Worst Championship Team Since 2007?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Worst Championship Team Since 2007?

2007 Spurs
9%
2008 Celtics
4%
2010 Lakers
14%
2011 Mavericks
20%
2015 Warriors
13%
2019 Raptors
35%
Other
5%

Total votes: 252

Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Re: Worst Championship Team Since 2007? 

Post#181 » by Woody Allen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:39 am

Liam_Gallagher wrote:I left out ones who had no chance to be the worst such as '09 Lakers, '12 and '13 Heat, '14 Spurs, '16 Cavs, '17 and '18 Warriors.

What's the logic there? There seems to be none.
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,219

Post#182 » by Archerbro » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:17 am

Slim Charlez wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:
Slim Charlez wrote:Idk about that last bit. Pau 2010 was one of the top 2 reasons the Lakers won the title, don't think I'd have Siakam and Lowry ahead of him at all.

I mean, it's all in context. Pau was great in 2010, but a 7 footer who can't shoot three's would be hard to start in a modern game.

I don't think he starts over Ibaka today...or his brother tbh. Never mind Siakam or Lowry.

I think a prime Pau in 2019 is probably a rich mans Brook Lopez, but yeah that's why it's kinda pointless to compare teams from different eras even if it's only a 9 year difference it's completely different ways to play the sport basically when you look at what both teams valued in their style of play.

I think he's a better version of Adebayou in 2019. Pau was always a good passer, and im sure he would stretch the floor too.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,714

Post#183 » by metafisical » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 am

Firespo wrote:
metafisical wrote:2019 Raps are one of the greatest of all time. The Raps playoff run was among the best runs in all of sports history.

Lmao keep telling yourself this rap fans :lol:

The sixers were beyond a mess, jimmy butler even said how dysfunctional that Sixers team was. They only got as far as they did by talent alone

And im sorry but I dont see the bucks or giannis as a successful playoff team/playoff performer. If we have a playoffs this year the bucks will show everyone that they are a dominant regular season team but a mediocre playoff team. Giannis will struggle after the 2nd round.

Pound for pound, the 2019 Raps are the best team in any kind of organized sports ever. Our playoff run was the single greatest achievement, not only in sports history, but human history.

A loads of peer reviewed studies and several reputable surveys back up all my claims.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Firespo
Junior
And1: 533

Post#184 » by Firespo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:41 am

metafisical wrote:
Firespo wrote:
metafisical wrote:2019 Raps are one of the greatest of all time. The Raps playoff run was among the best runs in all of sports history.

Lmao keep telling yourself this rap fans :lol:

The sixers were beyond a mess, jimmy butler even said how dysfunctional that Sixers team was. They only got as far as they did by talent alone

And im sorry but I dont see the bucks or giannis as a successful playoff team/playoff performer. If we have a playoffs this year the bucks will show everyone that they are a dominant regular season team but a mediocre playoff team. Giannis will struggle after the 2nd round.

Pound for pound, the 2019 Raps are the best team in any kind of organized sports ever. Our playoff run was the single greatest achievement, not only in sports history, but human history.

A loads of peer reviewed studies and several reputable surveys back up all my claims.
lmao whatever helps you sleep at night bud.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#185 » by whysoserious » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:56 pm

From the OP, you folks didn't disappoint in dismissing the Raptors championship run. As with anything Raptors related from the outside, focus on their failures, dismiss their successes.

I'll admit the Raptors were very fortunate that the Warriors were not healthy in the finals and after 5 straight finals, that catches up to you but that will never dismiss just how good that Raptors team was last year. Is it one of the greatest teams ever? Of course not, but trying to classify them as worst champion....LMAO.
BigDocta898
Rookie
And1: 1,384

Post#186 » by BigDocta898 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 pm

Roco14 wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:
Just because the Raptors beat the Warriors without KD doesn't mean they "cheaped out" on a championship. Warriors with KD were considered one of the most stacked teams of all time and were still actually favoured to win by a majority without him. Yes, Klay got hurt too but the Raptors dominated most of the series with him playing too.

Raptors beat the Sixers and Bucks who most would consider one of the hardest paths to a NBA finals. Do Lebron's titles mean nothing because he was always able to sleep to a Finals appearance year after year? I'd argue that no team in the East had to go through 2 better teams in recent memory.

Raptors lost their best player (Kawhi), who many consider the best player in the NBA, and still have the 3rd best record right now. How many other teams from this list can do that? Either that means Kawhi is overrated or the Raptors cast is underrated. You can pick which one that is...

Stop it, 2 of the top 3 stars were injured for Warriors. Star power is everything. Raptors would have won 1 game at best, if Warriors were not injured and that is generous.

Steph played 24/24 quarters
Draymond played 24/24 quarters
Klay played 19/24 quarters

KD was out.

Are you telling me that the "poor old warriors" that won 73 games needed a fully healthy KD just to beat the trash raptors, who are supposedly one of the worst championship teams of all time?

The sick wicked plot by main stream American media is working on them too devalue the raptors they hate that a Canadian team won
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,088

Post#187 » by Bornstellar » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:33 pm

These threads make me realize how young some people are here :lol: People talk about the Kobe/Pau Lakers like they were ancient history some many generations ago when it's only been 10 years. The game has not evolved THAT much aside from the three point chuckfest. And Gasol was shooting 3s as a pretty decent % toward the end of his career. I can't believe someone insinuated 2010 Pau wouldn't start on the Raps in place of current Ibaka :lol:
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 907

Post#188 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:43 pm

nizaam wrote:Injuries are part of the game. Otherwise portland should have one a couple chips with oden roy and aldridge. Thats why you got to pick non injury prone players and have lots of depth, if you are top heavy one injury could mess up the team

portland wouldnt have one any chips with oden roy aldridge even if helthey
ShadyMoney
Junior
And1: 157

Post#189 » by ShadyMoney » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:55 am

Easily the Raptors
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,442

Post#190 » by Jables » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:46 pm

Gotta be the 2010 Lakers, even when I **** talked Kobe with the rest of the chumps I'd still give him credit for making Celtics fans whine about Kendrick bloody Perkins being the reason they lost the finals.

Raptors are a much better roster, Bynum as your third best player just seems funny now. Lamar Odom looked like a superstar off the bench just because everyone else sucked.

However people **** talking Pau need to look at the team in the context of the era, he carried that team when Kobe was missing and looked like a million bucks.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#191 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Sorry Canada
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
tanuki1031
Starter
And1: 3,341

Post#192 » by tanuki1031 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:48 pm

KonKrete wrote:As a fan of a team that hasn't won a championship since 1971, I can't wait to be included in worst championship teams lists.

Truth.

I voted Raptors just as a reminder to y'all that this team won the most recent Championship, whereas your janky ass team didn't and/or haven't at all. You don't even get a seat at the table. Suck it.

While we're at it, the 2019 Raptors Championship rings have the most heft physically and monetarily. Suck it.
G-Mamba
Junior
And1: 475

Post#193 » by G-Mamba » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:59 pm

Looool this is the 2015 warriors.... they had the least impressive run.

Mike Conley and Tony Allen were injuried and missed some games in the second round I believe.
Cavs had love and kyrie injuried... and still took them 6 games.

Raptors still beat warriors 2 games with klay playing.

2010 Lakers had tough path to the final itself. That year he 8th seed was the 50 win thunder.

Mavs had the best run off all time.
Jayt99
Rookie
And1: 1,552

Post#194 » by Jayt99 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:20 pm

15 warriors
OfficialRef
Sixth Man
And1: 2,387

Post#195 » by OfficialRef » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:48 pm

Its the mavs come on people. They beat teams off of their streaky shooting and dirk going off before the finals. Then they took advantage of a heat team with a choking lebron

The raptors probably wouldn't beat a healthy warriors team but beating the bucks and 76ers was extremely impressive. The Mavs did well but they overplayed.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,948

Post#196 » by Liam_Gallagher » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:18 pm

The 15 Warriors almost lost to James/Delly/Thompson.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#197 » by jimmy keys » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:20 pm

G-Mamba wrote:Looool this is the 2015 warriors.... they had the least impressive run.

Mike Conley and Tony Allen were injuried and missed some games in the second round I believe.
Cavs had love and kyrie injuried... and still took them 6 games.

Raptors still beat warriors 2 games with klay playing.

2010 Lakers had tough path to the final itself. That year he 8th seed was the 50 win thunder.

Mavs had the best run off all time.

The 2019 Raptors basically beat the 2015 Warriors. The Warriors were very average without KD too. I actually don't even know how they made the Finals. The West was trash last year. The real Finals was Toronto vs. Milwaukee. I knew they had in the bag after that series.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,804

Post#198 » by TravisScott55 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:58 pm

MindState wrote:2019 Raptors and it’s not even close. Don’t even need to state details. Everyone already knows. Will be the most forgotten Championship ever, remembered in Canada but forgotten everywhere else. The Media doesn’t even acknlowedge it happening basically.

Did you fix the mold problem in your mom's basement?
Roco14
Sixth Man
And1: 3,551

Post#199 » by Roco14 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:05 pm

Bornstellar wrote:These threads make me realize how young some people are here :lol: People talk about the Kobe/Pau Lakers like they were ancient history some many generations ago when it's only been 10 years. The game has not evolved THAT much aside from the three point chuckfest. And Gasol was shooting 3s as a pretty decent % toward the end of his career. I can't believe someone insinuated 2010 Pau wouldn't start on the Raps in place of current Ibaka :lol:

You're downplaying the "3 point chuckfest" just a little bit, don't you think? It's changed the game dramatically to the point that I'd argue even a Houston team of today would have a shot at beating the Kobe-Pau lakers, certainly the bucks. Now, if the Lakers team was up to date on the evolution of the game and they were shooting 3's at a normal clip in todays game, that's a different story. But statistically speaking a team from a decade ago would struggle heavily in today's NBA climate.
JustWin wrote:Masai when asked about the teams problems and if he plans on making a move:

"Uhhh, dis a tuff one guiys.. hehe"
Bornstellar
Head Coach
And1: 17,088

Post#200 » by Bornstellar » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:31 pm

Roco14 wrote:
Bornstellar wrote:These threads make me realize how young some people are here :lol: People talk about the Kobe/Pau Lakers like they were ancient history some many generations ago when it's only been 10 years. The game has not evolved THAT much aside from the three point chuckfest. And Gasol was shooting 3s as a pretty decent % toward the end of his career. I can't believe someone insinuated 2010 Pau wouldn't start on the Raps in place of current Ibaka :lol:

You're downplaying the "3 point chuckfest" just a little bit, don't you think? It's changed the game dramatically to the point that I'd argue even a Houston team of today would have a shot at beating the Kobe-Pau lakers, certainly the bucks. Now, if the Lakers team was up to date on the evolution of the game and they were shooting 3's at a normal clip in todays game, that's a different story. But statistically speaking a team from a decade ago would struggle heavily in today's NBA climate.

No they wouldn't. You act like teams from different eras playing now wouldn't be able to adjust like they wouldn't understand the rules and how the game is played now. :crazy: Spurs teams in the 2000s were always loaded with shooters to play out of Duncan double teams. You insert any previous champ since 2007 and I guarantee they are one of the top teams in the league again this year.

Return to The General Board