Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Mar 6, 2020 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:14 am

Nobody watching?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Re: Game 63: Oklahoma City Thunder (38-24) @ New York Knicks (19-43) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:24 am

Galloisdaman wrote:Nobody watching?

It feels a little redundant to post that I enjoy watching shai and that Ferguson sucks, but yes, I’m watching.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#4 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:37 am

Team is more than 2 guys :)
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#5 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:44 am

Up 29. Think time to take the starters out.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#6 » by Old Man Game » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:06 am

Yeesh Knicks. It's just gotten sad at this point.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:20 pm

The last few years I've somewhat lost interest after the trade deadline because of lack of moves that don't signal any clear intentions of either going all in or committing to a rebuild. That being said, I really do enjoy watching Shai and I think this year will be one he looks back on as pivotal in his development for taking the next step.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#8 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:58 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:The last few years I've somewhat lost interest after the trade deadline because of lack of moves that don't signal any clear intentions of either going all in or committing to a rebuild. That being said, I really do enjoy watching Shai and I think this year will be one he looks back on as pivotal in his development for taking the next step.

I understand. That could be true but I'm very proud of this team. I try to enjoy today. I think trading West and PG for years of draft pick is considered a step towards rebuilding by many fans.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 7, 2020 1:12 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:The last few years I've somewhat lost interest after the trade deadline because of lack of moves that don't signal any clear intentions of either going all in or committing to a rebuild. That being said, I really do enjoy watching Shai and I think this year will be one he looks back on as pivotal in his development for taking the next step.

I understand. That could be true but I'm very proud of this team. I try to enjoy today. I think trading West and PG for years of draft pick is considered a step towards rebuilding by many fans.

I agree that's obviously where they are heading. However, I don't care for limbo seasons like this one. Ultimately it could be for the best if the Knicks are willing to give positive value for CP3 and other things happen. It coul definitely be worse. I read on the Knicks forum that they were blasting music during their own player's (Portis) free throws to drown out "sell the team" chants by Knicks fans.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#10 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 1:49 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

I agree that's obviously where they are heading. However, I don't care for limbo seasons like this one. Ultimately it could be for the best if the Knicks are willing to give positive value for CP3 and other things happen. It coul definitely be worse. I read on the Knicks forum that they were blasting music during their own player's (Portis) free throws to drown out "sell the team" chants by Knicks fans.

I think Frank Isola who has a history of trolling people is leading people down a CP3 wild goose chase. I do not think NY wants CP3 nor does CP3 want the knicks.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:47 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:I understand. That could be true but I'm very proud of this team. I try to enjoy today. I think trading West and PG for years of draft pick is considered a step towards rebuilding by many fans.

I think Frank Isola who has a history of trolling people is leading people down a CP3 wild goose chase. I do not think NY wants CP3 nor does CP3 want the knicks.

Possibly but the Knicks also have a longer have history of making horrible decisions and their new POBO is Paul's former agent. It's not the wildest idea.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,110

Post#12 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:48 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

I want us to find a trade for CP3 but the Knicks players are so bad that I'm not sure we would be able to get a decent package in return
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Post#13 » by Thunder Up » Sat Mar 7, 2020 3:11 pm

Not too interested in watching a team that only beats bad teams (for the most part) en route to possibly losing their draft pick and then making the second round at best

As the playoffs approach I’ll get more dialed in, especially if they can stay out of the top 10 records (Go 76ers, Go Pacers, Go Mavs)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#14 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:10 pm

Thunder Up wrote:

Not too interested in watching a team that only beats bad teams (for the most part) en route to possibly losing their draft pick and then making the second round at best

As the playoffs approach I’ll get more dialed in, especially if they can stay out of the top 10 records (Go 76ers, Go Pacers, Go Mavs)

Would be nice to get the 6th seed and play a worse team than the Clippers in the first round but now it's too risky considering the fact that the Pacers and 7ers are losing a lot of games. Time to rest CP3 and Gallo a bit...
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#15 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:51 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I agree that's obviously where they are heading. However, I don't care for limbo seasons like this one. Ultimately it could be for the best if the Knicks are willing to give positive value for CP3 and other things happen. It coul definitely be worse. I read on the Knicks forum that they were blasting music during their own player's (Portis) free throws to drown out "sell the team" chants by Knicks fans.

Possibly but the Knicks also have a longer have history of making horrible decisions and their new POBO is Paul's former agent. It's not the wildest idea.

I won't say it is impossible but I'd be willing to bet against it. If CP3 thought it was true he probably would not have trolled the owner and the organization last night with his sneakers. He definitely did not help Leon Rose who is already off to a shaky start.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#16 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:56 pm

Thunder Up wrote:

I understand wanting the draft pick. For me I want to enjoy the ride. My 3 funnest seasons in sports where when 2 of my Ranger teams and a Giants team lost in the finals despite my Yankees, Rangers, and Giants winning rings in other seasons. Winning is great but if I can only enjoy championship winning seasons I will miss the ride. In fact I almost got bored with the Yanks winning every season. Sometimes it takes some bad to appreciate the good. :)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#17 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:08 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Thunder Up wrote:

I understand wanting the draft pick. For me I want to enjoy the ride. My 3 funnest seasons in sports where when 2 of my Ranger teams and a Giants team lost in the finals despite my Yankees, Rangers, and Giants winning rings in other seasons. Winning is great but if I can only enjoy championship winning seasons I will miss the ride. In fact I almost got bored with the Yanks winning every season. Sometimes it takes some bad to appreciate the good. :)

The ride will probably be a first round exit though. If we end up going to the 2nd round it would be HUGE for this team. I understand what u mean but our team isn't good enough for us to lose our first round pick. We have a better chance of drafting a future all star than going to the FInals this year (both really unlikely obviously)
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#18 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:33 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
Thunder Up wrote:Not too interested in watching a team that only beats bad teams (for the most part) en route to possibly losing their draft pick and then making the second round at best

The ride will probably be a first round exit though. If we end up going to the 2nd round it would be HUGE for this team. I understand what u mean but our team isn't good enough for us to lose our first round pick. We have a better chance of drafting a future all star than going to the FInals this year (both really unlikely obviously)

Well there is a legit chance that you will get your draft pick and I will also get my playoffs so we can both be happy. :)

Root for Philly, Indiana, and Dallas.
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Post#19 » by Thunder Up » Sat Mar 7, 2020 10:08 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Well there is a legit chance that you will get your draft pick and I will also get my playoffs so we can both be happy. :)

Root for Philly, Indiana, and Dallas.

Like I said, I want them to make the playoffs, but not at the expense of their own pick... I am great with finishing 11th or 12th overall and running through the playoffs as much as possible
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,501

Post#20 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun Mar 8, 2020 5:15 am

That pick is pretty much gone. With Embiid and Simmons being out they will stay ahead of Philly. Indiana won't catch them. They might pass Houston. OKC has an easy schedule the rest of the way. I find it unlikely that they have their own first. They will have Denver's pick.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder