Christian Wood 'Feeling Great And Fully Recovered' After Testing Positive For COVID-19

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Christian Wood 'Feeling Great And Fully Recovered' After Testing Positive For COVID-19 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:16 am

Christian Wood has fully recovered after testing positive for COVID-19, according to his agent Adam Pensack.

Pensack said that Wood is "feeling great and fully recovered" after receiving a positive test on March 14th.

Wood, who still has to pass medical tests, is expected to be fully cleared on Thursday.

Via Dana Gauruder/Detroit Free Press

12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Re: Christian Wood 'Feeling Great And Fully Recovered' After Testing Positive For COVID-19 

Post#2 » by 12footrim » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:54 pm

It sounds like he faired pretty well with it and probably never has to worry about it again unless it mutates I guess. That is the one positive.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,822

Re: Christian Wood 'Feeling Great And Fully Recovered' After Testing Positive For COVID-19 

Post#3 » by KGdaBom » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm

12footrim wrote:It sounds like he faired pretty well with it and probably never has to worry about it again unless it mutates I guess. That is the one positive.

Is there any indication that people who contract it gain immunity or better resistance to it later?
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#4 » by MrMiyagi » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:16 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
12footrim wrote:It sounds like he faired pretty well with it and probably never has to worry about it again unless it mutates I guess. That is the one positive.

Is there any indication that people who contract it gain immunity or better resistance to it later?

Too early to tell.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#6 » by deeps6x » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:12 pm

KGdaBom wrote:

No, they do not. Tons of people are getting it a second time, and they are even more likely to die when they do, as their bodies are no longer as strong as the first time and the mortality rate is even greater than the first time you get it.

Y'all need to take every possible precaution because this thing is a real b*tch.
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#7 » by D21 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:50 pm

deeps6x wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

No, they do not. Tons of people are getting it a second time, and they are even more likely to die when they do, as their bodies are no longer as strong as the first time and the mortality rate is even greater than the first time you get it.

Y'all need to take every possible precaution because this thing is a real b*tch.

One thing to note is that you're talking about some cases being infected twice in SOME WEEKS. This means they the body won the first time, but it also means it was tired, so it may be easier to get ill one more time. Nobody knows at this time what it will be after fully recovring and several month or years later, but for sure, you're in best form one year later than one week later ;-)

And another thing, when you have a great health, it happens that you win so fast againt the virus that you don't create the maximum of antibodies you could create by fighting more days, and then, you end up getting it back easier. It happens with varicella, some people won easily the first time, then they have higher chances to get shingles later than people who got a hard varicella.
The longer you fight the first time, the more antibodies you get in general.

There is also some report that the fact we are massively avoiding to be infected will make it harder to fight it again, because when population is 70% infected, it creates a mass barrier against a virus comeback, but when only 30% of the population get infected, it's easier for the virus to be strong again...
It's stronger than the flu, but when a big part of the population get the flu, everybody is fighting it better
smann7
Sophomore
And1: 155

Post#8 » by smann7 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:44 pm

I’d like to see what info you have read on that. In some places they are already doing plasma injections from people who have recovered to people who have not. The thought being that the antibodies from the recovered patient can stimulate antibodies in the patient still fighting the sickness.

deeps6x wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#9 » by 12footrim » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:16 pm

smann7 wrote:I’d like to see what info you have read on that. In some places they are already doing plasma injections from people who have recovered to people who have not. The thought being that the antibodies from the recovered patient can stimulate antibodies in the patient still fighting the sickness.

deeps6x wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Is there any indication that people who contract it gain immunity or better resistance to it later?

I've read about the cases they thought were double contracted, but my understanding is they dismissed them as not fully recovered or you had false positives. I listed to Michael Osterholm and others and the prevailing thought is that you will get immunity and eventually there will be herd immunity that slows this down baring some sort of mutation. He admitted that the data isn't there to back it up yet but that was the expectation and he didn't sugarcoat anything else so I think that is real talk and the expectation.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource

Return to Wiretap Discussion