Contracting Player Pool Draft - Discussion Thread

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Re: Contracting Player Pool Draft - Discussion Thread 

Post#181 » by euroleague » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
Jon_3232 wrote:How did Snell not get DQ’d ? His roster page is nowhere near finished ? That really sucks for me and Fade who prob had decent shots in this and lost in a WC matchup. Don’t mean to complain but I just noticed now when looking at the Wackbone/Snel matchup, I always thought the rule was if no roster page it’s an automatic DQ.

Well chances are you would have had to go through Colbinii or Snake eventually so I think neither of you guys would have been the winners at the end anyways

well, speaking of Colbinii, it's been 24 hours. Would appreciate some votes, or Ardee doing something about resolved matches and TS not being here....
Jon_3232
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,942

Post#182 » by Jon_3232 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:10 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:
Jon_3232 wrote:How did Snell not get DQ’d ? His roster page is nowhere near finished ? That really sucks for me and Fade who prob had decent shots in this and lost in a WC matchup. Don’t mean to complain but I just noticed now when looking at the Wackbone/Snel matchup, I always thought the rule was if no roster page it’s an automatic DQ.

Well chances are you would have had to go through Colbinii or Snake eventually so I think neither of you guys would have been the winners at the end anyways

Possibly, but we were put out of the game before it even started when someone made it who never even finished their roster.

I’m just sour tho cuz the last two games I’ve been swept by someone who never posted a roster for our matchup then snell made it over me when he didn’t even finish his roster page lol.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#183 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:23 pm

I didn’t realize 2020 players were available
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#184 » by Dr Positivity » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:28 pm

Jon_3232 wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:

Possibly, but we were put out of the game before it even started when someone made it who never even finished their roster.

I’m just sour tho cuz the last two games I’ve been swept by someone who never posted a roster for our matchup then snell made it over me when he didn’t even finish his roster page lol.

I actually would have voted for you in that one but I messed up and thought neither of you posted write ups at the time. Not sure if it would’ve been enough to change the result though.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#185 » by Snakebites » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Yeah, that's why I don't get bent out of shape too badly about it, because had I lost to Fade I figure I wouldn't have been able to take it anyway.

But yeah, it's certainly true that a team that doesn't finish shouldn't be treated the same way in terms of randomization. If I make the final 4, or if Colbini does, we will have had to beat 2 teams to get there, whereas Wack won't have to have beaten any.

Again, for future games, simply disqualify anyone who doesn't finish their page on time.

I don't think Snell's team would have contended in this game anyway, though. I think Wack would have made short work.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,776

Post#186 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:10 pm

The next game really needs to have at least 12 participants.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 19,764

Post#187 » by Colbinii » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:28 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:The next game really needs to have at least 12 participants.

Yeah, sorry. As I said in my versus thread I have picked up a part-time job on top of my full-time job to help out people who shouldn't be leaving their homes. In the state I live in we are entering a lock-down on Friday night for 2 weeks and I wanted to be able to help people who needed it during that time.

My full-time job isn't making us work the next few weeks [starting Monday] so I will have more time starting then.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#188 » by Fadeaway_J » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:40 pm

Colbinii wrote:

Yeah, sorry. As I said in my versus thread I have picked up a part-time job on top of my full-time job to help out people who shouldn't be leaving their homes. In the state I live in we are entering a lock-down on Friday night for 2 weeks and I wanted to be able to help people who needed it during that time.

My full-time job isn't making us work the next few weeks [starting Monday] so I will have more time starting then.

I'm not bothered about you missing the deadline at all, real life is real life and you're obviously spending yours the right way. :lol: I wasn't even able to vote most of the day anyway because of work.

My problem is, when we don't have enough people the games become a lot less satisfying for a variety of reasons that I've covered before. For one thing, you can't even feel that great about your team when you're picking from a pool that could easily serve five or six more people. :lol:
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#189 » by Colbinii » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:42 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I'm not bothered about you missing the deadline at all, real life is real life and you're obviously spending yours the right way. :lol: I wasn't even able to vote most of the day anyway because of work.

My problem is, when we don't have enough people the games become a lot less satisfying for a variety of reasons that I've covered before. For one thing, you can't even feel that great about your team when you're picking from a pool that could easily serve five or six more people. :lol:

Another thing was I didn't know when Ardee posted. I was hoping he posted around 3-4 [It is 6:42 my time] and I figured I would quickly have time to make my post this evening...oops :lol:

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,233

Post#190 » by ardee » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:01 am

Well normally that happens when we choose a top 4. When I was making the wildcard matchups I didn't realize he had gone missing, would have DQed him and gone with one WC matchup.

Had a few brain farts running this game, my bad. Just been uber stressed with what's going on.

Sent from my SM-A505F using RealGM mobile app
ardee
RealGM

Post#191 » by ardee » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:01 am

Ok looks like we're all done with round 1. Making the conference final matchups.

ardee
RealGM

Post#192 » by ardee » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:03 am

Ardee vs euroleague
Wackbone vs Snakebites

euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#193 » by euroleague » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:27 am

Colbinii wrote:

I forgive you for missing our match. :D :D
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#194 » by Colbinii » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:37 am

euroleague wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

I forgive you for missing our match. :D :D

:beer:

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#195 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:39 pm

ardee wrote:Ardee vs euroleague
Wackbone vs Snakebites

Finals time

Return to Trades and Transactions Games