ImageImage

Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Packers Talking Extension with Aaron Jones

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,145

Re: Packers 2020 Offseason Thread - Pack sign WR Funchess (pg. 25) 

Post#541 » by JEIS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Treebeard wrote:The Funchess signing seems like a lateral move. Who is he supposed to replace, or even give serious competition to? The other signings made sense to me, but this one doesn't. Not terrible, but kinda pointless.

They may try to use him like they did Jermichael Finley. Put him at TE to replace Graham.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#542 » by Treebeard » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Unless the money is wrong, I don't see how anyone can be down on the Funchess signing. His best year was better than any receiver on the roster not named Adams, and he is only 25. That's the whole point of this process. Improving as many positions as possible if it makes financial sense.

IF the money is as its being reported, then the deal certainly looks better. At a higher price tag, it wouldn't look so hot.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#543 » by Treebeard » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:09 pm

JEIS wrote:
Treebeard wrote:The Funchess signing seems like a lateral move. Who is he supposed to replace, or even give serious competition to? The other signings made sense to me, but this one doesn't. Not terrible, but kinda pointless.

They may try to use him like they did Jermichael Finley. Put him at TE to replace Graham.

The TE situation will be interesting to see how it plays out. Looney is another experiment to watch too.

Or, does Gute throw a curve and pick one of the TE prospects in round 2 or 3? That would surprise a little at this point.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,145

Post#544 » by JEIS » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Treebeard wrote:
JEIS wrote:

The TE situation will be interesting to see how it plays out. Looney is another experiment to watch too.

Or, does Gute throw a curve and pick one of the TE prospects in round 2 or 3? That would surprise a little at this point.

I think he might draft a TE if one of the better ones are still out there. We were at our best when we gave Rodgers all the options. Our WR/TE positions have been greatly depleted over the past few years. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes WR round one if there is a good one that falls.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Post#545 » by Daver » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:24 pm

Your on the clock at 30 your staring at higgins and jefferson and reagor who you take
James1980
Veteran
And1: 380

Post#546 » by James1980 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:12 pm

Daver wrote:Your on the clock at 30 your staring at higgins and jefferson and reagor who you take

Jefferson
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#547 » by Treebeard » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Daver wrote:Your on the clock at 30 your staring at higgins and jefferson and reagor who you take

Reagor and Higgins seem to be dropping in the mocks - For what that's worth....

If the list is only those three, I still like Reagor for his speed. Otherwise, Jefferson

Actually, I might prefer Mims or Aiyuk to the three that were listed.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#548 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Read on Twitter

Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,493

Post#549 » by Profound23 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Jefferson looks like the Kevin King of wide receivers.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#550 » by Daver » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 pm

Treebeard wrote:

If the list is only those three, I still like Reagor for his speed. Otherwise, Jefferson

I have seen to mocks over last month that had higgins at 30 and 1 mock that had higgins at 30 and Aiyuk to the packers in the 2nd with a trade up to 50 wow that would be a A+ in my book
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#551 » by M-C-G » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 pm

Daver wrote:
Treebeard wrote:

I have seen to mocks over last month that had higgins at 30 and 1 mock that had higgins at 30 and Aiyuk to the packers in the 2nd with a trade up to 50 wow that would be a A+ in my book

Not scared off by Higgins testing at all? It was brutal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#552 » by Daver » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:31 am

M-C-G wrote:
Daver wrote:
Treebeard wrote:Reagor and Higgins seem to be dropping in the mocks - For what that's worth....

That it was which is why he is dropping but all the football know it alls say he plays much faster than his workout times and 4 of the 6 guys rated him best wr in class in terms of hands getting open etc im not scared they said hes a very talented wr who will make lots of teams regret passing him by
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#553 » by Ayt » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 am

Treebeard wrote:
JEIS wrote:

They took Sternberger in the 3rd last year. I don't see them using another relatively high pick on a TE.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#554 » by sdn40 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:03 am

A DL
Gonna be a lot of disappointed fans clamoring for a WR at 30
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#555 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:27 am

Daver wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
Daver wrote:

That it was which is why he is dropping but all the football know it alls say he plays much faster than his workout times and 4 of the 6 guys rated him best wr in class in terms of hands getting open etc im not scared they said hes a very talented wr who will make lots of teams regret passing him by

I don’t see how Tee gives us anything different than what we largely already have. Not saying he may not be better, but we need a dynamic, YAC WR desperately on this roster. If Tee slides to the second then sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BallinBucks420
Pro Prospect
And1: 108

Post#556 » by BallinBucks420 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 am

If Funchess is getting what Agholor got then this signing is at least a B
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#557 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:13 pm

Read on Twitter

Love this move. Nice to have a reliable returner and I'd find a way to use him a little on O too.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,461

Post#558 » by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:43 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Love this move. Nice to have a reliable returner and I'd find a way to use him a little on O too.

Agreed. I loved the spots LaFleur put him in towards the end of the year with jet sweets and reverses etc.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#559 » by Treebeard » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Agreed. I loved the spots LaFleur put him in towards the end of the year with jet sweets and reverses etc.

I like this move too. Still, it would be good to bring another returner onto the roster, probably via the draft. As we saw last year, it was pretty weak without Ervin.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#560 » by neiLz » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:30 pm

What's the number you think Aaron Jones gets in FA next year? What's the cutoff? I don't think the pack should spend over 7-8 mil for a RB (and that is kind of high). They may go RB semi-early this year just in case Jones is priced out of their budget.

They have tough choices to make going into next year.

Return to Green Bay Packers