ImageImage

2020 Draft Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,353

Re: 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#201 » by M-C-G » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:13 pm

Daver wrote:One of the sports sites out there has us taking tee wiggins at 30 im not a big college fan but where is he rated in the WR group would he be a good pick at 30

Not excited about that if these pro day results are correct

Miguel Chapeton
@DynastyGuruFF
Tee Higgins Official Pro Day Results
40: 4.54 - adj 4.59
3 cone: DQ
Shuttle: 4.53 - I was close how about that
Vert: 31"
LJ: 10-3

Austin Gayle
@PFF_AustinGayle
Tee Higgins’ 1.66s 10 at his Pro Day would have been the worst among all participating receivers.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#202 » by Frank Nova » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:12 pm

M-C-G wrote:Revising my pick 3 from before;
Jalen Reagor
JK Dobbins
Albert Okwuegbunam

That's a whole lot of fun to be had on offense...I'm not totally sold on which RB I want most, because guys like McFarland and Cam Akers look like playmakers in this draft too...this draft is just dripping with talent

Lots to go over in your last 3 posts. The Oline situation is in much more critical condition than the Dline is imo. You already stated the obvious holes we could have as soon as next off season. I’m fairly confident we can hit on a mid rounder like we usually do but I haven’t got to caught up in the prospects. I’ll just transition straight to your last sentence as to why, the dripping talent everywhere else. Mims looks like a star. I think it was Matt Miller who already called him this years DK.

I’m gonna stick with my guy from Arizona State Brandon Aiyuk. I’ve been pimping him now for awhile so I won’t go back on him. I think he’s this years Deebo Samuel if we are gonna try and compare everyone this year from last years class lol. You called Reagor electric and I agree, but I also think that’s fair to describe Aiyuk.

At this point I’m all in on Ken Murray or Pat Queen if 1 happens to fall and then I’ll take a WR in round 2 and go from there. I’d have to think there’s a fair chance 1 of Aiyuk, Mims, Reagor or KJ Hamler falls to the 60s.

RB I love is Zack Moss from Utah. Been following him the last 2 seasons. He’s a monster, I was so hyped up when I saw B/R run that article about him being Beast Mode 2.0 and no one knows about him. He’s really gonna stick if he can stay healthy. The Lynch stuff might be unrealistic but Moss can be what everyone thought Jeremy Hill was for a season and a half.

And seeing as the theme of my post is who does this years guy remind me of from last year.. Cam Akers is Devin Singletary and when I watch Akers, he reminds me a ton of Jonathan Franklin. Dobbins looks like the real deal too, not sure if I have a good comp for him but my man AJ Dillon runs like All Day himself lol. Obviously that’s ridiculous and Dillon is the most homeless version of AP imagineable, but he is exactly that and there’s something to be said for that anyway. Another 1 like Moss that was just used as a truck stick all through college. Neither caught hardly anything out of the backfield so chances are neither will do that in the pros. But they run like battering rams and Moss is elusive.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#203 » by M-C-G » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Revising my pick 3 from before;
Jalen Reagor
JK Dobbins
Albert Okwuegbunam

That's a whole lot of fun to be had on offense...I'm not totally sold on which RB I want most, because guys like McFarland and Cam Akers look like playmakers in this draft too...this draft is just dripping with talent

Lots to go over in your last 3 posts. The Oline situation is in much more critical condition than the Dline is imo. You already stated the obvious holes we could have as soon as next off season. I’m fairly confident we can hit on a mid rounder like we usually do but I haven’t got to caught up in the prospects. I’ll just transition straight to your last sentence as to why, the dripping talent everywhere else. Mims looks like a star. I think it was Matt Miller who already called him this years DK.

I’m gonna stick with my guy from Arizona State Brandon Aiyuk. I’ve been pimping him now for awhile so I won’t go back on him. I think he’s this years Deebo Samuel if we are gonna try and compare everyone this year from last years class lol. You called Reagor electric and I agree, but I also think that’s fair to describe Aiyuk.

At this point I’m all in on Ken Murray or Pat Queen if 1 happens to fall and then I’ll take a WR in round 2 and go from there. I’d have to think there’s a fair chance 1 of Aiyuk, Mims, Reagor or KJ Hamler falls to the 60s.

RB I love is Zack Moss from Utah. Been following him the last 2 seasons. He’s a monster, I was so hyped up when I saw B/R run that article about him being Beast Mode 2.0 and no one knows about him. He’s really gonna stick if he can stay healthy. The Lynch stuff might be unrealistic but Moss can be what everyone thought Jeremy Hill was for a season and a half.

And seeing as the theme of my post is who does this years guy remind me of from last year.. Cam Akers is Devin Singletary and when I watch Akers, he reminds me a ton of Jonathan Franklin. Dobbins looks like the real deal too, not sure if I have a good comp for him but my man AJ Dillon runs like All Day himself lol. Obviously that’s ridiculous and Dillon is the most homeless version of AP imagineable, but he is exactly that and there’s something to be said for that anyway. Another 1 like Moss that was just used as a truck stick all through college. Neither caught hardly anything out of the backfield so chances are neither will do that in the pros. But they run like battering rams and Moss is elusive.

Yeah, OLine will need to be addressed sooner than later. I think Jenkins is our C of the future though, because I think it will be easier to fill the G spot and don't think we can pay that many guys in one off season.

I'll add for fun the PFF comp in the draft guide for some of the guys we talked about;
Queen > Telvin Smith
Murray > Mychal Kendricks

Reagor > Derrick Masopn
Aiyuk > Pierre Garcon
Mims > Braylon Edwards
Hamler > Tavon Austin

Dobbins > Ryan Mathews
Moss > Kareem Hunt
Dillon > Brandon Jacobs
Akers > Terrence West
Taylor > Demarco Murray

Some of those are really apt, some just seem strange to me. With regards to Mims, prime Braylon Edwards was a hell of a player, I think off the field stuff and his own head was largely his undoing.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#204 » by M-C-G » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:12 pm

Don't know much about Willie Gay Jr from Miss St. but man, that is an intriguing athletic package to mold.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,519

Post#205 » by Frank Nova » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Honestly the only thing that really makes sense about those comps is the comparable numbers. No way those comps are based off who “player x” reminds that writer of. He clearly just went through and found similar production and used the comp with the closest stats.

1 I really do like is Moss and Kareem Hunt. Never really thought about it but it’s legit after watching Moss as closely as I did the last 2 seasons.

So quick story, I’m in a dynasty NFL league and we draft 3 college prospects to bring up to our rosters when they get drafted. My original 3 prospects 2 seasons ago when the league started; Aj Brown, D’Andre Swift and Zack Moss. I replaced Brown with CeeDee Lamb when AJ got drafted and continued sitting on Swift and Moss. I’m pretty obsessive when it comes to stuff like that and I even went as far as to stream most of the Utah games just to watch Moss play.

Character wise he doesn’t seem anything remotely close to a knucklehead. He’s very humble and hardworking from what I’ve gathered so I can confidently say that whoever drafts Moss is essentially getting themselves Kareem Hunt without the baggage.

He can catch too even tho he only caught 28 balls last year and like 13 the year before. As good as Moss was, he was 1. Injured and 2. Part of a really decent Utah backfield. They used the other RBs as playmakers but still used Moss as the bell cow when he was healthy. He’s an every down RB imo and will be the big steal if he goes in the middle rounds. He’s not the athlete Swift, Taylor and Dobbins are but I wouldn’t entertain anyone after that over Moss. Maybe I’m biased here but under the circumstances I actually followed him closely for 2 full seasons, I like to believe I’m not a total dunce.

I genuinely hope he stays out of Chicago of all places because he’ll beat out Montgomery easily and be a problem for us twice a year. But I really hope is we steal him and let Jamal Williams walk and use Moss and AJ33 as our future 1-2 punch.

That’s my bored and quarantined Zack Moss story tho just incase anyone was interested in finding out who Zack Moss is.

Not to be confused with Thaddeus Moss whom I also love in the middle rounds as a pass catching 3rd TE. Knowing Randy Moss would be forced to be a Packer fan on top of his kid being a solid prospect would bring me joy!
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,588

Post#206 » by tski1972 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:45 pm

Any idea how the draft is going to held? How the broadcast is going to work?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#207 » by M-C-G » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:54 pm

tski1972 wrote:Any idea how the draft is going to held? How the broadcast is going to work?

Probably very similar to when the TNT guys do their NBA mock draft.

At least we won’t have to see the in-genuine bear hugs from Goodell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#208 » by Xanadu » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:38 am

Think Chris Orr is a solid late round pick. I know I am looking through cardinal glasses. But after his stellar pro day I really think he is going to be another over looked badger MLB. His stats and pro day numbers are right there with Baun who is considered a late first. Orr will drop due to size but he is a play maker.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,148

Post#209 » by RRyder823 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:17 am

M-C-G wrote:
tski1972 wrote:Any idea how the draft is going to held? How the broadcast is going to work?

Probably very similar to when the TNT guys do their NBA mock draft.

At least we won’t have to see the in-genuine bear hugs from Goodell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm mostly hopeful this will finally mean they arent interviewing a player drafted 3 spots ahead when the Packers actually pick

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,387

Post#210 » by Profound23 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:05 pm

Mel Kiper 3.0 has us taking Chase Claypool.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,741

Post#211 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:41 pm

Guy is a freak. I'd be into it.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#212 » by Profound23 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Guy is a freak. I'd be into it.

He is, I just thought we could get him in the 2nd. This draft is so deep at WR if you take one in the first, you better hit because it could be a double whammy. You draft a bust and see a bunch of players from the same position drafted in the next round that would've been better.

Unless of course they go Claypool and another wr in the 2nd, then line Claypool up at TE.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#213 » by James1980 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Profound23 wrote:

He is, I just thought we could get him in the 2nd. This draft is so deep at WR if you take one in the first, you better hit because it could be a double whammy. You draft a bust and see a bunch of players from the same position drafted in the next round that would've been better.

Unless of course they go Claypool and another wr in the 2nd, then line Claypool up at TE.

I wouldn't mind 2 WRs and 1 TE with our first 3 picks.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#214 » by M-C-G » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Profound23 wrote:

Claypool looks a lot like Vincent Jackson to me. Maybe with a bit more burst.

Wouldn't need much beef to get some reps at TE...looks like he could cause a lot of matchup issues from there.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#215 » by M-C-G » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:59 pm

James1980 wrote:
Profound23 wrote:

I wouldn't mind 2 WRs and 1 TE with our first 3 picks.

Reagor/Mims
Dobbins/Swift/Taylor/McFarland/Akers
Okwuegbunam
Antonio Gibson

I'd say that would be a really exciting draft. Lot's speed, lots of big playmaking talent added to the roster.
Profound23
RealGM

Post#216 » by Profound23 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:49 am

The weird thing to think about is more than likely teams are set on their draft boards. Wonder if there will be a lot of trades because teams have more time to talk or less because teams aren't formally still interviewing and working out with other players and are focused on family at this moment?
Profound23
RealGM

Post#217 » by Profound23 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:16 am

I have always wanted to see a team draft a QB/WR duo.

Would be cool to see a team draft Tua with either Ruggs or Jeudy, Burrow/Jefferson, or Hurts/Lamb and watch if they can still do it in the NFL.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#218 » by Balls2TheWalls » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:14 pm

I'm kind of feeling moving up to get Ruggs.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,983

Post#219 » by Daver » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:37 pm

Balls2TheWalls wrote:I'm kind of feeling moving up to get Ruggs.

Would love that but that would be a huge jump he mocked out in top 19
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#220 » by leroyjw10 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:55 pm

I'm all in on Mims. His highlight reel is real impressive. Lots of very tough catches and some game-changing athleticism.

Return to Green Bay Packers