ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Re: New York Yankees Thread III | Season Put on Hold 

Post#261 » by BadNewsBarnes » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:15 pm

Sources: Yankees have second minor leaguer test positive for coronavirus

The New York Yankees have informed their minor league players that another minor leaguer in the organization has tested positive for coronavirus, sources familiar with the message distributed to players told ESPN's Jeff Passan on Tuesday.

The Yankees have now had two minor league players test positive for coronavirus. The previous player had only spent time in the minor league portion of the Yankees' spring training facility.

The Yankees were among the teams whose major league players had resolved to stay in camp amid the coronavirus outbreak. On Tuesday, however, manager Aaron Boone left the team's complex in Tampa and said he was driving home to Greenwich, Connecticut.

<snip>

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28916377/sources-yankees-second-minor-leaguer-test-positive-coronavirus
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,782

Post#262 » by Rich Rane » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter

There's so much important :censored: to worry about in the world right now. With that said...

HOW THE **** DID THE YANKEES MISS THIS?
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#263 » by GEOLINK » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:22 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

There's so much important :censored: to worry about in the world right now. With that said...

The Yankees only know what the player tells them.

Just move Judge over to 1B. I can't take it with him in the outfield anymore. He injures himself all the time doing a diving play or crashing into the wall. He's too tall and big to be doing that all the time.

If the Yankees want him to stay healthy turn him into a 1B and have Stanton DH.

Crisis solved.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#264 » by GEOLINK » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:14 am

Read on Twitter
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#265 » by zappafrank » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:37 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Just move Judge over to 1B. I can't take it with him in the outfield anymore. He injures himself all the time doing a diving play or crashing into the wall. He's too tall and big to be doing that all the time.

Crisis solved.

no I think that will not work for them, the Judge is just fine in the outfield but he needs some better training on diving and crashing into walls. maybe bring in Mickey Rivers or Ricky Henderson or Paul Blair? just to name some living former outfielders who knew what they were doing. (if only Joe D. were still with us - he was the best!). also Judge needs to better study the analytics to improve his positioning and anticipating where the ball will go when its hit out there. but you want that size and arm out there. nobody will try to take an extra base on the Judge. as far a Stanton, the folks in South Florida used to consider him a quality outfielder. I don't know where to find metrics to back that up so not sure if true. but we know he has an arm too. making him the permanent DH to save him from injury may not work either. my feeling is that not playing in the field is bad for keeping the player loose and keeping their head in the game. all just my opinion.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#266 » by GEOLINK » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:16 am

zappafrank wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:
Read on Twitter

Crisis solved.

no I think that will not work for them, the Judge is just fine in the outfield but he needs some better training on diving and crashing into walls. maybe bring in Mickey Rivers or Ricky Henderson or Paul Blair? just to name some living former outfielders who knew what they were doing. (if only Joe D. were still with us - he was the best!). also Judge needs to better study the analytics to improve his positioning and anticipating where the ball will go when its hit out there. but you want that size and arm out there. nobody will try to take an extra base on the Judge. as far a Stanton, the folks in South Florida used to consider him a quality outfielder. I don't know where to find metrics to back that up so not sure if true. but we know he has an arm too. making him the permanent DH to save him from injury may not work either. my feeling is that not playing in the field is bad for keeping the player loose and keeping their head in the game. all just my opinion.

All those guys you mentioned are small dudes and Paul Blair has been dead since 2013, so good luck with that.

I still want Judge to be moved to first. Judge is an excellent outfielder but unfortunately his body will continue to break down because he plays the field so hard, which is a credit to him, but in the long run hurts us.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#267 » by blue and orange » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 pm

I think what MLB should do is run games from today on MLB the show 20, with what was supposed to be opening day with realistic lineups so the Yankees wouldnt have Judge or Stanton in the opening day lineup. Have all games from todays date only and continue games according to the daily schedule until the season actually starts if theres a season. Analysts could take about the games of the day and you could get player reactions on twitter, just an outside the box idea.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#268 » by blue and orange » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Try watching this without looking at the end result.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#269 » by moocow007 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:01 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm not sure if I should be intimidated or turned on by this. She throws better than me.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#270 » by moocow007 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:08 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
zappafrank wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:The Yankees only know what the player tells them.

Crisis solved.

All those guys you mentioned are small dudes and Paul Blair has been dead since 2013, so good luck with that.

I still want Judge to be moved to first. Judge is an excellent outfielder but unfortunately his body will continue to break down because he plays the field so hard, which is a credit to him, but in the long run hurts us.

Judge needs to learn to not go nuts defensively. His biggest value to this team is his bat. And given that he has a cannon of an arm there really isn't a need to be diving and crashing like he's Brett Gardner. Yankee Stadium RF is probably the smallest RF overall dimension wise in baseball. That means he needs to know when to slow down a lot sooner than RF'ers on other teams. Likewise, sometimes you just have to let the ball drop in front of you instead of diving face first for it OR you learn the slide catch. Take a guy like Jason Heyward. Hayward's a big guy (6'5" and about 230) and he's a top end defensive outfielder. If you watch him he rarely ever slams into walls or face dives face first to catch the ball. Heyward is a master of the slide catch. Judge wasn't always a RF'er. His draft position was CF, which means that's what he played primarily in college. More space to run. Different angles to the ball. So that may also be a factor. The Yankees need to work with him on not being as aggressive and learning different fielding techniques. It doesn't make sense to take away his athleticism and throwing arm by slapping him at 1B (where you usually put your least athletic player and have the least need for throwing arm)
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#271 » by GEOLINK » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:17 am

moocow007 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
zappafrank wrote:

Judge needs to learn to not go nuts defensively. His biggest value to this team is his bat. And given that he has a cannon of an arm there really isn't a need to be diving and crashing like he's Brett Gardner. Yankee Stadium RF is probably the smallest RF overall dimension wise in baseball. That means he needs to know when to slow down a lot sooner than RF'ers on other teams. Likewise, sometimes you just have to let the ball drop in front of you instead of diving face first for it OR you learn the slide catch. Take a guy like Jason Heyward. Hayward's a big guy (6'5" and about 230) and he's a top end defensive outfielder. If you watch him he rarely ever slams into walls or face dives face first to catch the ball. Heyward is a master of the slide catch. Judge wasn't always a RF'er. His draft position was CF, which means that's what he played primarily in college. More space to run. Different angles to the ball. So that may also be a factor. The Yankees need to work with him on not being as aggressive and learning different fielding techniques. It doesn't make sense to take away his athleticism and throwing arm by slapping him at 1B (where you usually put your least athletic player and have the least need for throwing arm)

Guys like Judge go for it 100 percent all the time. I don't think Judge could go anything less than that which is why he's been racking up the injuries, playing while he's hurt and making it worse.

I would hate to see his canon arm go from RF or his height advantage but something's gotta give here. His rookie contract is going to end real soon.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#272 » by blue and orange » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:14 pm

Here’s game 2 with Tanaka on the mound.

N8isScofield
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,498

Post#273 » by N8isScofield » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:54 am

moocow007 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm not sure if I should be intimidated or turned on by this. She throws better than me.

She has smoother mechanics than Gerrit too. :o
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#274 » by blue and orange » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:03 pm

Game 3, Montgomery on the mound, lets sweep the Orioles.

;t=2515s
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#275 » by moocow007 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:49 pm

Yeah...wtf...that's Chapman on the right.

GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#276 » by GEOLINK » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:25 pm

moocow007 wrote:Yeah...wtf...that's Chapman on the right.

Chapman throwing 200mph this year.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#277 » by moocow007 » Wed Apr 1, 2020 2:20 am

GEOLINK wrote:

:nod: :lol:

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,782

Post#278 » by Rich Rane » Mon Apr 6, 2020 5:21 am

moocow007 wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:

:nod: :lol:

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Probably has been thinking about beaming Altuve since ALCS.
zappafrank
Junior
And1: 158

Post#279 » by zappafrank » Mon Apr 6, 2020 7:10 pm

pitchers can't have spaghetti arm!
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#280 » by blue and orange » Tue Apr 7, 2020 4:06 pm

The Yes network youtube channel is putting up 2020 scheduled games on mlb the show 20. So far the Yankees are 9-1 on the season, only loss was a 14 inning game against the Rays at the trop.

Return to New York Knicks