ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?!

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Lakers would be better with Kuzma as second option.?! 

Post#21 » by NippySudz » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:47 pm

stan francisco wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/lakers/news/190822-kuzma-continues-to-impress-with-team-usa
You read too much into that Kuz's time at team USA. World basketball is not the best to ever compete. That's the NBA. Harrison Barnes was on that roster for god sake. The roster was pretty thin and gives no indication how he would do compared to the NBA or how much of it is transferrable to the NBA.

I think his ceiling is off the bench scorer, Jordan Clarkson type. Possibly would be to leave the Lakers to grow his game. Would be good with the pelicans or a fast paced team

Right now, kuz is comparable to Dillion Brooks. Same per 36 more or less this year. I wouldn't consider brooks a third star right now (or that to he his ceiling) even though brooks is fearless and comes to compete.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#22 » by NippySudz » Sat Mar 7, 2020 12:57 pm

lazybatman wrote:I'll personally take KCP over Kuz as 6th man right now.. dude just became David Beckham without winning the treble.

yeah, KCP is more consistent and so is waiters so I wouldn't be surprised if kuz's mins are reduced. He went 3-11 against the bucks and they won the game mainly because of LeBron. To win a series, they're going to need some consistency from the"others"or a big game for the "others"

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#23 » by stan francisco » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:54 pm

Kuzma is our third most impactful player on offense. Run stuff for him!
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,977

Post#24 » by zimpy27 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:15 pm

In hindsight Kuzma and picks should have been traded for Beasley and Juancho.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#25 » by NippySudz » Sat Mar 7, 2020 8:42 pm

Edit
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by NippySudz » Sat Mar 7, 2020 8:46 pm

stan francisco wrote:Kuzma is our third most impactful player on offense. Run stuff for him!

I disagree. Kuzma is the third most talented offensive player on the Lakers. He's not the third most impactful player. He's not consistent enough to be impactful.

Vogel is partly responsible but no sense in blaming him at this point. It's too late. He should have tried to develop him earlier but it's too late now. You can't call plays for a guy who cannot consistently make plays. Not just scoring, kuzma can't make the correct reads consistently. He's shown improvement as shown by career high in assist games but he's still not there.

This is the kuzma you're gonna get in the playoffs. Or not. Depending if he gets to play in the playoffs. You're gonna get a mixed bag. Some good games, some bad games and some no games.

I've been telling you this all year, glad we've been able to put the "wait til all star break" talk behind us.

stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by stan francisco » Sun Mar 8, 2020 6:01 pm

NippySudz wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Kuzma is our third most impactful player on offense. Run stuff for him!

I disagree. Kuzma is the third most talented offensive player on the Lakers. He's not the third most impactful player. He's not consistent enough to be impactful.

Vogel is partly responsible but no sense in blaming him at this point. It's too late. He should have tried to develop him earlier but it's too late now. You can't call plays for a guy who cannot consistently make plays. Not just scoring, kuzma can't make the correct reads consistently. He's shown improvement as shown by career high in assist games but he's still not there.

This is the kuzma you're gonna get in the playoffs. Or not. Depending if he gets to play in the playoffs. You're gonna get a mixed bag. Some good games, some bad games and some no games.

I've been telling you this all year, glad we've been able to put the "wait til all star break" talk behind us.

If you’re ‘telling people’ stuff, do your homework first, or you might come off as a fool when you get too aggressive with it.

If I post, NippySudz replies an opposing argument. Every #%^*+^ post. Should I be flattered or get stalker heebies... ? What’s your issue?

What team do you root for? Subconscious or not, I’m getting the feeling you’re trolling. This is not the LBJ board.

Ignore button is calling.

The play Kuz has shown since the injury is not indicative of what he can do. I repeat. The play he’s shown since the injury is not indicative of what he can do. I’m done repeating that now. It’s only been since October.

Don’t believe me? Watch last season of Lakers games.

Yes, I’m still expecting him to blow up any day now. Not based on some weird poor judgment or homer glasses. I base it on what I saw last year.

Because. He’s. Proven. What. He’s. Got. Already.

I saw the Kuzma that you say doesn’t exist. Last year. So, you can stop telling me I didn’t. That is, unless you believe in a different result on repost.

You still haven’t seen his upside. Until then, have fun reading stats that will back up your claims based on things you’ve not seen. Cheers.

Again, I might be a year early on when he’s gonna break out but Kuz can play. I’ve seen his potential.

Just waiting for it to click on offense.

Today would be a good time. Let’s see if LeBron hides from Kawhi today. If so, Kuz will be busy on defense, shouldering the man-job.

I don’t blame you. You’re not a Lakers fan. There’s an LA term for blind star followers but I’ll play nice.

Kuzma needs touches, needs to cut and be on the run; be included. Because it would make us a better team if AD, LBJ and Kuz scored 20-20-20 rather than 25-25-10.

This is not the LeBron-never-makes-mistakes-but-all-others-do board.

Go Lakers.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 7:18 pm

stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

If you’re ‘telling people’ stuff, do your homework first, or you might come off as a fool when you get too aggressive with it.

If I post, NippySudz replies an opposing argument. Every #%^*+^ post. Should I be flattered or get stalker heebies... ? What’s your issue?

What team do you root for? Subconscious or not, I’m getting the feeling you’re trolling. This is not the LBJ board.

The play Kuz has shown since the injury is not indicative of what he can do. I repeat. The play he’s shown since the injury is not indicative of what he can do. I’m done repeating that now. It’s only been since October.

Yes, I’m still expecting him to blow up any day now. Not based on some weird poor judgment or homer glasses. I base it on what I saw last year.

I saw the Kuzma that you say doesn’t exist. Last year. So, you can stop telling me I didn’t. That is, unless you believe in a different result on repost.

You still haven’t seen his upside. Until then, have fun reading stats that will back up your claims based on things you’ve not seen. Cheers.

Again, I might be a year early on when he’s gonna break out but Kuz can play. I’ve seen his potential.

Today would be a good time. Let’s see if LeBron hides from Kawhi today. If so, Kuz will be busy on defense, shouldering the man-job.

I don’t blame you. You’re not a Lakers fan. There’s an LA term for blind star followers but I’ll play nice.

Kuzma needs touches, needs to cut and be on the run; be included. Because it would make us a better team if AD, LBJ and Kuz scored 20-20-20 rather than 25-25-10.

Go Lakers.

Feel free to press the ignore button friend. I'm not stopping you.

You keep reasserting and assuming that I haven't watched games. Lol. But don't worry I won't "abuse" you anymore with my kuzma criticisms . Feel free to press ignore in the mean time.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#29 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 7:33 pm

stan francisco wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Go Lakers.

Seriously though, if you want a serious answer, I'm not trolling. I'm not a laker fan(more so a kobe fan that have watched the lakers), but I do enjoy the many players on the roster, including the one sir called lebron James, who I don't with hold criticism for. It's just reading the overselling of kuzma, I'm sorry, but it grinds my gears for some reason. Calling him proven and comparing his ceiling to players with accolades, allstars or hall of famers just comes off blasphemous to me. Is he a nice player? I think he is. I think he can score. I just don't think he's put it together all too well once opposing teams started scouting him.

I wish fans would stop trying to over hype him and to a certain degree himself. I don't know if you were joking about THT playing before signing someone like dion waiters or JR. I think you were, but if you were not, How can I take that seriously? excelling in the g-league is not even close to excelling for the playoffs and championship rounds. I'm going to say you were partially joking at least.

I apologize and I'll stop bothering you about kuzma. I'll do a better job of controlling it
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by stan francisco » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:09 am

Just make sure to come back when he does kick it in gear on offense. If you haven’t seen his good games, you would naturally argue what you argue.

I don’t mind informed disagreements. Ignore.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#31 » by Kilroy » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:35 am

This playoff run can either make or break Kuzma's nba future... And I've got my eye on how he reacts. The last 2 games have been impressive in various ways... If his 3pt shot starts falling, he's going to be huge for us... But he has to start hitting those wide open 3s.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#32 » by Landsberger » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:44 am

His play the rest of this year will be consequential but what he does next year in his contract year (most likely with another team) will be the key to his next contract. It doesn't seem like the NBA has much of a memory when it comes to signing guys who can put the ball in the hoop. I don't see us re-signing him regardless of what he does.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,489

Post#33 » by JVL » Mon Mar 9, 2020 10:26 am

How do you even come up with this? Kuz can't match the output of either Bron or AD, so no.

Maybe he can first show us he can play like a damn starter. At the moment he's a below average player, negative on both ends of the floor and an abhorrent shooter. At least he finishes pretty well when he can cut to the rim.

If he doesn't show up in the playoffs he should get traded for someone who actually does provide something of value to the team.

Kuz hasn't proven ****.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect
And1: 297

Post#34 » by Dmagic » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:27 am

It appears that i was indeed way off base on a few things. But I was right about the time being right for kuzma to be incorporated. Except he has taken it upon himself to incorporate. Himself. By rebounding and defense and scoring from self created opportunity. He has in fact pulled his head out of his ass. That's exactly where he fits in with this team. now we know the answer to my question. No. But. The kids a baller. Let's Go!!!!

And AD is pissed at us like a mother ***** hahaaa na but it seems hes good now ready to dominate, alongside the King!!!
Ooowee we got a crew, the playoffs are finna be LIT!!! Intense af.
Dmagic
Pro Prospect

Post#35 » by Dmagic » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:57 am

NippySudz wrote:

That's why they need to figure out how and where to run things for him and work on things in practice I believe or at least did believe that. now I still believe that, but believe kuzma is doing it . Although only getting started, without the help from the team or coaching staff perhaps a good word in his ear somewhere, or maybe he is positive enough that the universe is helping him. I do not know
Dmagic
Pro Prospect

Post#36 » by Dmagic » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:58 am

JVL wrote:How do you even come up with this? Kuz can't match the output of either Bron or AD, so no.

Maybe he can first show us he can play like a damn starter. At the moment he's a below average player, negative on both ends of the floor and an abhorrent shooter. At least he finishes pretty well when he can cut to the rim.

If he doesn't show up in the playoffs he should get traded for someone who actually does provide something of value to the team.

Kuz hasn't proven ****.

Quite simple. I believe kuzma is capable of getting hotter than ad can get if it was focused upon.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#37 » by Kilroy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:04 am

Landsberger wrote:His play the rest of this year will be consequential but what he does next year in his contract year (most likely with another team) will be the key to his next contract. It doesn't seem like the NBA has much of a memory when it comes to signing guys who can put the ball in the hoop. I don't see us re-signing him regardless of what he does.

I'm nodding to how Tatum's entire Narrative was formed from one solid playoff appearance. He could do no wrong for a solid unimpressive season, and just now is starting to get where everyone thought he was going to be...
Coming up big in the playoffs has a lingering effect on our earning potential. The Ariza-effect, if you will...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#38 » by iamworthy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:55 pm

Dmagic wrote:
JVL wrote:How do you even come up with this? Kuz can't match the output of either Bron or AD, so no.

Kuz hasn't proven ****.

Quite simple. I believe kuzma is capable of getting hotter than ad can get if it was focused upon.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:40 pm

Kilroy wrote:This playoff run can either make or break Kuzma's nba future... And I've got my eye on how he reacts. The last 2 games have been impressive in various ways... If his 3pt shot starts falling, he's going to be huge for us... But he has to start hitting those wide open 3s.

I think that's far fetched to be honest. Make or break his career at 24...Nah. He'll still be an nba player and rotational player. Probably just won't get paid as much as He'd like to get paid if he doesn't perform. I said it he's gonna give the lakers good games, bad games and just indifferent. He's gonna be inconsistent and not the third guy the lakers need. But if he's doing all the other stuff and picking up his defense, that's all you can ask of the guy. Do the little things to win and he did that the last two games.

I personally think since the lakers don't play fast, it doesn't highlight his skillset.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:46 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Dmagic wrote:

Kuz hasn't proven ****.

This is why I react the way I react when I read what people say about Kyle Kuzma. They base it off a two down years when the lakers miss the playoffs and when Kuzma had the freedom to score and concluded since he put up big numbers, he was an efficient scorer. (he wasn't)

I don't get it. I was a fan of his last yr, but as the hype snowballed out of control and I realize he's not going to be as good as I thought he was going to be, I got off the train. He's ok. He's not what people are making him sound out to be. Instead, people should take hhim for what he is. A late first round draft pick who has shown potential.

The way people talk about kuzma, you would have thought he was dwyane or kyrie when it comes to be a second option, or love or bosh when it comes to a third option.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers