ImageImageImage

Christian Wood tests positive for Covid

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Re: Christian Wood tests positive for Covid 

Post#21 » by jakebernat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:48 pm

just wanna say that despite having differences and arguments with many of you on here, I truly hope that everyone is in good heath and taking this very seriously. I love having these debates no matter how heated they get. this place is an escape for me from the casual fans that we all come into contact with everyday. stay safe, y’all!
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,485

Post#22 » by whitehops » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:36 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:I like the tests done in Australia using a partial combination of the Malaria vaccine and the HIV supression drug. Apparently, some people tested with it, the virus disappeared.

my understanding is that part of what takes so much time is that they have to do a battery of testing to ensure that the vaccine is perfectly safe, which takes hundreds (or thousands) of tests.

if they, for example, do 100 tests and it cures COVID-19 but a side effect is kidney failure in 3 of the 100 cases, it won't get approved.

so they have to go back to the lab, tweak the vaccine, etc. do another whole new bunch of tets, rinse and repeat.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#23 » by MotownMadness » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:44 am

whitehops wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I like the tests done in Australia using a partial combination of the Malaria vaccine and the HIV supression drug. Apparently, some people tested with it, the virus disappeared.

my understanding is that part of what takes so much time is that they have to do a battery of testing to ensure that the vaccine is perfectly safe, which takes hundreds (or thousands) of tests.

if they, for example, do 100 tests and it cures COVID-19 but a side effect is kidney failure in 3 of the 100 cases, it won't get approved.

so they have to go back to the lab, tweak the vaccine, etc. do another whole new bunch of tets, rinse and repeat.

Yeah lots of trials involved which causes them to take a year to come out
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,607

Post#24 » by Snakebites » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:18 pm

whitehops wrote:

Testing is the biggest barrier, yes.

After that mass production takes some time too.

We have to hope various measures being taken now, plus maybe a little help from the weather ( some data suggests that warm weather MIGHT help slow the spread, but all information at this stage is not definitive) will diminish it somewhat. Failing in that we are in big trouble.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,665

Post#25 » by Invictus88 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:43 pm

whitehops wrote:if they, for example, do 100 tests and it cures COVID-19 but a side effect is kidney failure in 3 of the 100 cases, it won't get approved.

I mean, we have 2 of them... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,665

Post#26 » by Invictus88 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:51 pm

Snakebites wrote:
whitehops wrote:

Testing is the biggest barrier, yes.

After that mass production takes some time too.

We have to hope various measures being taken now, plus maybe a little help from the weather ( some data suggests that warm weather MIGHT help slow the spread, but all information at this stage is not definitive) will diminish it somewhat. Failing in that we are in big trouble.

In the "outside the box idea that probably would never work and is likely abject horrible" category:

If we could somehow determine better which people are susceptible to serious cases, could we take a chicken-pox strategy for this?

1. Have all the people who have high risk factors stay at home.
2. Tell all the people who won't be permanently affected to all get together and purposely get sick, so they are all sick at the same time.
3. Have all of those people self quarantine for the 15 days or whatever it is until they are free from the virus.

Once all of those people are in the clear you now have a majority of folks who will no longer be susceptible or transmit the disease.

4. Give the all-clear sign for the susceptible to high infection people come out.

I can already think of holes as to why this would at least be risky and likely wouldn't work (everyone would have to follow step 2 to the T and how do you care for the at risk elderly folks if you are purposely sick). But I'm bored :)
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#27 » by SamFlow » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:17 pm

pistonsbball wrote:Any sort of news like that is good news right now. Could possibly be developed quicker due to those two treatments already exisiting and being known quantities?

First the powerful, rich, and famous will get it. Then they will decide who if any of the majority of people will get it or not. Will be willing to let iran die out. They would love that. They view us as bottom feeders... cockroaches and shrimp.
BigDaddyJungle
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,543

Post#28 » by pistonsbball » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:07 am

SamFlow wrote:
pistonsbball wrote:Any sort of news like that is good news right now. Could possibly be developed quicker due to those two treatments already exisiting and being known quantities?

First the powerful, rich, and famous will get it. Then they will decide who if any of the majority of people will get it or not. Will be willing to let iran die out. They would love that. They view us as bottom feeders... cockroaches and shrimp.

They need a healthy populace to make them money though.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#29 » by Snakebites » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:41 pm

I've been walking at night lately since it's the time when nobody else is out. Social distancing and all that.

I walked past a house where people were having a PARTY. There were tons of cars parked outside and there was a ton of noise in their backyard.

People are just so freaking stupid...
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,441

Post#30 » by Canadafan » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:09 pm

Snakebites wrote:I've been walking at night lately since it's the time when nobody else is out. Social distancing and all that.

I walked past a house where people were having a PARTY. There were tons of cars parked outside and there was a ton of noise in their backyard.

Incredibly stupid. I think some people deal with things differently obviously so lots of people probably just couldn't grasp how all of this has unfolded. So they've attempted to continue on with their daily lives. And then others are just plain stupid lol
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#31 » by jakebernat » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Snakebites wrote:I've been walking at night lately since it's the time when nobody else is out. Social distancing and all that.

everything in me would’ve wanted to throw a brick through their windows but that would would only make things worse. I probably would’ve just screamed some very choice words into the backyard. the amount of people still not taking this seriously need to be eradicated.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#32 » by Snakebites » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:41 pm

Canadafan wrote:

Incredibly stupid. I think some people deal with things differently obviously so lots of people probably just couldn't grasp how all of this has unfolded. So they've attempted to continue on with their daily lives. And then others are just plain stupid lol

I don’t care why they’re doing it. It’s stupid.

Normal’s gone. If we want it to come back we need to accept that and quit acting like bad things aren’t happening.

I’m often told I’m overly judgmental. Right now I don’t care. No sympathy for people who won’t get with the program. We don’t have time for it, and people are dying.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#33 » by Pharaoh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:43 pm

Snakebites wrote:
Canadafan wrote:

I don’t care why they’re doing it. It’s stupid.

Normal’s gone. If we want it to come back we need to accept that and quit acting like bad things aren’t happening.

I’m often told I’m overly judgmental. Right now I don’t care. No sympathy for people who won’t get with the program. We don’t have time for it, and people are dying.
Given some of the stuff you've posted about depression and anxiety I think it's safe to say you see the world in a different way to many.

Thats a very good thing!

Anyone that tells you that you're overly judgemental or too sensitive? Yeah nah remove them from your life as much as possible.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#34 » by MotownMadness » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:48 pm

Hes fully recovered now after 2 negative tests.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#35 » by Manocad » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:33 am

My neighborhood has a ton of people out walking their dogs, jogging, riding bikes, etc. I’ve taken the opportunity to go full Gran Torino on the neighborhood by standing on my porch holding my AR-15 (and I’ve got one of the really decked out, total tactical mofo looking ones) and yelling “ISOLATE, carriers!” at everyone who goes by. May as well have a little fun with it, you know?
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#36 » by Pharaoh » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:49 am

Manocad wrote:My neighborhood has a ton of people out walking their dogs, jogging, riding bikes, etc. I’ve taken the opportunity to go full Gran Torino on the neighborhood by standing on my porch holding my AR-15 (and I’ve got one of the really decked out, total tactical mofo looking ones) and yelling “ISOLATE, carriers!” at everyone who goes by. May as well have a little fun with it, you know?
That's gold! Tell 'em!

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#37 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:31 pm

I don't think someone walking their dogs can spread this virus. Besides, if one city does a shutdown but the next county does not, it is not like the virus won't spread once Shutdown is over. But, if they shut down the entire country for 2 weeks, we should all never leave the house for 2 straight weeks.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#38 » by Manocad » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:24 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I don't think someone walking their dogs can spread this virus. Besides, if one city does a shutdown but the next county does not, it is not like the virus won't spread once Shutdown is over. But, if they shut down the entire country for 2 weeks, we should all never leave the house for 2 straight weeks.

I’d never hurt a dog. However I might fire a warning shot at Karen and her friend Karen who aren’t related/live in the same house but are walking together.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,574

Post#39 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:36 pm

Manocad wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I don't think someone walking their dogs can spread this virus. Besides, if one city does a shutdown but the next county does not, it is not like the virus won't spread once Shutdown is over. But, if they shut down the entire country for 2 weeks, we should all never leave the house for 2 straight weeks.

I’d never hurt a dog. However I might fire a warning shot at Karen and her friend Karen who aren’t related/live in the same house but are walking together.

If they live in the same house and are around each other all day long, I am sure they can walk outside together, lolol :lol:

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,348

Post#40 » by hoophabit » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Manocad wrote:My neighborhood has a ton of people out walking their dogs, jogging, riding bikes, etc. I’ve taken the opportunity to go full Gran Torino on the neighborhood by standing on my porch holding my AR-15 (and I’ve got one of the really decked out, total tactical mofo looking ones) and yelling “ISOLATE, carriers!” at everyone who goes by. May as well have a little fun with it, you know?

Kind of funny, but you may end up talking to police if someone accuses you of threatening them with a gun. However, yes, it's ridiculous to scoff at a new virus that has killed thousands.

Return to Detroit Pistons