ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,449

2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#1 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Mar 6, 2020 7:43 pm

Continued from:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1899669&start=2020
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
HangTime
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,590

Re: 2019-20 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#2 » by HangTime » Sat Mar 7, 2020 2:21 am

I'd give Jordan Bell a shot with our system.
isyed
Starter
And1: 313

Post#3 » by isyed » Sat Mar 7, 2020 5:00 am

While I would love for norm and td to develop within our system and become our future they both seem to have limitations. I wonder if norm along with td and some picks and salary fillers can get us beal. Beal in our system with fvv, Ibaka, lowry, siakam and og would be amazing.

Still love norm and td and hope they become even better and provide a true backcourt with the ability to deliver.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using RealGM mobile app
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#4 » by Psubs » Sat Mar 7, 2020 4:35 pm

isyed wrote:While I would love for norm and td to develop within our system and become our future they both seem to have limitations. I wonder if norm along with td and some picks and salary fillers can get us beal. Beal in our system with fvv, Ibaka, lowry, siakam and og would be amazing.

Still love norm and td and hope they become even better and provide a true backcourt with the ability to deliver.

I would rather give up an extra 1st pick and keep Davis.

Powell, McCaw (expiring), Stanley (expiring), 2020 and 2022 1st picks
bootsythornton
Sixth Man
And1: 1,727

Post#5 » by bootsythornton » Sat Mar 7, 2020 7:46 pm

Psubs wrote:
isyed wrote:While I would love for norm and td to develop within our system and become our future they both seem to have limitations. I wonder if norm along with td and some picks and salary fillers can get us beal. Beal in our system with fvv, Ibaka, lowry, siakam and og would be amazing.

you'd have to give up their choice of OG or TD. Its just not enough for the 2nd leading scorer in the league.
megalison
Freshman
And1: 71

Post#6 » by megalison » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:05 pm

sportsyard wrote:
Psubs wrote:

you'd have to give up their choice of OG or TD. Its just not enough for the 2nd leading scorer in the league.

I'd avoid Beal altogether. Consider we're looking at FVV signing a 60/3 or 80/4, I'd be very hesitant tying up almost 50 mill in cap space on two undersized guards.

Players of his archetype don't tend to win games because they need to be a #1 guy to maximize their value (and make up for value lost on the defensive end), but aren't good enough to be a true #1 (Booker, D'Angelo, Lillard come to mind). Put him on a good team like the Raptors who like to spread out their usage, and he quickly becomes a neutral or slightly positive player.

I'd rather continue focusing on signing & developing solid two-way players, or target someone in the archetype of Khris Middleton.
megalison
Freshman

Post#7 » by megalison » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:11 pm

Any thoughts on Jordan Nwora? He's polished as a shotmaker and has solid length. Fits the Ujiri mould in that he's a more experienced, high-character guy with a defined skill set but still room to grow.
Asif16
RealGM
And1: 27,437

Post#8 » by Asif16 » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:40 pm

HangTime wrote:I'd give Jordan Bell a shot with our system.

He's too undersized.

I think someone like Oshae Brissett is already better. Same build but More athletism and shooting.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,158

Post#9 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sun Mar 8, 2020 1:57 am

Asif16 wrote:
HangTime wrote:I'd give Jordan Bell a shot with our system.

He's too undersized.

I think someone like Oshae Brissett is already better. Same build but More athletism and shooting.

yup exactly.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#10 » by YelloC » Sun Mar 8, 2020 2:53 am

I feel bad for Dewan. This year is basically a mulligan for him but I hope he’s at least picking up knowledge from the vets while sidelined.
He probably would’ve got some spot/garbage time minutes with all the injuries to bigs this season.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#11 » by Psubs » Sun Mar 8, 2020 3:04 am

sportsyard wrote:
Psubs wrote:

No way then. We'll just keep winning championships with our depth. :nod:
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,713

Post#12 » by Ell Curry » Mon Mar 9, 2020 1:28 am

megalison wrote:Any thoughts on Jordan Nwora? He's polished as a shotmaker and has solid length. Fits the Ujiri mould in that he's a more experienced, high-character guy with a defined skill set but still room to grow.

He's got good 3 and D game but he's not Masai's type with a 1st I don't think. Not so athletic. Same for Isaiah Livers. Nice Jared Dudley type guys and I could see either being a useful backup forward for us behind Siakam and OG but Ujiri wanting a better athlete they can develop with a 1st based on his track record.

I'm still only watching Michigan games so can only comment on them and their Big 10 opponents basically so I will say
Jalen Smith looks like a guy who will have a long but maybe unspectacular career as a 2020's style 5 who can shoot it from 3 and moves well and still makes some plays at the rim and pass the ball a bit.

And for Michigan, Franz Wagner has become definitely their best NBA prospect. He's really skinny so isn't expected to come out this year and he's only shooting 31% from 3 (heating up lately) but on a high volume and he shoots 83% from the line and has reputation as a shooter. He's got really, really long arms so gets his hands so decent steal and block numbers for a wing. Thinks the game really well at both ends. Up to 13 and 7.5 in the last 10 games as he's become a good rebounder for a 3. Has some nice moves to the basket. If he can get strong over the next 2-3 years there's a sort of Gallinari type there. He's so weak physically I expect him to come back and blow up next year and become a 1st rounder but there would be crazier moves in a weak draft than making him a promise at our pick if you think he's gonna blow up and go like 15-20th next year, though he wouldn't be ready to play until his 2nd or 3rd year at earliest so doesn't really make sense.
Where's the D?
megalison
Freshman

Post#13 » by megalison » Mon Mar 9, 2020 11:52 pm

Ell Curry wrote:
megalison wrote:Any thoughts on Jordan Nwora? He's polished as a shotmaker and has solid length. Fits the Ujiri mould in that he's a more experienced, high-character guy with a defined skill set but still room to grow.

He's got good 3 and D game but he's not Masai's type with a 1st I don't think. Not so athletic. Same for Isaiah Livers. Nice Jared Dudley type guys and I could see either being a useful backup forward for us behind Siakam and OG but Ujiri wanting a better athlete they can develop with a 1st based on his track record.

I'm still only watching Michigan games so can only comment on them and their Big 10 opponents basically so I will say
Jalen Smith looks like a guy who will have a long but maybe unspectacular career as a 2020's style 5 who can shoot it from 3 and moves well and still makes some plays at the rim and pass the ball a bit.

And for Michigan, Franz Wagner has become definitely their best NBA prospect. He's really skinny so isn't expected to come out this year and he's only shooting 31% from 3 (heating up lately) but on a high volume and he shoots 83% from the line and has reputation as a shooter. He's got really, really long arms so gets his hands so decent steal and block numbers for a wing. Thinks the game really well at both ends. Up to 13 and 7.5 in the last 10 games as he's become a good rebounder for a 3. Has some nice moves to the basket. If he can get strong over the next 2-3 years there's a sort of Gallinari type there. He's so weak physically I expect him to come back and blow up next year and become a 1st rounder but there would be crazier moves in a weak draft than making him a promise at our pick if you think he's gonna blow up and go like 15-20th next year, though he wouldn't be ready to play until his 2nd or 3rd year at earliest so doesn't really make sense.

If we're going for true boom or bust, I think Amar Sylla is probably the best bet. He's got Siakam-esque measurements and athleticism but much rawer than even Siakam was when he was drafted. Likely a guy who spends a full year in Europe and then another full year in the G League, but I could see him being a switchable, 3-point shooting 4/5 at some point in the future. Would be similar to a Doumbouya with less strength/skill but more athleticism. I don't trust Detroit to develop Sekou, but I definitely trust Toronto with Sylla.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#14 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:15 pm

megalison wrote:
sportsyard wrote:
Psubs wrote:

I'd avoid Beal altogether. Consider we're looking at FVV signing a 60/3 or 80/4, I'd be very hesitant tying up almost 50 mill in cap space on two undersized guards.

Players of his archetype don't tend to win games because they need to be a #1 guy to maximize their value (and make up for value lost on the defensive end), but aren't good enough to be a true #1 (Booker, D'Angelo, Lillard come to mind). Put him on a good team like the Raptors who like to spread out their usage, and he quickly becomes a neutral or slightly positive player.

I'd rather continue focusing on signing & developing solid two-way players, or target someone in the archetype of Khris Middleton.

i think having two all-star level guards is ideal because those guys are the ones having the ball in their hands for the most part and setting up plays.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,489

Post#15 » by YelloC » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:35 am

Quincy Guerrier for Syracuse is an interesting raw prospect that happens to be from Montreal.
His stats don’t jump out but his motor and aggression look good to elite. Kind of reminds me of RHJ with more strength and better shot mechanics. Camp invite at least if declaring.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,880

Post#16 » by agkagk » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:57 pm

megalison wrote:
sportsyard wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Yeah I wonder if he would be an Eric Gordon type in our system.

Honestly not sure.

If so, better off with powell.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#17 » by PT416 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:38 am

Would you guys trade Ibaka and a pick for Rudy Gobert?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#18 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:45 pm

PT416 wrote:Would you guys trade Ibaka and a pick for Rudy Gobert?

lmao. no. Gobert sucks man and a good team will run him off the floor because he can't score and set up his own shot and he can't shoot free throws.

he's just a beast in the regular season because not every team cares about him because he can be easily game-planned when it really matters.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#19 » by PT416 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:08 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

lmao. no. Gobert sucks man and a good team will run him off the floor because he can't score and set up his own shot and he can't shoot free throws.

he's just a beast in the regular season because not every team cares about him because he can be easily game-planned when it really matters.

:lol: :lol: Cmon man he's a killer on the court
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM

Post#20 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:23 pm

PT416 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

:lol: :lol: Cmon man he's a killer on the court

lmao.

Return to Toronto Raptors