Re: Members of Knicks' Front Office 'Enamored' With Christian Wood

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Members of Knicks' Front Office 'Enamored' With Christian Wood 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:14 am

The New York Knicks monitored Christian Wood's progress throughout this season, league sources told Ian Begley of SNY.

Several members of the Knicks' front office are said to be "enamored" by Wood.

The 24-year-old Wood, who recently tested positive for COVID-19, will be an unrestricted free agent this summer.

With only $1 million of Taj Gibson's contract guaranteed plus a team option on Bobby Portis, the Knicks could go into this summer's free agency period with only Julius Randle and Mitchell Robinson at the post position.

Wood averaged 23 points, 10 rebounds, and shot 40% from 3 after becoming a starter for the Pistons. 

Via Ian Begley/SNY.tv

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,077

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:29 am

why tho?
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#3 » by Cassius » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:27 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:why tho?

They think that with some coaching, he might be able to make the transition to power forward.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#4 » by objectivefan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:05 pm

Cassius wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:why tho?

They think that with some coaching, he might be able to make the transition to power forward.

you can never have enough Power Forwards (Knicks modus operandi)

Why make this known now? my guess is that his agent is stirring the pot to pressure DET for more money

Also, if he does join the Knicks he will just be another person that Randle does not pass the ball to.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#5 » by TheCage4 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:20 pm

I believe Randle has to be moved. I was not against the Randle for Rozier rumor around the deadline, although I wasn’t in love with it.

If Wood can be a stretch 4, with his length and athleticism, both him and Robinson would be a heck of a combo up front.

It would definitely be fun to watch.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
bqmuzik
Junior
And1: 62

Post#6 » by bqmuzik » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:56 pm

They had just as much of an opportunity to sign him has anyone else last season.

When I watched Wood play in the summer league for the Bucks a couple years ago, I knew he had the skills to succeed if given the opportunity

Return to Wiretap Discussion