Semi-OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread V (Read Post 1 & FAQ)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Re: Semi-OT: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread V (Read Post 1 & FAQ) 

Post#961 » by MotownMadness » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:43 pm

Im actually not even that shocked about Wayne county MI getting so bad. Metro Airport is a rock throw from my house and ive grown up with Planes flying over my house every 2 mins.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#962 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Not sure what it's like in other places but apparently the reporting in Ohio so far is not mandatory at non public facilities still so the number of those being tested does not have to be reported and it looks like most private testers are either not reporting the number of tested and only voluntarily reporting the number of infected so this is troubling when trying to get a good picture of the scope of the virus in the area.
I find it incredibly disturbing that it is not yet mandatory for all testing facilities to report not only positive test results but the actual totals of test being administered.
I am pretty sure the lack of volume of people moved through the system locally with long waits and lots of turn-aways that there is nowhere close to enough people being tested to make those daily infected numbers that are reported a % to be confident about.
https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/
I feel sorry for those who tried to suck it up and thought this would be another bird flu.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,021

Post#963 » by Driguez » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:44 pm

Question for those who have gotten it, any of you started it with stomach discomfort and a major headache? Started with those symptoms last night and not feeling any better today. Not terrible but the headache is nonstop, today got chills, low grade fever, a little tired, runny nose but jot sure if it's due to allergies. Don't have any other symptoms for now like dry cough or difficulty breathing, decided to auto isolate for a week to be cautious. Scary times.
"We all we got"- SVG
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#964 » by LKN » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:47 pm

Yeah, like any bill there's pork and giveaways... but I do think this will really help some people who need it

Read on Twitter
?s=20
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#965 » by MotownMadness » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:48 pm

Driguez wrote:Question for those who have gotten it, any of you started it with stomach discomfort and a major headache? Started with those symptoms last night and not feeling any better today. Not terrible but the headache is nonstop, today got chills, low grade fever, a little tired. Don't have any other symptoms for now like dry cough or difficulty breathing, decided to auto isolate for a week to be cautious. Scary times.

IDK but i just had all that and was getting concerned until i started puking. Ive been down and out with some sort of stomach bug but its getting better.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#966 » by MotownMadness » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:53 pm

LKN wrote:Yeah, like any bill there's pork and giveaways... but I do think this will really help some people who need it

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Is that unemployment a actual set amount for everyone?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#967 » by Stillwater » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:54 pm

Driguez wrote:Question for those who have gotten it, any of you started it with stomach discomfort and a major headache? Started with those symptoms last night and not feeling any better today. Not terrible but the headache is nonstop, today got chills, low grade fever, a little tired, runny nose but jot sure if it's due to allergies. Don't have any other symptoms for now like dry cough or difficulty breathing, decided to auto isolate for a week to be cautious. Scary times.

Sorry don't know but here is a good looking link from a reputable sitehttps://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200310/know-the-symptoms-of-covid19
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Doug_12
Senior
And1: 440

Post#968 » by Doug_12 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 pm

Driguez wrote:Question for those who have gotten it, any of you started it with stomach discomfort and a major headache? Started with those symptoms last night and not feeling any better today. Not terrible but the headache is nonstop, today got chills, low grade fever, a little tired, runny nose but jot sure if it's due to allergies. Don't have any other symptoms for now like dry cough or difficulty breathing, decided to auto isolate for a week to be cautious. Scary times.

I had the same approx 2 and a half weeks ago. Started w/ the stomach, then headache, then slightly increased temperature (no fever) and some cough. It took me a week or so and since then everything is fine.

I never got tested but still I very strongly believe it was not coronavirus. I mean: we don't know what's the ratio of asymptomatic people, but those symptoms can be anything. Can be a simple cold, can be some other virus infection or can be psychosomatic as well.
Triples333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,671

Post#969 » by Triples333 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:04 pm

LKN wrote:Yeah, like any bill there's pork and giveaways... but I do think this will really help some people who need it

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It will help a ton of people. MANY will be receiving the biggest "pay raise" of their life. I will say that drug dealers are probably salivating right now (as well as Amazon), and that part of this is unfortunate. In an ideal world the $600 a week extra would have to be directly allocated for rent, utilities and food, but that is not realistic to accomplish on short notice. Here's hoping most people pocket some of this money and/or use it to help get out of debt.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,812

Post#970 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:06 pm

basketballRob wrote:
KingDavid wrote:So this is today's number of infected in SOUTH Florida, specifically Miami-Dade and Broward counties. Broken down by city. A reminder for all of you; only the critically ill and first responders are tested. That's it. I would bet the house that the actual number is immeasurably higher than this.

Spoiler:
Miami, 331

Hollywood 183

Fort Lauderdale 83

Miami Beach 74

Hialeah 62

Miramar 35

Davie 21

Wilton Manors 19

Weston 19

Miami Gardens 16

Missing 16

Aventura 14

Oakland Park 13

North Miami Beach 13

Hallandale 12

Missing 11

Homestead 11

Pompano Beach 10

Key Biscayne 10

Coral Springs 10

Plantation 10

Coral Gables 10

Pembroke Pines 9

Sunrise 9

Doral 8

Opa Locka 7

Tamarac 7

North Miami 6

Parkland 6

Key West, Monroe 5

Coconut Creek 4

Lauderhill 4

Margate 4

Coconut Grove 3

Key Largo, Monroe 3

Miami Lakes 3

South Miami 3

Cooper City 3

Dania 3

Deerfield Beach 2

Surfside 2

Bal Harbour 2

North Lauderdale 2

Golden Beach 2

Biscayne Park 2

Pinecrest 1

Sunny Isles Beach 1

Davie 1

Lauderdale Lakes 1

Miami Shores 1

Fisher Island 1

Carol City 1

Florida City 1

Summerland Key, Monroe 1
They only test health care workers and people over 65 with symptoms, here in Florida.

http://orange.floridahealth.gov/newsroom/2020/03/coronavirus-3.html
Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Semantics, but that's specifically for drive-thru testing. That's not the only way to get tested.
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,554

Post#971 » by OkcSinceSGA » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#972 » by bondom34 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:15 pm

Not directly disease related, but a good deed.

Read on Twitter
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
LKN
General Manager
And1: 15,580

Post#973 » by LKN » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Triples333 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

It will help a ton of people. MANY will be receiving the biggest "pay raise" of their life. I will say that drug dealers are probably salivating right now (as well as Amazon), and that part of this is unfortunate. In an ideal world the $600 a week extra would have to be directly allocated for rent, utilities and food, but that is not realistic to accomplish on short notice. Here's hoping most people pocket some of this money and/or use it to help get out of debt.

From an economic standpoint the best thing for everyone would be if people spent all the money as fast as possible (even if that's not what is best for people individually)
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,258

Post#974 » by mademan » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:20 pm

LKN wrote:
Triples333 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

From an economic standpoint the best thing for everyone would be if people spent all the money as fast as possible (even if that's not what is best for people individually)

Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,618

Post#975 » by Swish1906 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 pm

The best indicator is the loss of your tasting/smelling senses because thats a typical symptom of corona but not a symptom of the common flu.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,812

Post#976 » by KingDavid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:29 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app

The thing you can't see, his alveoli are at the end of those respiratory trees, is what is alarming. That's a LOT of surface area that's saturated. It's the O2>co2 exchange that occurs in alveoli. It's like the virus is specifically targeting that tissue. Oh man that's bad. I hope that man can recover, but....
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#979 » by basketballRob » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 pm

I could have interpreted it wrong and it might just be 20% of the ones hospitalized. I saw the 1 in 5 in a couple places.

My bad, i do think i got it wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#980 » by Metallikid » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:51 pm

Doug_12 wrote:

I had the same approx 2 and a half weeks ago. Started w/ the stomach, then headache, then slightly increased temperature (no fever) and some cough. It took me a week or so and since then everything is fine.

I never got tested but still I very strongly believe it was not coronavirus. I mean: we don't know what's the ratio of asymptomatic people, but those symptoms can be anything. Can be a simple cold, can be some other virus infection or can be psychosomatic as well.

Everybody here who has said that they're having flu-like symptoms but not Covid symptoms is forgetting that you could have asymptomatic Covid, reducing the strength of your immune system, and now you've got Covid and a regular flu.

Return to The General Board