LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Re: LeBron has the excuses ready for Sunday. 

Post#181 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:57 am

Roco14 wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
Roco14 wrote:
1. learn how to spell. "he want gona stay"? "Kawahi"? illiterate.

2. You're clueless about the game of basketball. And probably everything else.

If the spurs wanted the worst for kawhi, they wouldn't have traded him to the eventual champs.

he WASNT going to stay no matter what, nobody outside of tor cares bout the raptors, the clipps have a better record than the raptors. every few weeks theres a post by raptor fans asking if kawahi is regretting leaving tor...fyi only fake star like Derozen regrets leaving tor, vc didnt, bosh didnt

The raptors have a better record than the clippers.

And 'Derozen' doesn't regret leaving the raptors because he never left, he was traded. I'm going to stop responding to you, well... because you seem to be a troll.

u and rest of rest of tor seem like the ex gf always stalking their ex hoping he regrets leaving and coming back to you every time something bad happens to him
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,538

Post#182 » by lonzo_pelota » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:24 am

somebody should do a welfare check, 7games back in the west, defeated on their home floor in a game everyone watched, sports radio and sports tv shows is gonna tear them a new one all day tomorrow , tried to use reverse psychology with threads like this as a fail-safe. their hurting right now.
Arman_tanzarian
Veteran
And1: 2,712

Post#183 » by Arman_tanzarian » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:39 am

Peak nephew threads are always the best
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#184 » by JordansBulls » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:40 am

Kawhi isn't concerned, they know by now they weren't catching the Lakers in the standings. Besides last year Bucks won 3 of 4 vs Raptors in the season and then Raptors took the series in the playoffs.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#185 » by Pennebaker » Mon Mar 9, 2020 4:54 am

JordansBulls wrote:Kawhi isn't concerned, they know by now they weren't catching the Lakers in the standings. Besides last year Bucks won 3 of 4 vs Raptors in the season and then Raptors took the series in the playoffs.

Except it's the first time they lost when at full strength.

And LeBron isn't Giannis.

Kawhi knows what's up. This year is going to be a much tougher challenge.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#186 » by iamworthy » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:24 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Hopefully SAS can stop producing fake narratives about Lebron ducking Kwahi.

I thought that was Max Kellerman

3:00 minute mark. Max kellerman says kwahi it's better than LeBron, but SAS started this narrative that LeBron is scared of kwahi. Everyone SAS talks about the Lakers he brings this up.

Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,948

Post#187 » by Liam_Gallagher » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:29 pm

JordansBulls wrote:Kawhi isn't concerned, they know by now they weren't catching the Lakers in the standings. Besides last year Bucks won 3 of 4 vs Raptors in the season and then Raptors took the series in the playoffs.

Giannis ain't LeBron.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,685

Post#188 » by Homer38 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 2:42 pm

The excuses for the Clippers…

Read on Twitter

Even with Bradley,the Lakers were under 30% in 3 points(under 20% vs Bucks)...The others team better hope it will continue because if the under 30% become 35% or higher,it will be over!

The lakers had many open look in his 3 points...Each game are different and the lakers can win in so many way...Many forget they have a great defensive team!
homecourtloss
RealGM
And1: 17,568

Post#189 » by homecourtloss » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:02 pm

Homer38 wrote:The excuses for the Clippers…

Read on Twitter

Even with Bradley,the Lakers were under 30% in 3 points(under 20% vs Bucks)...The others team better hope it will continue because if the under 30% become 35% or higher,it will be over!

The lakers had many open look in his 3 points...Each game are different and the lakers can win in so many way...Many forget they have a great defensive team!

While it’s true that was likely Bradley’s best game and will be the entire year, he’s been hitting 46% of his open/wide-open looks which are basically the only threes he takes.

But if Skip or whoever wants to talk about aberrations, he should look at how many open/wide-open looks the Lakers are generating vs. the Clippers. If anything, Clippers are lucky they won the Christmas Day game.

On Christmas Day:

Open threes: Lakers, 6-17; Clippers, 5-15
Wide open threes: Lakers, 6-22; Clippers, 3-9

Lakers generated almost as many wide open threes as the Clippers generated open and wide open threes on Christmas Day.

Yesterday’s game:

Open threes: Lakers, 3-12; Clippers, 4-17
Wide open threes: Lakers, 7-19; Clippers, 2-7

Totals:
Lakers: 9-29 on open threes, 13-41 on wide open threes
Clippers: 9-32 on open threes, 5-16 on wide open threes
lessthanjake wrote:Kyrie was extremely impactful without LeBron, and basically had zero impact whatsoever if LeBron was on the court.

lessthanjake wrote: By playing in a way that prevents Kyrie from getting much impact, LeBron ensures that controlling for Kyrie has limited effect…
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#190 » by Gooner » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:15 pm

He will have excuses come playoff time. It's obvious to me that he is chasing the MVP, unlike tactician Kawhi, who has his eyes on the biggest prize.
Vibranium
Rookie
And1: 1,938

Post#191 » by Vibranium » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:17 pm

Gooner wrote:He will have excuses come playoff time. It's obvious to me that he is chasing the MVP, unlike tactician Kawhi, who has his eyes on the biggest prize.

You've had a weird obsession with Lebron lately. Calm down the hate.
Read on Twitter
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#192 » by iamworthy » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:19 pm

Gooner wrote:He will have excuses come playoff time. It's obvious to me that he is chasing the MVP, unlike tactician Kawhi, who has his eyes on the biggest prize.

LeBron haters are running out of things to say.
Homer38
RealGM

Post#193 » by Homer38 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:19 pm

VYoungJrIII wrote:

This is not just lately...When the Lakers lose a game against the pacers in december,he was a troll in the LeBron thread!

And he is another one who had predict that the lakers was to miss the playoffs :lol:
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#194 » by Gooner » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:19 pm

VYoungJrIII wrote:

I'm just telling the truth, I don't hate that man at all.
Homer38
RealGM

Post#195 » by Homer38 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:20 pm

Gooner wrote:
VYoungJrIII wrote:

I'm just telling the truth, I don't hate that man at all.

LIAR
Joao Saraiva
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#196 » by Joao Saraiva » Mon Mar 9, 2020 3:21 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28854970/lebron-james-helps-lakers-clinch-first-playoff-berth-2012-13

On Sunday, the Lakers will try to beat another title contender for the first time this season when they square off against their Staples Center hallway rivals -- the Clippers (43-19). The Clippers are surging, having won six straight games and are at full strength with a healthy roster. They beat the Lakers in the season opener without Paul George and again in their highly anticipated Christmas night showdown.

The third meeting between the two Los Angeles teams was postponed after Kobe Bryant's death, setting up Sunday's encounter as their third matchup this season.

"We know how well they've been playing as of late," James said. "They're at full strength. We're at full strength. And we look forward to the challenge to see how we can match up with them again. So, you know, the first game, we kind of threw that game out the window. It's the first game of the season. Who were we? Who were they? They had way more returning guys than we did [at that point]. We were still trying to figure out ourselves.

"And then the Christmas Day game, we didn't play to our capabilities. We played great in the first half and then the second half we let it kind of get away from us. So we just look forward to see if we can continue to play good basketball, no matter win, lose or draw."

LeBron as usual can't just own something straight up. Basically first loss is forgotten because it was a new team (Nevermind no PG, yes I realized they had no Kuzma or Rondo). Kuzma and Rondo are basically negative players this year, so having them out was a blessing probably.

Second loss is a classic "we beat ourselves" type deal. Admits they played well, then choked. Clippers held them to 3 points in the last 5 minutes. Maybe he can talk about how AD has 2 ppg in 4th quarters vs the Clippers? Then he hedges with basically saying win, loss or draw doesn't matter, just the effort does.

I can see Sunday going either way, but it's pathetic to me that time and time again the supposed 2nd best all time player has an excuse for each loss. Imagine Jordan or Kobe talking like this?

Don't worry. You can make another thread like this in the playoffs to jynx your own team again :)

EDIT: might want to post fast. Gooner seems to want to do the work for you.
“These guys have been criticized the last few years for not getting to where we’re going, but I’ve always said that the most important thing in sports is to keep trying. Let this be an example of what it means to say it’s never over.” - Jerry Sloan
MoMan24
Analyst
And1: 3,615

Post#197 » by MoMan24 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 6:31 pm

So has ClipsFanSince98 abandoned this thread?
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,143

Post#198 » by donnieme » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:02 pm

Homer38 wrote:
VYoungJrIII wrote:

This is not just lately...When the Lakers lose a game against the pacers in december,he was a troll in the LeBron thread!

And he is another one who had predict that the lakers was to miss the playoffs :lol:

True Laker fan. Will have a big decision to make next year whether to rep the Clippers or Warriors
gumbyr24
Senior
And1: 443

Post#199 » by gumbyr24 » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:14 pm

If you read through alot of the threads like I do..
The same people are ALWAYS wrong.
Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,694

Post#200 » by Benedict_Boozer » Mon Mar 9, 2020 7:18 pm

gumbyr24 wrote:If you read through alot of the threads like I do..
The same people are ALWAYS wrong.

Hate of Lebron clouds peoples judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to The General Board