Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who right now is the leagues best NBA Player

Lebron James
33%
Kawhi
20%
KD (When healthy)
10%
Other
38%

Total votes: 210

Jazztop
Sixth Man
And1: 1,573

Re: Who is the best NBA Player in the world right now? 

Post#21 » by Jazztop » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:52 pm

Drygon wrote:Kawhi until someone dethrones him in playoffs.

He was better than LeBron, KD, Curry etc. back in playoffs 2017 & 2019.

Myth wrote:Ridiculous to not include the reigning MVP who was on track for a 2nd in a row MVP.

Regular season accomplishments is overrated.

LeBron hasn't won an MVP-award since 2013 and he was still NBA's best player for years (until Kawhi surpassed him).

Totally this. To be the champ you gotta beat the champ and even the KD lead warriors only chance against Kawhi was to Pa-cheapshot him out of the series.

This guy elevates in the playoffs.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,082

Post#22 » by mademan » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Id still take Lebron for a series. Sucks tho he might not get a chance at the 2020 chip. At his age, he can fall off any minute.
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#23 » by Pennebaker » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:34 am

You already know it's LeBron.

Giannis and Kawhi are not talented enough to compete with him.
Harry Garris
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,246

Post#24 » by Harry Garris » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:10 am

KGtabake wrote:
Drygon wrote:
Myth wrote:Ridiculous to not include the reigning MVP who was on track for a 2nd in a row MVP.

LeBron hasn't won an MVP-award since 2013 and he was still NBA's best player for years (until Kawhi surpassed him).

For me KD surpassed him before Kawhi. Still, not including Giannis and make it seem like it's obvious that these 3 are the obvious choices was a bad look(for the record i have all of KD, kawhi, LeBron above Giannis on my list).
Poll results reflect this.

I think how poorly the Warriors performed whenever Curry was out despite the fact that KD was still playing with 2 other all stars makes it hard to evaluate him. Sure, he was the best performer on the Warriors during their 2 finals wins. But if the reason why he was so successful was because of the other top 3 player on his team making things easier for him, how much credit does KD get for that?
Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,380

Post#25 » by Myth » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:20 am

Jazztop wrote:

Totally this. To be the champ you gotta beat the champ and even the KD lead warriors only chance against Kawhi was to Pa-cheapshot him out of the series.

This guy elevates in the playoffs.

It is one thing to have somebody over Giannis, but it is absurd to leave Giannis out of the conversation.
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,010

Post#26 » by levon » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:33 am

Lebron has basically mastered basketball outside of a consistent mid-range and free throw.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#27 » by freethedevil » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:42 am

KD went 6-4 in the first two rounds with Curry and Draymond. Giannis nearly won a title with middleton and bledsoe. :-?
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#28 » by Tracymcgoaty » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:44 am

Rudy Gobert
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#29 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:07 am

Drygon wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Drygon wrote:

For me KD surpassed him before Kawhi. Still, not including Giannis and make it seem like it's obvious that these 3 are the obvious choices was a bad look(for the record i have all of KD, kawhi, LeBron above Giannis on my list).

Nobody rated KD ahead of LeBron during playoffs 2017 & 2018 due to playing with a historically stacked deck. The Cavs were double/triple teaming Curry who was more impactful than KD ever was in GSW. There's a reason his stats & accomplishments are consistently being disrespected.

It's kinda hypocritical to suddenly prop up KD against Kawhi who is easily a better all-around player than KD.

Never mind that Kawhi had brought a Championship with less talent around him compared to KD in GSW.

Nobody? You're wrong on this one. There were people back then, there are people now.
There's nothing hypocritical on an opinion on a basketball forum.
And no, Kawhi isn't easily a better all around player than KD.
KD proved in the GS years that he was also a very good defender and a better playmaker than people thought in his OKC years.
Leave aside the fact that on the few mins he played last season in the Finals, he was the better player on the court.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#30 » by Gooner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:09 am

I like the fact that Giannis is not in the poll, that type of player can never be the best.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,463

Post#31 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am

Harry Garris wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Drygon wrote:

I think how poorly the Warriors performed whenever Curry was out despite the fact that KD was still playing with 2 other all stars makes it hard to evaluate him. Sure, he was the best performer on the Warriors during their 2 finals wins. But if the reason why he was so successful was because of the other top 3 player on his team making things easier for him, how much credit does KD get for that?

Aside maybe Dirk every big player needed star help to get a ring.
MJ and Pippen, LeBron and Wade/Bosh or Kyrie(or now AD), Kawhi and Lowry etc.
When you are the best player on a court that has LeBron, Curry, Kyrie, Love, Thompson etc on it, it shows much imo
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#32 » by Gooner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am

Harry Garris wrote:
KGtabake wrote:
Drygon wrote:

This is a team sport, teammates are supposed to make things easier for each other. KD came to a 73 win and made them better. That's not easy. KD as a leader can be questioned, but he is so good that he can be the best player even with those questions.
Hroz
Pro Prospect
And1: 468

Post#33 » by Hroz » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am

Lol at not including Giannis

But I got to go Kawhi
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Gooner » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:34 am

Pennebaker wrote:You already know it's LeBron.

Kawhi is, he is a more complete player than LeBron. He has a better mid range game, post up game, dribble, free throw shooting, three point shot, and he can match him physically, even exceed him in some areas as he is younger. Kawhi is the best right now until proven otherwise. LeBron missed the playoffs last year even though he had a great chance in the last 2 months with Clippers trading Tobias Harris.
Triples333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#35 » by Triples333 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 am

It's a debate (obviously). No clear best right now. Lebron, Curry, Kawhi and Giannis are the 4 front-runners though IMO.
svart
Analyst
And1: 3,311

Post#36 » by svart » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:03 pm

NY 567 wrote:Regular season- Giannis
Playoffs- LeBron

Spot on. Exactly like last year :lol:
''You don't need to be serious to be focused"
Philosopher and basketball player JaVale McGee
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,213

Post#37 » by dhsilv2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Jabroni Lames wrote:Giannis - his shooting is a fatal flaw in the playoffs and has never even been to the Finals. Could be just a product of Bud's system

Get out of here with THAT take! It's fine to question if he's got enough ways to adapt to different defenses, but "just a product of a system" is complete BS and you know it.
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,925

Post#38 » by Optms » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Pennebaker wrote:You already know it's LeBron.

Kawhi is too fragile. And Giannis is the James Harden of the East. Completely agree.
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#39 » by NY 567 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 pm

LeBron James was drafted into the NBA in 2003. 2003. And he's still the best player in the sport. The guy is just a phenom and a freak of nature.
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#40 » by tondi123 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:14 pm

You can count on at least one bizarre Lebron fanboy thread every day.

Return to The General Board