Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Mar 4, 2020 2:51 pm

Read on Twitter
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Game 62: Memphis Grizzlies (30-31) @ Brooklyn Nets (27-33) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Wed Mar 4, 2020 6:33 pm

Let's hope for the winning streak to continue tonight. This Nets team can't be underestimated. Need to lock down Spencer Dinwiddie and keep him from getting his teammates involve. The Nets are a scrappy bunch so the Grizzlies can't afford to play sloppy on both ends and expect to get lucky with a win here.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#3 » by Whole Truth » Thu Mar 5, 2020 3:09 am

Another good game but I didn't like the excessive celebrating, stay humble Memphis.

Hope they find a way to retain Josh, he's a big reason for the recent play on both ends.

Usually, I'm long winded …

Mavs next.
bobobolas10
Senior
And1: 307

Post#4 » by bobobolas10 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 9:24 am

I have to agree. I didnt like the bench moves in the 4th Q. If you are up by 30, respect the rival. Nets behaved like gentleman, some other teams/players could have tried to foul meaning harm to our players. Thats how fights starts, remember the game against the knicks.

Also, Ive already made my mind about Deng. Low IQ, bad when ball is in his hands, bad shoot selection, silly turnovers for being careless, those useless slaps to the ball when rebounding... We will have to use him while JJJ and Clarke are out but once they are back, i hope he plays the Watanabe's or Uthoff's minutes. If i had to say something good, he looks very strong and playing against him must be kind of unpleasing. (At least while he is defeding you)

Good Win. Mavs comes next? Doesnt look good for us but... lets put up a fight. :)
"Take that for Data!"
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#5 » by Whole Truth » Thu Mar 5, 2020 2:31 pm

bobobolas10 wrote:I have to agree. I didnt like the bench moves in the 4th Q. If you are up by 30, respect the rival. Nets behaved like gentleman, some other teams/players could have tried to foul meaning harm to our players. Thats how fights starts, remember the game against the knicks.

Also, Ive already made my mind about Deng. Low IQ, bad when ball is in his hands, bad shoot selection, silly turnovers for being careless, those useless slaps to the ball when rebounding... We will have to use him while JJJ and Clarke are out but once they are back, i hope he plays the Watanabe's or Uthoff's minutes. If i had to say something good, he looks very strong and playing against him must be kind of unpleasing. (At least while he is defeding you)

Good Win. Mavs comes next? Doesnt look good for us but... lets put up a fight. :)

Respecting the rival is part of it. In a season of highs & lows IMO you don't want to ride an emotional rollercoaster. Being even keel & focused in wins & losses is my main concern. You don't just lose focus in losses, they get to high & over confident, what goes around .. so in that round about way it is about respecting what comes next.

It's the reason I'm not a fan of Embiid, who trash talks, dances when he's playing well, cries when he loses. Traits of a sore, loser.

Dieng definitely had a bad TO when Josh fed him for an open layup but how are you drawing your conclusion?, he was 2-4 tonight. Granted, he hasn't been shooting the ball well since joining Memphis but he's still 36% from 3 despite the fact. He's cold right now but has been taking open to wide open 3's, which IMO is the difference between good & bad shot selection, not missing them. Having said that, he's a big reason why Memphis has just held 3 teams in a row to under 90. He's strong where Jonas is weak & the 2 were +16 tonight in another 30 point win.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#6 » by E S V L » Thu Mar 5, 2020 4:11 pm

It looks like an alternative universe here. If Brooklyn can`t handle Konchar, Josh Jackson, and Tolliver, who are trash guys, this is hardly a Memphis problem. Would you suggest that Jenkins should have given direct instructions to our bench to "calm down"?

I cannot believe I see any comments, out of ultra-positive, about Dieng in the Memphis uniform. Who are you, people?

The "Tyus - Konchar- Josh - Tolliver - Dieng" line is unbelievable and unstoppable. Arguably the BEST in the league right now.
FK NFL
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#7 » by VCfor3 » Thu Mar 5, 2020 8:37 pm

I agree that I'm not a big fan of the bench celebration, but apparently Brooklyn did it to us last year so we were kinda getting revenge doing it back to them this year.

I think the overtime game against BOS the night before helped us a lot. They ran out of gas against us.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies