NBA Suspends Season Due to Coronavirus

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Re: NBA Suspends Season Due to Coronavirus 

Post#81 » by sixers hoops » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:18 am

76ciology wrote:What are the books or shows that you are watching during this lockdown?

This year I’ve read Jordan Peterson’s 12 rules of life, Ryan Holiday’s Stillness is the Key and right now I’m trying to finish Robert Greene’s 33 Strategies of War.

For tv series, I like “Unauthorized Living”, a spanish Tv Series named “Vivin Sin Permiso”. Maybe after this I’ll watch “The Kingdom” a Korean Tv series. Lol

I’m struggling to get into any shows. Everything recommended to me recently hasn’t been that good.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#82 » by 76ciology » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:48 am

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
76ciology wrote:So what do you guys doing right now in this lockdown?

My routine has been working from home in the morning. Playing games until the sun is about to set. Then I have a 30 mins Sunset jog. Dinner. Play games again. Watch netflix.

I dream about this life before but now i hate it. :lol:
Hope everything goes back to normal soon!

I'm self employed and run a small masonry business. I'm building a foundation in the smoky mountains of Tennessee right now. It's kind of nice, nobody is bothering us, no tourists, and nobody has told me to shut it down yet so i'm continuing onward. :lol:

Perfect time to run the business so when everything goes back to normal, you’re already ahead.

#trusttheprocess
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#83 » by 76ciology » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:49 am

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:What are the books or shows that you are watching during this lockdown?

This year I’ve read Jordan Peterson’s 12 rules of life, Ryan Holiday’s Stillness is the Key and right now I’m trying to finish Robert Greene’s 33 Strategies of War.

For tv series, I like “Unauthorized Living”, a spanish Tv Series named “Vivin Sin Permiso”. Maybe after this I’ll watch “The Kingdom” a Korean Tv series. Lol

I’m struggling to get into any shows. Everything recommended to me recently hasn’t been that good.

What have you watched that ain’t good?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#84 » by sixers hoops » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:49 pm

76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

I tried Locke and key but struggled to keep with it. Then I tried umbrella academy and didn’t like it. Then I gave up on the third season of stranger things. I tried the Witcher and didn’t make it far. I watched a few episodes of Sherlock and quit. I started watching the second season of Broadchurch and couldn’t stick with it, same with Us...A lot of the sequels trying to force the plot to keep continuing is too unrealistic for me. And I’m not a huge sci-fi fan to begin with.

I’ve already seen most of the great shows like game of thrones, Dexter, the wire, breaking bad, sopranos, shameless, sons of anarchy, most of the narcos, lost, and currently watch better call Saul.

Not finding much of that quality these days, although those shows were from a decade span.
SexDrugsPnR
Bench Warmer
And1: 724

Post#85 » by SexDrugsPnR » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:18 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:I’m struggling to get into any shows. Everything recommended to me recently hasn’t been that good.

I tried Locke and key but struggled to keep with it. Then I tried umbrella academy and didn’t like it. Then I gave up on the third season of stranger things. I tried the Witcher and didn’t make it far. I watched a few episodes of Sherlock and quit. I started watching the second season of Broadchurch and couldn’t stick with it, same with Us...A lot of the sequels trying to force the plot to keep continuing is too unrealistic for me. And I’m not a huge sci-fi fan to begin with.

I’ve already seen most of the great shows like game of thrones, Dexter, the wire, breaking bad, sopranos, shameless, sons of anarchy, most of the narcos, lost, and currently watch better call Saul.

Not finding much of that quality these days, although those shows were from a decade span.

If you liked the first two seasons of Stranger Things I highly recommend the German series "Dark". It starts out a bit like Stranger Things, but it's way deeper and gets you really involved.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#86 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:09 am

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:I’m struggling to get into any shows. Everything recommended to me recently hasn’t been that good.

Hahaha i can tell you have really high standards from tv series.

Most just watch to past time. For me the best tv series to pass the time is Madman. It’s too slow and yet very entertaining.

One tv series that’s under the radar for me is “Halt and Catch fire”.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#87 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:10 am

SexDrugsPnR wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:

If you liked the first two seasons of Stranger Things I highly recommend the German series "Dark". It starts out a bit like Stranger Things, but it's way deeper and gets you really involved.

Good thing you mentioned that. I was planning to watch that a long time ago
76ciology
RealGM

Post#88 » by 76ciology » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:13 am

Once they lift the suspension, they should have a week or two for conditioning right.
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#89 » by ankle420breaker » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:22 pm

Pretty sure it's only one season, but Mad Dogs (on Prime) is a good show if anyone is looking to pass the time.

I'd also recommend Brotherhood. Old series from Showtime.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,459

Post#90 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:34 pm

I just keep watching Escape From New York over and over again. Great movie. Might switch up and peep The Road Warrior tomorrow.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#91 » by Foshan » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 am

shlo
Junior
And1: 247

Post#92 » by shlo » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:18 am

Foshan wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257660/76ers-Institute-15-Percent-Reduction-In-Salary-Of-Employees

Any other teams doing this or just us?

My frustration with the overall management of this team over the last couple of years starting at the top had me quite watching games a couple months ago. This news just puts me over the edge. Josh Harris is a total garbage owner. This is pathetic. He's worth close to $4 billion. He can pay his employees. And if he can't... then sell the team and get out.
snoopdogg88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,111

Post#93 » by snoopdogg88 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:15 pm

I hope if any good comes from this it’s that people really wake up to what scumbags these billionaires are and what contempt they have for the common person.

Lower level workers are the ones who push our economy. It’s not the other way around.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,692

Post#94 » by rzzzzz » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:59 pm

snoopdogg88 wrote:Lower level workers are the ones who push our economy. It’s not the other way around.

I'm hoping most of the proposed stimulus goes to folks out of work and/or struggling. They're likely to spend it right back into the economy instead of salting it away.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#95 » by Eyeamok » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 am

Josh Harris & company reverse the decision to cut the wages of the 76ers workers. Social media shame them into that. Excellent.

When you have Embiid donating 500 k and then the owner decides to cut salaries it's not a good look.

Reminds me off what Hinkie said in his goodbye letter about O'Neil trying to extract every dime he could from the public...you can know include employees too.

Public shaming is a good thing.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
76ciology
RealGM

Post#96 » by 76ciology » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:27 am

If there is no wage cuts, unemployment will increase. this is how the unemployment soared to 20% in 1929.

Im talking in general. But for the Sixers, I dont think its necessary since I’d guess the wage for the team (non-players) should be really low.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#97 » by sixers hoops » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:13 pm

76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Most just watch to past time. For me the best tv series to pass the time is Madman. It’s too slow and yet very entertaining.

I did just watch the first four or five episodes of mad men a month or two ago, and quit that as well lol
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,419

Post#98 » by Eyeamok » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:25 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

I did just watch the first four or five episodes of mad men a month or two ago, and quit that as well lol

Ozark
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#99 » by youngcrev » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm

sixers hoops wrote:
76ciology wrote:
sixers hoops wrote:

You're a tough one to crack, haha.

How about these ones:

Billions (Showtime)
Bloodline (Netflix... Falls off after season 1 though)
Westworld (HBO - also falls off after season 1)
The Outsider (HBO)
Ozark (Netflix)
American Vandal (Netflix)
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#100 » by GoSixersBro » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:54 pm

So bored out of my mind/missing watching & playing basketball so much that I just rewatched Game 7 vs Toronto as I work from home.

Some thoughts that stuck out while rewatching ...

1) Really forgot how poorly both teams started the game on offense. Sixers 1/10 to start. At one point we were 5/25 and Toronto was 5/26 from the field.

2) Simmons defense for most of the game, but in particular the first half was outstanding. As some of our players started showing poor body language after a slow start, Simmons was buzzing around on defense at 110% and deserves major credit we stayed in the game.

3) Simmons in transition with Redick and Harris made me salivate. With JJ on his side on the break, Toronto was caught guessing and gave Ben more freedom to improvise. We sorely miss that this season. Harris on the run was nice because he seems to be far more comfortable/effective going 1-on-1 with some speed rather than in a slowed down offense where 5 defenders are present.

4) The Raptors' defense was really good containing Joel and deserved major credit, but the narrative Marc Gasol son'd him is a tad exaggerated. Embiid was missing a **** ton of good, wide open looks. I guess you can credit Gasol for making Embiid gravitate away from the paint, but Joel certainly played below his potential on offense scoring-wise (whether that be due to fatigue or injury, your guess is as good as mine).

5) Redick was a liability on defense, but IMO his shooting and presence on offense alone far outweighed how much he hurt us on D. Especially when Kawhi took almost 45% of Toronto's shots for that game which makes Redick's defensive woes less of a problem.

6) The amount of offensive rebounds and second chance points we gave up was the worst part of the loss, not the Kawhi game-winner if you ask me. Embiid was terrible on the defensive glass and got caught watching shots way too many times. I guess when Tobias is our 4 and Toronto is boasting Gasol-Ibaka-Siakam you'd think we'd experiencing some issues, but no. It was Kyle Lowry turning misses into second chance points on numerous occasions. It's a miracle we only lost by a buzzer beater in this game on the road to the eventual champions.

7) It's a shame this organization chose to go in a different direction last Summer. Despite how ugly this game was, there were glimpses that showed the Core 4 of Embiid-Simmons-Butler-Harris could find a way to work IMO. I think people forget how little this core played with each other in the regular season due to roster moves and injuries. I wish we got to see a full season of this Sixers team and honestly think they could've meshed better had this been the starting line-up in October. A lot of mistakes in this game looked like mistakes you see from a new group of players who haven't fully learned each others' tendencies nor developed that chemistry. Talent on paper can only take you so far.

8) **** Kyle Lowry. And Ibaka for that matter.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016

Return to Philadelphia 76ers