going to be of much use. Neither of them fit what we needed right now, so we both got something for nothing. Just my opinion. If we can keep both this summer without breaking the bank, it is win for us.
Kind of like the DLo for Wiggins deal, we needed a PG and GS didn't want him. Happy to rid ourselves of Wiggins, even at the cost of a pick. But with DLo/Beas/KAT we have a solid core to build around....Again. 8-)
skywalker33

Post#283 » by skywalker33 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:59 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Wolves fans would have been happy with that considering most of us didn't even know who Beasley was. But now seeing him in a larger sample size, we are very happy with the trade. Hard to see him buried on your bench.

Link to thread? Thx.

Fair enough.
KBD is going to give you some good depth, and could carve a bigger role next year, but I don't think Vonleh is going to be of much use. Neither of them fit what we needed right now, so we both got something for nothing. Just my opinion. If we can keep both this summer without breaking the bank, it is win for us.
Kind of like the DLo for Wiggins deal, we needed a PG and GS didn't want him. Happy to rid ourselves of Wiggins, even at the cost of a pick. But with DLo/Beas/KAT we have a solid core to build around....Again. 8-)

Getting rid of Wiggins was amazing, wish all the best for Beasley but this isn't the TWolves forum, this forum is to discuss the Denver Nuggets. If you want to add to that, please feel welcome to do so....if that's not your intent, I'm sure the Wolves forum would welcome your chat

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#284 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 7:03 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

Fair enough.

Getting rid of Wiggins was amazing, wish all the best for Beasley but this isn't the TWolves forum, this forum is to discuss the Denver Nuggets. If you want to add to that, please do so....

Um...Thought I was discussing Denver with Beas talk, sorry if I strayed off topic. Sure that never happens here.
I will go back to Wolves ONLY talk.
Thanks.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#285 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Mar 4, 2020 7:06 pm

I am one who would welcome Beasley talk. I do wish him well. I also think the Timberwolves did a pretty good job at the trade deadline. Congratulations.
mplsfonz23 wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Fair enough.

Getting rid of Wiggins was amazing, wish all the best for Beasley but this isn't the TWolves forum, this forum is to discuss the Denver Nuggets. If you want to add to that, please do so....

Um...Thought I was discussing Denver with Beas talk, sorry if I strayed off topic. Sure that never happens here.
I will go back to Wolves ONLY talk.
Thanks.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#286 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 7:19 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:I am one who would welcome Beasley talk. I do wish him well. I also think the Timberwolves did a pretty good job at the trade deadline. Congratulations.

I guess I don't really look at other rosters, but if Beas was buried on Denver's bench, then you have a VERY deep squad. Of course you get to see them all the time.
And I guess the reason he's ours now is because he refused a 3/30. Pretty sure the FO was trying to get him cheap, but I wonder what he thinks his value is now. He's str8 balling here, and we were hoping to get something like 4/50, but pretty sure someone will offer him a lot more, and we'll match because we don't really have a choice considering he's already becoming a fan fav.

The only concern I have is, he goes soooo hard that I don't see his body holding up for a full season. Is he durable? Does he always play that hard?

Also really like the Juan pickup too. He's pretty sneaky with backdoor cuts. Seems like your team is stacked for a few years. Once Millsap is off the books, should net you a nice FA.
KBD could be a good player for you. Hard worker. Vonleh....Not so much.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#287 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Mar 5, 2020 1:01 am

I've been away from the computer and barely know how to use a phone, so I'm behind. :lol:
mplsfonz23 wrote:I guess I don't really look at other rosters, but if Beas was buried on Denver's bench, then you have a VERY deep squad. Of course you get to see them all the time.
And I guess the reason he's ours now is because he refused a 3/30. Pretty sure the FO was trying to get him cheap, but I wonder what he thinks his value is now. He's str8 balling here, and we were hoping to get something like 4/50, but pretty sure someone will offer him a lot more, and we'll match because we don't really have a choice considering he's already becoming a fan fav.

The only concern I have is, he goes soooo hard that I don't see his body holding up for a full season. Is he durable? Does he always play that hard?

We got Beasley a little late in the draft because he'd torn a knee. He seemed fairly good to most of our regular posters but our coach doesn't use young players much. (Watch and see, but Bates-Diop won't get much time at all especially this late in the season.)

Our bench is indeed that deep. Malone's biggest complaint was Beasley's defense, but in my opinion, it was as good as some others on the team - even better than at least one guard. The Nuggets have Harris & Murray with Morris at backup & Dozier looking like a good prospect. Plus Barton is playing SF but is really a smallish SG (at 6'5" with an average wingspan). Then there is Craig, who can do a fine job of playing defense at either wing slot but his offense is inconsistent. That's more guards than a team needs, so ...

Beasley is young and apparently in great shape, and yes, that's about the way he plays - high energy. I wouldn't be too worried about him - at least not this year. He's rested too much this year. :wink:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Also really like the Juan pickup too. He's pretty sneaky with backdoor cuts. Seems like your team is stacked for a few years. Once Millsap is off the books, should net you a nice FA.

Most of us also liked Hernangomez but we have even more depth at forward than at guard - although it could be debated that our forward depth isn't as solid as our guard depth. He's a great teammate and will surprise people with occasional great defensive plays. He always gives a solid effort and without Malone ready to yank him from the game for minor flaws, you should enjoy his two-way effort. I doubt he'll be a star but I'd say he'd make a great 4th or 5th option and perhaps a better bench option that can play either forward slot. He should fit nicely with Towns.
mplsfonz23 wrote:KBD could be a good player for you. Hard worker. Vonleh....Not so much.

I suspect Vonleh was picked up just for emergency use but Bates-Diop could be a nice addition in my opinion.

Thanks for the visit.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#288 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:05 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:I guess I don't really look at other rosters, but if Beas was buried on Denver's bench, then you have a VERY deep squad. Of course you get to see them all the time.

Depends on what you mean by deep? For what Malone seems to want at SG, than yes we are pretty deep in that Harris and Craig are very good to great defenders, we also play Murray and Barton there occasionally. The issue is that with Harris's shooting issues this year we really could use a shooter off the bench.
mplsfonz23 wrote:And I guess the reason he's ours now is because he refused a 3/30. Pretty sure the FO was trying to get him cheap, but I wonder what he thinks his value is now. He's str8 balling here, and we were hoping to get something like 4/50, but pretty sure someone will offer him a lot more, and we'll match because we don't really have a choice considering he's already becoming a fan fav.

Last summer many of us expected him to be what he is for the Twolves and we expected him to get at least $20 million to start. I think he will get at least that this summer with the lack of talent available.
mplsfonz23 wrote:The only concern I have is, he goes soooo hard that I don't see his body holding up for a full season. Is he durable? Does he always play that hard?

He and Juancho both play hard. Beasley had a broken leg I believe coming out of college, but has been basically healthy while in Denver.
mplsfonz23 wrote:Also really like the Juan pickup too. He's pretty sneaky with backdoor cuts. Seems like your team is stacked for a few years. Once Millsap is off the books, should net you a nice FA.
KBD could be a good player for you. Hard worker. Vonleh....Not so much.

Juancho was never going to get minutes with Barton being one of Malone's favorites and MPJ playing so well in such limited minutes. I would have prefered Barton got traded and MPJ starting with Juancho off the bench, but that is just me.

We will not have cap room to sign anybody if we are bringing back Grant which is expected. We will have the MLE to replace Millsap or Plumlee but one of those guys will likely be re-signed as well.

I can see KBD being in the long term plans, he is a good backup for MPJ next year, although they may both be behind Barton again.

Vonleh is a physical defender. We actually need a big physical guy when teams are being dirty against Jokic, but it appears that Malone is not going to play him either.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,512

Post#289 » by THE J0KER » Thu Mar 5, 2020 10:09 am

If we go back at the end of the 2019 season, the biggest issue is 3pt shooting (we lost game 7 vs Portland missing last 17 shots for 3pt) and even bigger problem, undersized SF (Barton and Craig are risky matchups against 6'7+ tall opponents).

Malik Beasley at 22 has his breakthrough season that year, even famous 50-40-90 Splash Brothers like pattern before ASG break (after Gary Harris come back from the injury he drops that numbers). And we expecting the arrival of another elite 3pt shooter this season in rookie Michal Porter Jr, which also should solve our problem with undersized SF starter (there are also some hopes that Juancho Hernangomez after fantastic FIBA World Cup will also distribute well on that position).

The same team which re-sign role players Plumlee and Barton for 14M per season deals didn't want to extend Beasley for a similar 40/3 deal (Beasley would be dumb if accepted our 30/3 offer), and even worse, as our 6th man from the previous season he suddenly being blacklisted and outnumbered, so when injuries of our starters give him some chances, his famous efficiency dropped badly under such circumstances.

Here are NBA stats for 3pt made in the past month (since February 5th), and look who is TOP5!

And if anyone thinks that one month is a small sample and that 48%FG% and 44%3p% are too good for that reason, I just remind you that Beasley last season before ASG has monstrous 64%TS% on over 50 games sample (50-43-89 percentages) but playing under-25 minutes his total numbers was not that impressive as today playing almost 35mpg in Minnesota.

Jusuf Nurkic has no future in Denver as a starter with future superstar Jokic obviously underperforming playing PF instead C, so I don't blame Malone for that trade happens, but only for unnecessary killing Nurkic value. But in Beasley's case, things are much worse, because "50-40-90" Beasley is actually the type of the player we exactly needed (every team actually), so the biggest crime there is we lost him, and just than the problem is we get nothing in back for him. With Beasley extended and developed as 30mpg super-efficient SG we are in a position to trade Harris and Barton both with cap space to get some truly big name (max-contract guy) this summer with Millsap and Plumlee expiring. And after all damage Malone is already done previously with Nurkic and Beasley, he playing now with the fire once again even with a most talented guy out of three, and the type of player we needs the most at the moment (great and well-sized SF) - Michael Porter Jr :banghead:
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#290 » by The Rebel » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:09 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Jusuf Nurkic has no future in Denver as a starter with future superstar Jokic obviously underperforming playing PF instead C, so I don't blame Malone for that trade happens, but only for unnecessary killing Nurkic value. But in Beasley's case, things are much worse, because "50-40-90" Beasley is actually the type of the player we exactly needed (every team actually), so the biggest crime there is we lost him, and just than the problem is we get nothing in back for him. With Beasley extended and developed as 30mpg super-efficient SG we are in a position to trade Harris and Barton both with cap space to get some truly big name (max-contract guy) this summer with Millsap and Plumlee expiring. And after all damage Malone is already done previously with Nurkic and Beasley, he playing now with the fire once again even with a most talented guy out of three, and the type of player we needs the most at the moment (great and well-sized SF) - Michael Porter Jr :banghead:

Nobody will ever convince me that Nurkic and Jokic could not have worked, Jokic made a declining Faried look like a star again and Jokic and Plumlee work okay together. The issue was that they were trying to play Jokic as a traditional PF and nothing about Jokic fits in that game. Nurkic could have played off the ball more with Jokic playing as he does now and it would have been a great pairing on offense and very good defensively with Nurkic guarding the better big on D.

It has been no secret that losing Beasley has me pretty pissed off. It is not just about the money, it is about the fact that he never got a fair chance here while Malone insisted on playing Torrey Craig the last several years while it was obvious we needed a shooter off the bench. Beasley put up 16 ppg on 70% TS% last year as a starter, so going to 21 PPG on 61.2% TS% in his 3rd year getting minutes is not abnormal in normal expected progression.

Juancho also bugs me, while I do not expect his 3 point shooting to continue, he is a hustle guy that is willing to sacrifice his body and do what the team needs to help them win. He is what Malone and a certain fan boi say that Craig is, and something that we need desperately on nights like against the WArriors.

More than anything the waste of all the young depth we had is what is really bugging me.

Nurkic, Beasley, Juancho, and Mudiay all feel like we held on way to long and sold for way to little, combined we got a backup big, an end of the bench SF and C, and a pick likely to be around 22 in a bad draft.

Add to that Lyles who obviously was not a long term fit well before the trade deadline last year, and yet we got nothing for him, and the total busts that we ended up cutting in Lydon and Welsh. Along with Vanderbilt never getting a chance and it feels like all the good young depth is gone, and we do not exactly have extra picks coming in to replace them.

Looking at the roster going into next year I am left wondering where does the improvement come from? Even if Harris goes back to what he used to be, Barton will be turning 30 and is more likely to decline as opposed to improve, Murray, MPJ, and Jokic will likely be better, but Grant will have to improve considerably to replace Millsap. Even if we bring back Craig he is also turning 30 so I would not expect much improvement.

Right now Craig, Plumlee, Millsap, Grant, and Vonleh are all free agents. Decisions have to be made on Bol, Dozier, Bates-Diop, and MOrris since they either have non-guaranteed or 2 way deals.

Expecting to keep KBD, Morris, Dozier, and Bol while holding onto the bird rights for Grant, means that we have a late 1st round pick, the MLE, and the LLE to get a suitable 3rd big, 2 backup bigs for depth, and a backup 2/3. I just do not see a clear way this team gets better next year which really makes me wonder if we are headed for the same ending as the Melo years.
Manolito
Senior
And1: 390

Post#291 » by Manolito » Fri Mar 6, 2020 10:44 am

Furthermore last three years we have given away key young pieces to our direct Division competitors:
Portland -> Nurkic
Utah -> Donovan Mitchell (even previously Gobert)
Minnesota -> Beasley & Juancho

They could have been sent to any random East team, but not, better facing them 4 times every season. Looks like no lessons learnt by Connelly
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#292 » by THE J0KER » Fri Mar 6, 2020 12:42 pm

Everything which I talking lately, but on better English :D , you can read here, in this well-explained article:

Denver Nuggets: Space-clearing trade that completely failed
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#293 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Mar 6, 2020 2:37 pm

If you look at ancient posts, I always believed Jokic-Nurkic would work together and even suggested Malone did not know how to handle them as a twin towers. I also said that Malone didn't know how to deal with Nurkic's personality. Malone seems to work best with players that are always satisfied with what they have. Those that express frustration have to go, or so it seems.

Beasley was apparently traded because he was not happy with his playing time and while it wasn't as openly acrimonious as Nurkic, the result was the same.

I'm beginning to wonder why Grant would want to stay here. This team seems out-of-control and that starts from the top - you know, the people that make all the trades and choose all the players. The people that choose the coach but clearly have no control over how he uses players --- there is a serious disconnect between the people selecting players and the coach regarding which players he will play (in my opinion).
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#294 » by THE J0KER » Sat Mar 7, 2020 11:11 am

Nuggets Made Push To Trade For Jrue Holiday At Trade Deadline

If this is true, trust me, this is the best news I hear for a while about Nuggets! That means our FO still cares about "The Next Step" and wants to put some risk in trying to become a true contender ASAP. Holiday is still on prime and a two-way real deal with some injury red flags (note that we are not in a position to target all-star guys anymore without sacrificing Murray or MPJ, so TOP40 guys like Jrue are the best scenario anyway).

Jrue would be a new backcourt starter with Murray for sure, so no-brainer part of this trade-deadline offer must be current SG starter Harris and Houston's 2020 late pick, and maybe Barton, Bol, or/and Denver 2022 FRP. If Plumlee was involved too then we probably asked for Okafor, and maybe veteran J.J. Redick is involved too which Pells do not need anymore.

We should repeat the same offer this summer, I'm sure that the reason why Pells declined it is not the combined value of our offered assets but their trust that they still can reach playoff this season which is their current priority.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#295 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:29 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Nuggets Made Push To Trade For Jrue Holiday At Trade Deadline

If this is true, trust me, this is the best news I hear for a while about Nuggets! That means our FO still cares about "The Next Step" and wants to put some risk in trying to become a true contender ASAP.

Agreed, but on the other hand, when I was a young man I really cared about trying to be a great athlete (in any sport) - but results weren't there. :lol: We don't need "caring", we need results. No boss accepts "but I care" when someone fails at their job.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#296 » by THE J0KER » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:26 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Nuggets Made Push To Trade For Jrue Holiday At Trade Deadline

If this is true, trust me, this is the best news I hear for a while about Nuggets! That means our FO still cares about "The Next Step" and wants to put some risk in trying to become a true contender ASAP.

Agreed, but on the other hand, when I was a young man I really cared about trying to be a great athlete (in any sport) - but results weren't there. :lol: We don't need "caring", we need results. No boss accepts "but I care" when someone fails at their job.

But in the past that "TRYING HARD" the first step is the biggest problem with our FO. For example, we didn't try hard twice in Jimmy Butler case when SF is our weakest spot, we have many assets outside Jokic/Murray to buy an unhappy expiring star, he would never complain about Jokic and Murray work etic like in KAT-Wiggins case, and Butler proved this season in Miami how perfectly he can fit to "point-center" system around Adebayo (aka Jokic). Just imagine if we added to Jokic and Murray TOP15 star and type of the player (two-way SF) we needed the most! Maybe Nuggets, not Raptors, would be the biggest winners of 2019 GSW playoff hospitalization!
skywalker33

Post#297 » by skywalker33 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:34 pm

One thing I gleaned is the FO has yet to pull off one of these BIG trades, TC can’t get it done !! We’ve heard several times “we were close “ yet I don’t see any cigar

Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,203

Post#298 » by Quentin » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:40 pm

Just stopping by to say "thank you" for Beasley. Dude is playing awesome for us and I think he can get better. Love his game. I don't even remember what we gave up to get him. :D
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#299 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Mar 7, 2020 7:02 pm

Quentin wrote:Just stopping by to say "thank you" for Beasley. Dude is playing awesome for us and I think he can get better. Love his game. I don't even remember what we gave up to get him. :D

No problem, we figured you needed so much help that one minor player wouldn't be missed over here. :lol:
skywalker33

Post#300 » by skywalker33 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 1:27 am

Quentin wrote:Just stopping by to say "thank you" for Beasley. Dude is playing awesome for us and I think he can get better. Love his game. I don't even remember what we gave up to get him. :D

Hope you say thanks when he’s asking for $90MM over 4-yrs this summer

Return to Denver Nuggets