Astros Claim To Have \'Expressed Sincere Apologies\' In Court Filings

Moderator: TyCobb

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Astros Claim To Have \'Expressed Sincere Apologies\' In Court Filings 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:29 pm

When Houston Astros owner Jim Crane, Jose Altuve and Alex Bregman held a press conference in February to apologize for the team\'s sign-stealing scandal, they felt the comments made then qualified as \"sincere apologies,\" according to court filings.

\"The \'sign-stealing\' controversy has been a source of great disappointment to Astros fans as well as to the Astros organization,\" the team\'s lawyers wrote in legal responses to three lawsuits on Friday.

\"On several occasions, members of the Astros organization – including individual players and its Owner, Jim Crane – have expressed their sincere apologies and remorse for the events described in the report by the Commissioner of Major League Baseball.\"

At last month\'s press conference Crane said, \"I want to say again how sorry our team is for what happened. I want to also repeat this will never happen again on my watch ... We\'re apologizing because we broke the rules.\"

The Astros are being sued by multiple season ticketholders for breach of contract, negligence, and violations of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practice Act stemming from the sign-stealing scandal.

Via Mike Axisa/CBS Sports

Return to Wiretap Headlines Discussion