Post#1 » by JDR720 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:45 am

Read on Twitter

Well, how many Hornets have the virus?
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Re: Season Suspended 

Post#2 » by amcoolio » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:05 am

We are all getting it at this point, just make sure you have plenty of food, extra money saved up, and some sort of fever reducer because a lot of businesses are going to be closed soon
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#3 » by 316Hornets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:11 am

Rozier was out today due to illness...
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Bassman
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,515

Post#4 » by Bassman » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:39 am

Still think this is an over the top move, despite a player testing positive. However, these guys smack and slob against each other and the ball relentlessly during games, so probably a good precaution with players getting sick.

NCAA tourney and others with no fans. How weird. Will sound like a pick up game at the Y.
I continue to wait...and hope...for the return to Hornet's glory.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#5 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:54 am

I think play will resume right before playoffs begin.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#6 » by 316Hornets » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:09 am

Bassman wrote:Still think this is an over the top move, despite a player testing positive. However, these guys smack and slob against each other and the ball relentlessly during games, so probably a good precaution with players getting sick.

NCAA tourney and others with no fans. How weird. Will sound like a pick up game at the Y.

Lawsuits. If a player gets infected and dies due to negligence by the NBA, they would face gigantic lawsuits.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#7 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

On top of all the physical play, it's all the connections. We live in a super interconnected world.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#8 » by Lwcasu » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:41 am

I live in China so I’ll add my two cents. This should have been done weeks ago. The initial videos coming out of Wuhan were very disturbing. I’m not going to describe what I saw but there’s a reason China took this so seriously. It’s not the flu. It’s also probably not as bad as what the fear mongers are saying either.

That being said, expect people to be paralysed with fear for a while. Things are going to close down. It took a month to just start getting back to normal here.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#9 » by -Ian- » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:38 am

I hope Devonte' uses this hiatus to work on his midrange game. Same goes for the twins on their shot.
-Ian-
Analyst

Post#10 » by -Ian- » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:40 am

Lwcasu wrote:I live in China so I’ll add my two cents. This should have been done weeks ago. The initial videos coming out of Wuhan were very disturbing. I’m not going to describe what I saw but there’s a reason China took this so seriously. It’s not the flu. It’s also probably not as bad as what the fear mongers are saying either.

That being said, expect people to be paralysed with fear for a while. Things are going to close down. It took a month to just start getting back to normal here.

If China took this so seriously, then why did the CCP prevent the doctors who first discovered the Corona virus from speaking up?
euphorbus
Analyst
And1: 1,480

Post#11 » by euphorbus » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:46 am

-Ian- wrote:If China took this so seriously, then why did the CCP prevent the doctors who first discovered the Corona virus from speaking up?

Communist governments are allergic to the truth. So are authoritarian regimes. They practice not just suppression of facts and those who speak them, but active disinformation and propaganda. Those of us who remember Pravda, which translates to "Truth" in Russian, can vouch for this.

We sometimes forget how lucky we are in this country, the United States, with our guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom to vote.
-Ian-
Analyst

Post#12 » by -Ian- » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:55 pm

euphorbus wrote:
-Ian- wrote:If China took this so seriously, then why did the CCP prevent the doctors who first discovered the Corona virus from speaking up?

Communist governments are allergic to the truth. So are authoritarian regimes. They practice not just suppression of facts and those who speak them, but active disinformation and propaganda. Those of us who remember Pravda, which translates to "Truth" in Russian, can vouch for this.

We sometimes forget how lucky we are in this country, the United States, with our guaranteed freedom of speech and freedom to vote.

I know. Which is why I don't subscribe to euphorbus' claim that China took this tragedy seriously. They were more concerned with saving face than facing accountability. I seriously hope this pandemic has repercussions on Xi Jinping/CCP.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#13 » by UNCNYC » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Sad thing is if my TAR HEELS would have won yesterday we wouldn't have had to win 5 games in 5 days because after play would have resumed we would have just had to play 3 games to win the acc tourney.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
Vanderbilt_Grad
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,771

Post#14 » by Vanderbilt_Grad » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:47 pm

I don't really see a point in arguing -Ian- but, my personal view is that China's very early response to the virus enabled it to spread, but that their later response helped prevent spread and saved lives. That statement does not imply any moral judgement or thoughts about how seriously they viewed things.

On a side note, I hate RealGM's ads. Every time I try to type something some ad grabs the active position and steals my mouse from the reply box and I have to click here again. Annoying AF. Happened roughly 7 times typing this.
My picks:
2020 Draft (3rd pick) - Tyrese Haliburton, Devin Vassell, or Onyeka Okongwu
2021 Draft (11th pick) - Moses Moody
stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Post#15 » by stinger14 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:51 pm

UNCNYC wrote:Sad thing is if my TAR HEELS would have won yesterday we wouldn't have had to win 5 games in 5 days because after play would have resumed we would have just had to play 3 games to win the acc tourney.

That would be a BIG if anyway, they lost by nearly 30 points
Eoghan
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#16 » by Eoghan » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:06 am

This stuff is crazy. I hope all my Hornets amigos stay well.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Post#17 » by UNCNYC » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:46 am

stinger14 wrote:
UNCNYC wrote:Sad thing is if my TAR HEELS would have won yesterday we wouldn't have had to win 5 games in 5 days because after play would have resumed we would have just had to play 3 games to win the acc tourney.

That would be a BIG if anyway, they lost by nearly 30 points

I know. The TAR HEELS got so lucky this year that the tourney was cancelled on a year we didn't make the tournament lol. I am sad for the players tho. In a weird way we made it further than dook because we got to play in the acc tourney. You can say we finished runner up to the acc tourney champs syracuse lol.
UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,634

Post#18 » by yosemiteben » Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:30 am

Read on Twitter

Feel for Keith, great guy and that really sucks.
-Ian-
Analyst

Post#19 » by -Ian- » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:36 am

I had no idea he wasn't full time in the NBA beat? My goodness...
TheKingofSting
RealGM
And1: 2,163

Post#20 » by TheKingofSting » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:58 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
President of the Quinn Cook Fan Club

Bradley Beal has D Wade potential

Return to Charlotte Hornets