Game 65: Oklahoma City Thunder (40-24) vs. Utah Jazz (41-23) - 2:30PM CST Aug 1

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Game 65: Oklahoma City Thunder (40-24) vs. Utah Jazz (41-23) - 2:30PM CST Aug 1 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Re: Game 65: Oklahoma City Thunder (40-24) vs. Utah Jazz (41-23) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#2 » by getrichordie » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:15 am

Are they about to cancel the game???
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,059

Post#3 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:19 am

Could be Coronavirus or just panic effect.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,497

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:41 am

Everyone is already there. Everyone has already been exposed. Play the damn game then let the fans spread it through the city so we can get over it before April gets here.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#5 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:38 am

Season is over. We made the playoffs and didn't lose a single game. Feels good.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#6 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:57 pm

I totally understand wanting to be safe but I fear people are way overreacting. This is not Ebola. I hope all this fear is gone in 1-2 months. Call me crazy but looking at the stats I'm not scared. I do not want to catch it but if you are 50 or younger even if you catch it has less than a 1% chance of being fatal.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,186

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:35 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:I totally understand wanting to be safe but I fear people are way overreacting. This is not Ebola. I hope all this fear is gone in 1-2 months. Call me crazy but looking at the stats I'm not scared. I do not want to catch it but if you are 50 or younger even if you catch it has less than a 1% chance of being fatal.

I’m more concerned about economic impact and of course elderly ones. Oh well I guess it’s time to binge watch some other stuff.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#8 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:46 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:I totally understand wanting to be safe but I fear people are way overreacting. This is not Ebola. I hope all this fear is gone in 1-2 months. Call me crazy but looking at the stats I'm not scared. I do not want to catch it but if you are 50 or younger even if you catch it has less than a 1% chance of being fatal.

I’m more concerned about economic impact and of course elderly ones. Oh well I guess it’s time to binge watch some other stuff.

Those are valid concerns but its nuts how much fear mongering and panic is going on. It is normal to be cautious but should keep to facts not hype. We have more people die every single day in cars than this virus has killed in total. This is not ebola or anything near it. Its closer to other upper repository illnesses. My hope is the warm weather coming will help decrease the spread a lot.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#9 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Clearly not as dangerous as Ebola but it's contagious as ****

I was on the ''people are overreacting'' bandwagon until a couple of days, but it's tough to deny how dangerous it can be when u read deeply about what's happening worldwide and new informations are coming, it doesn't look so good.
On a personal note I have respiratory issues and my parents are old so...a bit concerned.

Obviously the NBA players and other athletes will react pretty well to the virus but it shows how contagious it is.

Some people are clearly overreacting but I guess suspending sport events for a couple of weeks before making a final decision is the safest choice.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#10 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:59 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

I was on the ''people are overreacting'' bandwagon until a couple of days, but it's tough to deny how dangerous it can be when u read deeply about what's happening worldwide and new informations are coming, it doesn't look so good.
On a personal note I have respiratory issues and my parents are old so...a bit concerned.

Obviously the NBA players and other athletes will react pretty well to the virus but it shows how contagious it is.

Some people are clearly overreacting but I guess suspending sport events for a couple of weeks before making a final decision is the safest choice.

Nothing wrong with being safe but people are letting fear drive them while ignoring facts. You said it is very contagious. You are right but that goes to my point. Usually the most contagious viruses are the least deadly while the harder to get viruses are the most deadly. I'm not saying people can not catch this anymore than I would say that about a cold, the flu or Pneumonia. What I'm hoping for is that in a month people will realize that for people aged 50 and under less than 1% that catch this will die.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,286

Post#11 » by Jstock12 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:20 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

What I'm hoping for is that in a month people will realize that for people aged 50 and under less than 1% that catch this will die.

I don't think it's under 1%. But that aside, I think most people are more concerned about infecting their parents/grandparents and/or other loved ones with pre-existing conditions. You could be killing off your family members without realizing it.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#12 » by Galloisdaman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

What I'm hoping for is that in a month people will realize that for people aged 50 and under less than 1% that catch this will die.

I don't think it's under 1%. But that aside, I think most people are more concerned about infecting their parents/grandparents and/or other loved ones with pre-existing conditions. You could be killing off your family members without realizing it.

Right now they say about 1% for 50 and under but once all cases are really documented that will fall fast.

I agree with you about other people. That is a horrible situation I'm faced with right now with my dad who is in a bad situation with cancer.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Game 65: Oklahoma City Thunder (40-24) vs. Utah Jazz (41-23) - 2:30PM CST Aug 1 

Post#13 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:02 pm

Guess we don't really need a new game thread. Utah looked like they really missed Bogdonavic last night.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Re: Game 65: Oklahoma City Thunder (40-24) vs. Utah Jazz (41-23) - 2:30PM CST Aug 1 

Post#14 » by getrichordie » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:25 pm

Yeah, Bogdan is a big part of their offense. Watch out for Mitchell to pick up the slack, though. Mitchell is looking really good right now.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#15 » by NaturalThunder » Sat Aug 1, 2020 4:17 am

Well, thanks to the Mavs blowing a 7-point lead with 45 seconds remaining, we are officially in 6th place with tomorrow's game pending. HOpefully we can win tomorrow to retake 5th place and move closer to 4th. Although 5th vs 4th doesn't mean jack squat with no real HCA. I'd just much rather place the Jazz or Rockets in the 1st round instead of the Nuggets.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:01 pm

Shai step back threes are my favorite. His defense still needs some work.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:49 pm

Game is far from over but that was about as strong of a first half as you could ask for.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#18 » by Galloisdaman » Sat Aug 1, 2020 9:30 pm

Team has really looked good. I was afraid it would take them more time.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Aug 1, 2020 10:10 pm

Small sample size but bazley looks much more comfortable and confident with his shot so far in Orlando. Overall, solid performance. Hopefully all of Ferguson’s minutes and some of Diallo’s go to Dre moving forward.
NaturalThunder
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#20 » by NaturalThunder » Sun Aug 2, 2020 2:44 am

That was just an all-around methodical beatdown. I think our biggest lead was 27 (could be wrong) and the closest they got after that was 19. Anytime it looked like Utah might go on a run to get it under 15 and possibly make it interesting, we answered.

Bazely has been impressive in the bubble. I don't know if it's bubble related, or it's who he's becoming, but still. Same thing with Diallo. Both were former 5-star recruits who got took unusual paths to NBA. But, like most 5-star recruits, they had NBA impact-player projections. Neither will be a star, but I'm seeing more and more flashes of both having potential to be very impactful role players.
Said in a thread about which point guards would make OKC better if they replaced Westbrook:
Coxy wrote:I think with a PG like George Hill, they'd be better than current.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder