LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday. 

Post#1 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:13 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28854970/lebron-james-helps-lakers-clinch-first-playoff-berth-2012-13

On Sunday, the Lakers will try to beat another title contender for the first time this season when they square off against their Staples Center hallway rivals -- the Clippers (43-19). The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster. They beat the Lakers in the season opener without Paul George and again in their highly anticipated Christmas night showdown.

The third meeting between the two Los Angeles teams was postponed after Kobe Bryant's death, setting up Sunday's encounter as their third matchup this season.

"We know how well they've been playing as of late," James said. "They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

"And then the Christmas Day game, we didn't play to our capabilities. We played great in the first half and then the second half we let it kind of get away from us. So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw."

LeBron as usual can't just own something straight up. Basically first loss is forgotten because it was a new team (Nevermind no PG, yes I realized they had no Kuzma or Rondo). Kuzma and Rondo are basically negative players this year, so having them out was a blessing probably.

Second loss is a classic "we beat ourselves" type deal. Admits they played well, then choked. Clippers held them to 3 points in the last 5 minutes. Maybe he can talk about how AD has 2 ppg in 4th quarters vs the Clippers? Then he hedges with basically saying win, loss or draw doesn't matter, just the effort does.

I can see Sunday going either way, but it's pathetic to me that time and time again the supposed 2nd best all time player has an excuse for each loss. Imagine Jordan or Kobe talking like this?
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Re: LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday. 

Post#2 » by xdrta+ » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:16 pm

What do you want him to say, they're a better team, we don't have a chance? This is nothing, all players talk like this.
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,794

Post#3 » by Mos_Heat » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Comment this statement, ples
:reporter:
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#4 » by LipSkinMatter » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:19 pm

:roll:
Statlanta
RealGM
And1: 9,176

Post#5 » by Statlanta » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:20 pm

This is a bait thread for LeBron and Laker fans.

Both teams will be fully healthy and rested on Sunday.

No excuses for either team.
East #1 Draft Picks: Fultz, Banchero, Wiggins, Cuninigham
West #1 Draft Picks: Edwards, WIlliamson, Ayton, Towns
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#6 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:20 pm

xdrta+ wrote:What do you want him to say, they're a better team, we don't have a chance? This is nothing, all players talk like this.
No, I want him to keep it simple. They beat us twice and we are motivated to not let it happen again. The moral victories look pathetic coming from someone of his caliber. Like I said find a clip for me of Jordan doing this kind of stuff? Or even Kobe? To elite competitors a loss is a loss to learn from, there are no excuses or moral victories.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,183

Post#7 » by clyde21 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:21 pm

i cant wait for the 'are the (insert Lakers or Clippers) exposed' threads sunday
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#8 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:22 pm

Statlanta wrote:This is a bait thread for LeBron and Laker fans.

I've praised the Lakers enough lately to prove otherwise. This is specifically about LeBron's off the court comments. Not the Lakers as a team or their play on court.

xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#9 » by xdrta+ » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:23 pm

No surprise, considering the source. No excuses are necessary for a meaningless March game. It could go either way, so what? Nothing proven until the playoffs.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#10 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:23 pm

clyde21 wrote:i cant wait for the 'are the (insert Lakers or Clippers) exposed' threads sunday
No reason for that though. Lakers lose and still the #1 seed. Clippers lose they are still 2-1 vs Lakers. I don't think it means much in that sense. I expect a close game and wouldn't be shocked if either team wins.

yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,793

Post#11 » by yoyoboy » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:24 pm

I think you’re reading too much into it.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,908

Post#12 » by thebigbird » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:24 pm

You're better than this Clipsfan.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,129

Post#13 » by levon » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:24 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

I've praised the Lakers enough lately to prove otherwise. This is specifically about LeBron's off the court comments. Not the Lakers as a team or their play on court.

You don't get to cash in "praise Lakers" points for borderline histrionic threads like this. Nowhere in Lebron's comments were there excuses about past games or the upcoming game.
levon
RealGM

Post#14 » by levon » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:25 pm

thebigbird wrote:You're better than this Clipsfan.

That's more debatable than Lebron's postgame thoughts.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#15 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:28 pm

levon wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:

You don't get to cash in "praise Lakers" points for borderline histrionic threads like this. Nowhere in Lebron's comments were there excuses about past games or the upcoming game.
What? May want to read the quotes again.

Game 1: We had all new players basically

Game 2: We beat ourselves

Essentially his final view on this is that the first two games didn't really count. He makes that clear by implying this is the first true look at the teams.

Think he factored in no PG, or things Clips were dealing with into his moral victory? Of course not.

Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,297

Post#16 » by Side beard » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:31 pm

Are you scared of Lebron sweeping you, if you even get past Dallas?
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,896

Post#17 » by lakerz12 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:31 pm

There's nothing really wrong with his comments.

His job is not to make you happy with his comments or to be totally objective.

There's a term called "explanatory style" in psychology. In order to retain optimism and peak performance, it's good to explain away bad events as being temporary and not your fault. Otherwise you risk going into a pessimistic mindset and may reduce your performance.

So his explanation is obviously bias and in favor of his team. That's how it's supposed to be! He plays for the Lakers.

Also saying "So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw" - - - has some good truth to it. Especially during the regular season where this Win or Loss is not that consequential. It's what John Wooden taught - - - play well and leave it all on the floor. The results will take care of themselves.
levon
RealGM

Post#18 » by levon » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:33 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
levon wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:I've praised the Lakers enough lately to prove otherwise. This is specifically about LeBron's off the court comments. Not the Lakers as a team or their play on court.

Essentially his final view on this is that the first two games didn't really count. He makes that clear by implying this is the first true look at the teams.

Think he factored in no PG, or things Clips were dealing with into his moral victory? Of course not.

I'm good man. I'd rather not get dragged into your insecure mind. But if you're ever looking to research what excuses really look like, look to Coach "we still haven't practiced" Rivers

"They still have not beaten our starting five. Our starting five against the Lakers starting five has a ring. Tell him don't forget that. We will be back strong and Perk will be there next year if there's a game seven."

See you in the game thread when you post 5 straight times with your actual thoughts, then muster up some thinly-veiled troll thread for "Laker praise" points.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#19 » by OkcSinceSGA » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:35 pm

levon wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
levon wrote:You don't get to cash in "praise Lakers" points for borderline histrionic threads like this. Nowhere in Lebron's comments were there excuses about past games or the upcoming game.

I'm good man. I'd rather not get dragged into your insecure mind. But if you're ever looking to research what excuses really look like, look to Coach "we still haven't practiced" Rivers

"They still have not beaten our starting five. Our starting five against the Lakers starting five has a ring. Tell him don't forget that. We will be back strong and Perk will be there next year if there's a game seven."

See you in the game thread when you post 5 straight times with your actual thoughts, then muster up some thinly-veiled troll thread for "Laker praise" points.
I believe Doc is the king of bull, excuses and moral victories. I rip him for it about 50x a year. I also ripped Lou recently for acting like the 3 game losing streak wasn't worth worrying about. I'm more consistent than you'd like to admit about stuff like this.

Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,292

Post#20 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 6:35 pm

This sort of seems like a needless troll thread tbh.

Return to The General Board