Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Game 62: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-44) vs. Boston Celtics (41-19) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Mar 4, 2020 12:28 pm

Read on Twitter
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Re: Game 62: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-44) vs. Boston Celtics (41-19) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Revenged25 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 12:37 pm

Sweet Sexton and Porter in the starting line-up.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Game 62: Cleveland Cavaliers (17-44) vs. Boston Celtics (41-19) - 7:00 PM ET 

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 4, 2020 5:48 pm

not sure how long dg will be out but i guess we can see how kpj does in the sl regardless... was hoping to see some dg kpj pairing in the sl for awhile in the last 25 games but that seems like a wash. dg is gong to have to really step it up next season esp if they pass on drafting a pg and he chokes. Although at this point Sexton could just as easily take the job anyway given his accepting the challenge to be a playmaker going forward already looks attainable
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,370

Post#4 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 4, 2020 8:57 pm

Stillwater wrote:not sure how long dg will be out but i guess we can see how kpj does in the sl regardless... was hoping to see some dg kpj pairing in the sl for awhile in the last 25 games but that seems like a wash. dg is gong to have to really step it up next season esp if they pass on drafting a pg and he chokes. Although at this point Sexton could just as easily take the job anyway given his accepting the challenge to be a playmaker going forward already looks attainable

Collin had just 3 assists against the Jazz and Porter Jr added 4. As a team we ended up with 28 thanks to Delly's 9 and Nance Jr's 8.

The problem with pairing Collin and KPJ is they both hold the ball too much. If we're going to generate assists as a team, the ball can't stick.

I'm just glad we're getting to see some new things being tried with the starting lineup because the old lineup stunk.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Wed Mar 4, 2020 9:45 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:not sure how long dg will be out but i guess we can see how kpj does in the sl regardless... was hoping to see some dg kpj pairing in the sl for awhile in the last 25 games but that seems like a wash. dg is gong to have to really step it up next season esp if they pass on drafting a pg and he chokes. Although at this point Sexton could just as easily take the job anyway given his accepting the challenge to be a playmaker going forward already looks attainable

Collin had just 3 assists against the Jazz and Porter Jr added 4. As a team we ended up with 28 thanks to Delly's 9 and Nance Jr's 8.

The problem with pairing Collin and KPJ is they both hold the ball too much. If we're going to generate assists as a team, the ball can't stick.

I'm just glad we're getting to see some new things being tried with the starting lineup because the old lineup stunk.
yeah I'm not concerned with the sexton kpj pairing at all since neither are more than me first players by nature but both are mentally more than capable of playing sacrificing basketball in the same line up I mean dg sucked all season defensively and really has struggled overall despite appearing pass friendly and less selfish as they are but that's because he isn't as good of a scorer not because he's a better floor general as you're implying.
We really needed to see if Garland could take advantage as a scorer with a bigger player sharing the backcourt who was controlling the pace and see if that helped him since the dg cs backcourt is proven a failure because of dg not being able to play off sexton and not being able to run the team with sexton trying to play off him.
I've pretty much written dg off
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#6 » by JonFromVA » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:12 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

yeah I'm not concerned with the sexton kpj pairing at all since neither are more than me first players by nature but both are mentally more than capable of playing sacrificing basketball in the same line up I mean dg sucked all season defensively and really has struggled overall despite appearing pass friendly and less selfish as they are but that's because he isn't as good of a scorer not because he's a better floor general as you're implying.
We really needed to see if Garland could take advantage as a scorer with a bigger player sharing the backcourt who was controlling the pace and see if that helped him since the dg cs backcourt is proven a failure because of dg not being able to play off sexton and not being able to run the team with sexton trying to play off him.
I've pretty much written dg off

KPJ was -22 in this last game, and he's piled up a lot of negative games like rookies tend to do.

Looking like more of a pro-prospect doesn't necessarily mean he will be more effective in place of Garland.

By the numbers, if you want to see a starting lineup that would have the best chance to work with Collin in it - it would include Delly; but of course we're far more interested in developing Porter Jr and Garland than giving minutes to Delly.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#7 » by gflem » Wed Mar 4, 2020 10:52 pm

I think the C's are going to be salty at how they played last game. Unfortunately the Cavs are shorthanded so it looks like it will another thrashing at the Q tonight.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#8 » by Revenged25 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 11:06 pm

gflem wrote:I think the C's are going to be salty at how they played last game. Unfortunately the Cavs are shorthanded so it looks like it will another thrashing at the Q tonight.

if these lineups are right, looks like the Celtics are rather shorthanded as well...
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#9 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:12 am

Sexton proving everyone wrong ...again. Definitely looked like the point guard I'd want to use going forward tonight. The improvement was always my anticipation given his insane work ethic.
DG better step it up or he might be out of a job...might be anyway
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#10 » by JonFromVA » Thu Mar 5, 2020 8:57 pm

Collin goes off for 41 & 6 but can't carry the Cavs to a win over a depleted Celtics squad on the second night of a back to back?

At least they made it entertaining.

If they'd actually won the game we might have cause to believe we found our new starting unit.

I was hoping Delly had rediscovered his shot, but that's looking like a No....

To add insult to injury, KPJ is in concussion protocol.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers