ImageImageImage

Sixers Lineups Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: Sixers Lineups Thread 

Post#41 » by youngcrev » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:36 pm

Wilfried wrote:I set my mind for a cancelled season and am looking for next season.

To me, 1 player we really have to retain is Alec Burks. Have been a fan of him in his Utah days, and he gives us something we need, as in: he can create for himself and can attack the basket and draw fouls at a good rate.

If we can move Shake into the starting line-up next season, our bench unit should be: Horford - Burks - Korkmaz - Thybulle as most important parts. That seems like a great unit to have. Mix of experience and athleticism, some playmaking, decent shooting, ...
Pelle - Scott and Smith are also on our pay role. The 2 latter I can imagine, are traded for some (future) picks probably.

I don't have any issue with bringing Burks back, but if they go into next season with this same group, I'd be pretty frustrated.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,029

Post#42 » by Sixerscan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:57 pm

This group has barely had a chance to play together healthy. I don't think the season gets cancelled but if it does I think you can make a pretty reasonable argument that it should get another shot, preferably with a guard added with the tax MLE. If it doesn't work out Horford becomes a sort of expiring contract in Summer 2021 and you trade him plus assets for someone better.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,710

Post#43 » by phillynative » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Wilfried wrote:I set my mind for a cancelled season and am looking for next season.

To me, 1 player we really have to retain is Alec Burks. Have been a fan of him in his Utah days, and he gives us something we need, as in: he can create for himself and can attack the basket and draw fouls at a good rate.

If we can move Shake into the starting line-up next season, our bench unit should be: Horford - Burks - Korkmaz - Thybulle as most important parts. That seems like a great unit to have. Mix of experience and athleticisme, some playmaking, decent shooting, ...
Pelle - Scott and Smith are also on our pay role. The 2 latter I can imagine, are traded for some (future) picks probably.

I agree. If shake continues to develop as a knockdown shooter and playmaker he is a fit in the starting lineup. In starting lineup going forward has to have a shooter with Ben and Embiid.

Not a fan of scott. If we could replace him with thaddeus young , noah vonleh, lauri markanan, larry nance I would be pleased. I think they give u much needed athleticism and shooting at that position maybe not nance but his activity makes up for it. We need some energy guys off the bench imo mixed in with shooters .
phillynative
General Manager

Post#44 » by phillynative » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:31 pm

Sixerscan wrote:This group has barely had a chance to play together healthy. I don't think the season gets cancelled but if it does I think you can make a pretty reasonable argument that it should get another shot, preferably with a guard added with the tax MLE. If it doesn't work out Horford becomes a sort of expiring contract in Summer 2021 and you trade him plus assets for someone better.

What lineup would you prefer to see ?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,029

Post#45 » by Sixerscan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:45 pm

phillynative wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:This group has barely had a chance to play together healthy. I don't think the season gets cancelled but if it does I think you can make a pretty reasonable argument that it should get another shot, preferably with a guard added with the tax MLE. If it doesn't work out Horford becomes a sort of expiring contract in Summer 2021 and you trade him plus assets for someone better.

Horford off the bench, sign a guard with the MLE to start and handle some backup point.

In terms of this year if it's resumed I would probably start Shake while being willing to adjust that based on how people are playing.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,897

Post#46 » by Wilfried » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:47 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
phillynative wrote:

Horford off the bench, sign a guard with the MLE to start and handle some backup point.

In terms of this year if it's resumed I would probably start Shake while being willing to adjust that based on how people are playing.

Think a trade for D Rose (for Scott + Smith) would be the most logic thing to do
ankle420breaker
General Manager
And1: 1,957

Post#47 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:42 pm

I wonder what the cost would be for Dario this summer. Nice fit at the backup 4.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#48 » by youngcrev » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:01 pm

If Horford's coming back it needs to be in a bench role, but you absolutely have to check the market for him. If there's not any interest out there, so be it. 30M for a backup center is just untenable.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#49 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:40 pm

youngcrev wrote:If Horford's coming back it needs to be in a bench role, but you absolutely have to check the market for him. If there's not any interest out there, so be it. 30M for a backup center is just untenable.
There should be a small market for Horford. I still feel like Brooklyn could be a compatible trade partner coming off a disappointing year with Kyrie and KD set to return next season. Something along the lines of Allen, Harris, and Prince for Horford & filler should work. Gives Brooklyn a formidable lineup of Jordan, Horford, Durant, LeVert, and Irving with Dinwiddie off the bench.

Worst case scenario we have a dependable (albeit overpaid) backup who can rotate into the starting lineup whenever needed.

GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#50 » by GoSixersBro » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:46 pm

phillynative wrote:

If we can move Shake into the starting line-up next season, our bench unit should be: Horford - Burks - Korkmaz - Thybulle as most important parts. That seems like a great unit to have. Mix of experience and athleticisme, some playmaking, decent shooting, ...

I agree. If shake continues to develop as a knockdown shooter and playmaker he is a fit in the starting lineup. In starting lineup going forward has to have a shooter with Ben and Embiid.

Not a fan of scott. If we could replace him with thaddeus young , noah vonleh, lauri markanan, larry nance I would be pleased. I think they give u much needed athleticism and shooting at that position maybe not nance but his activity makes up for it. We need some energy guys off the bench imo mixed in with shooters .

I know he's had a down year and struggled with injury, but acquiring Markkanen would be much more difficult than compared to acquiring the other names you posted. He's still young with a ton of promise, but will be expecting a sizable pay day after his rookie deal is up (Summer 2021).
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,409

Post#51 » by 76ciology » Sun Apr 5, 2020 12:19 pm

Watching these two teams play, the dribble drive, passing and shooting is so crisp. I’d imagine Brett wanting to play this way (who wouldnt?!). Great balance between dribble drive and post offense for the Spurs, something we need to find in our offense.

One thing I notice is the big disparity between guys who are capable of doing dribble drives on both these team compared to ours. It’s something that was brought up on this board month ago. No way you can generate good looks by merely generating 4 on 5 then passing to the open guy. Modern defense is much better nowadays with guys who are long, athletic and have better awareness. So I don’t know how far we can go if we just dump the ball to Biid and Ben then let them pass it to the open man. Elite defense can make the cover. To counter it you have to be relentless in those dribble drives.

Another thing is this was the emergence of Boris Diaw. He played a big role on this series. Not just being the glue guy, but he also defended LBJ when Kawhi is off the court. I’d guess the FO and Brett have the see the similarity between Diaw and Al on this regard (big difference in salary though! Lol)
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ankle420breaker
General Manager

Post#52 » by ankle420breaker » Sun Apr 5, 2020 2:02 pm

76ciology wrote:

Watching these two teams play, the dribble drive, passing and shooting is so crisp. I’d imagine Brett wanting to play this way (who wouldnt?!). Great balance between dribble drive and post offense for the Spurs, something we need to find in our offense.

One thing I notice is the big disparity between guys who are capable of doing dribble drives on both these team compared to ours. It’s something that was brought up on this board month ago. No way you can generate good looks by merely generating 4 on 5 then passing to the open guy. Modern defense is much better nowadays with guys who are long, athletic and have better awareness. So I don’t know how far we can go if we just dump the ball to Biid and Ben then let them pass it to the open man. Elite defense can make the cover. To counter it you have to be relentless in those dribble drives.

Another thing is this was the emergence of Boris Diaw. He played a big role on this series. Not just being the glue guy, but he also defended LBJ when Kawhi is off the court. I’d guess the FO and Brett have the see the similarity between Diaw and Al on this regard (big difference in salary though! Lol)
This is why I'm advocating to keep Burks around. He's an underrated triple threat guy who's able to collapse defenders, make plays, and get to the line with regularity. He along with Shake's emergence should help our execution in halfcourt sets.

I'd love to see us try and buy low on Dario and bring him back to play the Diaw role and bolster our bench. He and Horford would feast on most 2nd units.

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#53 » by Kobblehead » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:10 pm

If Burks is interested in signing another vet minimum, sure. He's too fragile to commit any years or real money to, though.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#54 » by Kobblehead » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:12 pm

76ciology wrote:

Brett Brown appears to have taken all the wrong lessons out of being a member of the Spurs staff and appears to openly despise players who can dribble.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,409

Post#55 » by 76ciology » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:01 am

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:

Brett Brown appears to have taken all the wrong lessons out of being a member of the Spurs staff and appears to openly despise players who can dribble.

It was the cards he was dealt with. He’s probably crying at home at draft night from 2013 to 2015.

Look at how fond he is with guys like TJ, Burks, Ish and Neto. These guys works well with our team. Fultz would have been perfect, you can see him doing the same thing with the Magic.

Brett’s best chance is to run 4 out with Ben in the paint and with Biid attacking close outs like Boris diaw. Then dump the ball to Biid at the post or run the Biid-Ben baseline PnR when the dribble drive gets stagnant.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#56 » by Kobblehead » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Brett had a chance to prove that he appreciates ball handlers when he ran the 2018 draft. And it just so happens that the three prospects he was linked to (Kevin Knox, Mikal Bridges, Zhaire Smith) were dribble zeroes.
SparksFly87
Assistant Coach
And1: 395

Post#57 » by SparksFly87 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:31 pm

Next year.

Embiid/Holmes / Pelle
Tobias/ _________ / ---------
Barnes/ Thybulle
Hield/ Korkmaz
Simmons /Milton

Fixed .
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#58 » by Sportfan73 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:40 pm

SparksFly87 wrote:Next year.

Embiid/Holmes / Pelle
Tobias/ _________ / ---------
Barnes/ Thybulle
Hield/ Korkmaz
Simmons /Milton

Fixed .

Shake starts at the 1 and Ben and Tobi at the 3/4. Let Barnes be a super sub
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#59 » by PerkinsFor3 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:51 am

phillynative wrote:

As a Blazers fan I'd like to replace Rodney Hood with John Collins, Lauri Markannen, Karl Anthony Towns or Ben Simmons, too.
phillynative
General Manager

Post#60 » by phillynative » Tue May 12, 2020 10:53 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:
phillynative wrote:

As a Blazers fan I'd like to replace Rodney Hood with John Collins, Lauri Markannen, Karl Anthony Towns or Ben Simmons, too.

Cool so you understand

Return to Philadelphia 76ers