Image ImageImage Image

OT- The Last Dance documentary

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

The Last Dance 10 Part Documentary moved up to April 19 

Post#1 » by HomoSapien » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:17 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Re: The Last Dance 10 Part Documentary 

Post#2 » by Jo Jo English » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 am

The first potentially great thing about 2020.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#3 » by TheStig » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:21 am

Finally! It's happening!
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#4 » by TheGOATRises007 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:54 am

Seems like it'd make sense to release it now.

Ratings would probably be super high.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#5 » by dice » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:45 am

i frankly think that the 30 second trailer sucks. gives no indication of what the project actually is nor any sense of grandeur

MJ looks like mike tyson here:

the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#6 » by Southpaw » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:54 am

Young MJ has a LOT of charisma. I kinda wish I was alive when he was coming up in the league. Would've been a treat to watch.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#7 » by HomoSapien » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:57 am

dice wrote:i frankly think that the 30 second trailer sucks. gives no indication of what the project actually is nor any sense of grandeur

MJ looks like mike tyson here:

Thanks for posting that video. I hadn't seen it before. They shouldn't have called it a trailer. It's basically a teaser from probably the first episode.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#8 » by mtron32 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:59 am

Southpaw wrote:Young MJ has a LOT of charisma. I kinda wish I was alive when he was coming up in the league. Would've been a treat to watch.

Seriously, I can only remember consciously acknowledging MJ and the Bulls during the. Bad boys years. Being there Freon the draft must have been special.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#9 » by jc23 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:00 am

Floated the idea yesterday and it makes a ton of sense. Disney already released Frozen 2 (disney +) there months early and Star Wars (vod purchase) a few days early as well. If your a streaming service and have something ready to go it would be smart to release it in the next 2 months.
Be curious, Not judgmental
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,776

Post#10 » by jc23 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:01 am

Southpaw wrote:Young MJ has a LOT of charisma. I kinda wish I was alive when he was coming up in the league. Would've been a treat to watch.

i wish i could have experienced being a die hard BUlls fan prior to Jordan being drafted, i imagine it would have made the 90's that much more enjoyable.
Be curious, Not judgmental
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#11 » by dumbell78 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:30 am

Please release this yesterday.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#12 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:19 pm

jc23 wrote:Floated the idea yesterday and it makes a ton of sense. Disney already released Frozen 2 (disney +) there months early and Star Wars (vod purchase) a few days early as well. If your a streaming service and have something ready to go it would be smart to release it in the next 2 months.

Yeah I was waiting for the to move this up ESPN is dead in the water right now. I mean they have absolutely nothing. This will float them for a minute but the mouse is going to feel this pinch no doubt.

On the return side of this I wonder if there will be more enthusiasm for sports or will it be less? I assume more (absence makes the heart grow fonder).
Southpaw
Sixth Man

Post#13 » by Southpaw » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:09 pm

jc23 wrote:

i wish i could have experienced being a die hard BUlls fan prior to Jordan being drafted, i imagine it would have made the 90's that much more enjoyable.

Same, following his career from start to finish would've been special. I wonder if we'll ever see a great player's career playout on only one team like that, with all the player movement happening these days. D. Rose was gonna be that dude for us but injuries ruined it.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,702

Post#14 » by dougthonus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Southpaw wrote:Same, following his career from start to finish would've been special. I wonder if we'll ever see a great player's career playout on only one team like that, with all the player movement happening these days. D. Rose was gonna be that dude for us but injuries ruined it.

Well he played on two teams. Since Jordan, you've seen Kobe, Dirk, and Duncan actually only play on one team. It does seem less and less likely that you'll see more one team guys, it's somewhat of a shock that the three I mentioned managed it. Right now, of star players, probably the GS guys are the ones with the best chance of that happening.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Southpaw
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Southpaw » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:00 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Southpaw wrote:Same, following his career from start to finish would've been special. I wonder if we'll ever see a great player's career playout on only one team like that, with all the player movement happening these days. D. Rose was gonna be that dude for us but injuries ruined it.

Well he played on two teams. Since Jordan, you've seen Kobe, Dirk, and Duncan actually only play on one team. It does seem less and less likely that you'll see more one team guys, it's somewhat of a shock that the three I mentioned managed it. Right now, of star players, probably the GS guys are the ones with the best chance of that happening.

Right, but we've all chose to forget that MJ played with the Wiz right? Hahaha. KG would've been part of those 3 if he landed on a decent franchise. Yeah I can see Steph and Klay being GSW lifers, but I can also see them moving on to other teams. I also think that foreign superstar are more likely to stay on one team because they'd feel indebted to the franchise that took a chance on them. My guess is Luka and/or Giannis have good chances of staing on their teams til they retire, specially if they can win a title there.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#16 » by dougthonus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:14 pm

Southpaw wrote:Right, but we've all chose to forget that MJ played with the Wiz right? Hahaha. KG would've been part of those 3 if he landed on a decent franchise. Yeah I can see Steph and Klay being GSW lifers, but I can also see them moving on to other teams. I also think that foreign superstar are more likely to stay on one team because they'd feel indebted to the franchise that took a chance on them. My guess is Luka and/or Giannis have good chances of staing on their teams til they retire, specially if they can win a title there.

Seems like you need a few things for that to happen:
1: You need to be good enough to win titles or complete
2: You need to be able to lessen your role on the team as you age
3: You need a player who isn't greedy and realizes his value is receding
4: You need an owner that values having a star his whole career

It's really those last few years that it's hard to keep guys because the player can almost always make more somewhere else than by staying with the team and the team direction changes where it doesn't make sense to keep that player.
@doug_thonus on twitter
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#17 » by mtron32 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:25 pm

Southpaw wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

Right, but we've all chose to forget that MJ played with the Wiz right? Hahaha. KG would've been part of those 3 if he landed on a decent franchise. Yeah I can see Steph and Klay being GSW lifers, but I can also see them moving on to other teams. I also think that foreign superstar are more likely to stay on one team because they'd feel indebted to the franchise that took a chance on them. My guess is Luka and/or Giannis have good chances of staing on their teams til they retire, specially if they can win a title there.

He was still good on the Wiz but I just can't see him in a Wizards Uni in my mind when I think of MJ, it's always in GOAT Red.
Southpaw
Sixth Man

Post#18 » by Southpaw » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:29 pm

dougthonus wrote:
Southpaw wrote:Right, but we've all chose to forget that MJ played with the Wiz right? Hahaha. KG would've been part of those 3 if he landed on a decent franchise. Yeah I can see Steph and Klay being GSW lifers, but I can also see them moving on to other teams. I also think that foreign superstar are more likely to stay on one team because they'd feel indebted to the franchise that took a chance on them. My guess is Luka and/or Giannis have good chances of staing on their teams til they retire, specially if they can win a title there.

Seems like you need a few things for that to happen:
1: You need to be good enough to win titles or complete
2: You need to be able to lessen your role on the team as you age
3: You need a player who isn't greedy and realizes his value is receding
4: You need an owner that values having a star his whole career

It's really those last few years that it's hard to keep guys because the player can almost always make more somewhere else than by staying with the team and the team direction changes where it doesn't make sense to keep that player.

Agreed with everything. You'd need a star who'd be willing go through some rough times because it's likely to happen in a long career, unless your FO is super good or super lucky, maybe even both.

The most important thing is winning a title or at least being a perennial contender, but even that might not be enough. Another tricky part is when the star starts to age, will that player be willing to cede the reins a little bit or would he be willing to change his role for the team. It'd take a special player and a special team for that to happen in this day and age.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#19 » by dougthonus » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Southpaw wrote:The most important thing is winning a title or at least being a perennial contender, but even that might not be enough. Another tricky part is when the star starts to age, will that player be willing to cede the reins a little bit or would he be willing to change his role for the team. It'd take a special player and a special team for that to happen in this day and age.

Shorter contracts have hurt too. Players now have the option to make that decision more frequently than in the past. This is good and bad for both players and the league depending how it works out. Another thing is that LeBron's move to Miami kicked off a wave of team building by players where they move to play with each other. We've seen Durant, Kryie, Kawhi, George, LeBron, and Davis all effectively make moves to play with specific guys they wanted in the last year.
@doug_thonus on twitter
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,867

Post#20 » by bledredwine » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:09 pm

Wait, when are they releasing this doc? I’ve been waiting forever.

And, will it be on Netflix or what? I don’t follow.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895

Return to Chicago Bulls