ImageImageImage

New York Knicks eye Sixers GM Elton Brand

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Lou_23
Bench Warmer
And1: 725

New York Knicks eye Sixers GM Elton Brand 

Post#1 » by Lou_23 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 9:46 am

(according to the New York Daily News’ Stefan Bondy)
Leon Rose might look to Philadelphia for his new right-hand man. According to a league source, Elton Brand has been targeted by Rose as a candidate for Knicks GM. Brand, 41, is currently the Sixers GM and is under contract next season, complicating any designs of bringing him to New York. The source said Rose wanted to see if Brand was dismissed after the playoffs.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Keith Pompey: Sixers general manger Elton Brand is reportedly a candidate for the #New York #Knicks GM job. However, a Sixers team source noted that Brand is under contract with Philly past this season. The source added the team is very happy with the work he’s done as Philly’s GM

Keith Pompey: The #Sixers source cited Brand’s leadership and strong working relationships with players, agents and executives around the league. Sounds like the #Sixers aren’t trying to let EB go.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,467

Re: New York Knicks eye Sixers GM Elton Brand 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Thu Apr 2, 2020 1:12 pm

I'm sure agents LOVE him.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#3 » by VDT » Thu Apr 2, 2020 1:22 pm

Hopefully they get him.
mithrandir17
Veteran
And1: 1,609

Post#4 » by mithrandir17 » Thu Apr 2, 2020 6:58 pm

NYK can have him for their 2020 first round draft pick
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#5 » by Foshan » Fri Apr 3, 2020 4:45 am

mithrandir17 wrote:NYK can have him for their 2020 first round draft pick

I was just wondering if we could trade him for a pick :)
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,848

Post#6 » by Stanford » Fri Apr 3, 2020 12:15 pm

Foshan wrote:
mithrandir17 wrote:NYK can have him for their 2020 first round draft pick

I was just wondering if we could trade him for a pick :)

The season returns.
The Sixers win the fake playoffs.
Elton Brand looks like a genius.
The Knicks can't contain themselves. They must have the Brand.
Josh Harris goes ehhhhh
James Dolan goes have a first round pick
We go yay
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#7 » by sixers hoops » Fri Apr 3, 2020 10:11 pm

He keystone moves are giving away two of the worst contracts in the league. Perfect fit for the Knicks.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,504

Post#8 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Apr 3, 2020 10:47 pm

Gee...I don't know guys...New York gonna hafta pay up if they want the genius GM we have. I mean....Easily a first round pick for him. He can probably still play too, so they'd be getting another power forward on their roster. They love power forwards and they love Elton Brand. It's a perfect fit and i'm willing to bet a Ben Franklin that it happens.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,033

Post#9 » by ivysixer2000 » Sat Apr 4, 2020 1:08 am

ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,965

Post#10 » by ankle420breaker » Sat Apr 4, 2020 1:26 am

It's funny when considering all the moves and dollars spent in last year's pivotal offseason that EB's best move seriously might've been signing Shake Milton to a longterm cap-friendly deal.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#11 » by elchengue20 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:06 am

If the Knicks really want Brand i can drive him to NY myself.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#12 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:34 am

Lol i wonder how Alec Burks is looking to the Brand detractors now? Another "poor" decision by your favourite scapegoat, right? :D
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#13 » by 76ciology » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:51 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:Lol i wonder how Alec Burks is looking to the Brand detractors now? Another "poor" decision by your favourite scapegoat, right? :D

Not just Burks.

He pretty much built a superteam last year by trading role players.

Then this team we had was a favorite by analytics to win it all. We have one of the best starting unit and bench, despite all the glamour lost.

KOQ
Pelle
Neto
Burks
GRob
Thybulle
Extracting Jrich than 0

For me, EBrand is special because he knows basketball and can get value. You lack one thing and the entire roster goes haywire.

And the best thing of all, he’s probably the richest GM Of all time so he doesn’t care about job security.

You make the best decision when you can’t get pressured. See the career guys like Otis Smith (magic GM) on how he miscalculated his juggling of players that lead to the fall of the Magic.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer

Post#14 » by Lou_23 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:41 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:Lol i wonder how Alec Burks is looking to the Brand detractors now? Another "poor" decision by your favourite scapegoat, right? :D

I´m a Brand detractor, and i didn´t think it was a bad trade (two role players for low second round picks). The problem is they (Burks and Robinson) will walk away this summer and we will be eliminated in the 1 round of the playoffs.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:43 am

Lou_23 wrote:

I´m a Brand detractor, and i didn´t think it was a bad trade (two role players for low second round picks). The problem is they (Burks and Robinson) will walk away this summer and we will be eliminated in the 1 round of the playoffs.

Everyone moaned about lack of scoring off the bench and he fixed that. Going out in the first round would be Brown's fault, not Brand's...but no doubt his detractors will try to paint a different picture.
Lou_23
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by Lou_23 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:20 am

This terrible roster construction is his fault.

He did a poor job this summer, so this is the reason to do the trade. He is trying to fix his mistakes.

Burn assets to get nothing, because these guys arent go to be here next year and we arent go to the second round with the roster that he built
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by PhillyPhilly » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:57 am

Lou_23 wrote:This terrible roster construction is his fault.

He did a poor job this summer, so this is the reason to do the trade. He is trying to fix his mistakes.

Burn assets to get nothing, because these guys arent go to be here next year and we arent go to the second round with the roster that he built

"Terrible roster construction" for a team highly favoured to win the east before the season and a home record that's the BEST in the entire league having beaten all the top seeded teams? Ok buddy :D ..it's easy to talk from an arm-chair and act as a forum gm.

1. Butler wanted to go to Miami and we got a decent deal in j-rich.

2. Al Horford was insurance for Joel and taking a key piece away from Boston

3. Tobias was rightly retained because he's a consistant 20 ppg guy who can shoot the three and create mismatches.

4. JJ was a liability on defense and not worth the money he wanted.

He's not been perfect but last year he gave us the best starting five in the league and a top five starting five this year but the coach has failed him once again.
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#18 » by Black Mage » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:52 am

I'd like to see what Elton can do as the sole voice/decision maker. Means Sixers need to end the FO "collaborative" experiment and jettison the dreck left over from the Colangelo/Silver blight.

If it's an all or nothing proposition, then dump them all.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#19 » by ProcessDoctor » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:18 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:
Lou_23 wrote:This terrible roster construction is his fault.

"Terrible roster construction" for a team highly favoured to win the east before the season and a home record that's the BEST in the entire league having beaten all the top seeded teams? Ok buddy :D ..it's easy to talk from an arm-chair and act as a forum gm.

1. Butler wanted to go to Miami and we got a decent deal in j-rich.

2. Al Horford was insurance for Joel and taking a key piece away from Boston.

3. Tobias was rightly retained because he's a consistant 20 ppg guy who can shoot the three and create mismatches.

4. JJ was a liability on defense and not worth the money he wanted.

He's not been perfect but last year he gave us the best starting five in the league and a top five starting five this year but the coach has failed him once again.

1. Jimmy wouldn’t have wanted to leave if he knew who the hell was in charge here, or if Brand and co didn’t treat him like he was some sort of loose cannon.

2. Let someone else take Al from Boston instead of paying him and crossing your fingers. That money could have been used on a perimeter scoring guard like DLO or Brogdan.

3. Sure, still overpaid like crazy. Other destinations weren’t giving him $180 mil.

4. Argument can go either way. He was another one of Embiids boys, but I get we couldn’t match what NOP offered.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,713

Post#20 » by the_process » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:42 pm

It’s time to clean house. Voices get stale. This team needs new blood and a fresh perspective.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers