Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,898

Re: Around the League News and Rumors (Non-Hawks) Part 2 

Post#381 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:11 pm

LeBron James Reveals What He Did On First Day Off From NBA

On his Instagram story, James revealed that he has been watching some of his old games. In fact, LeBron went on a trip down memory lane as he loaded up some of his old games with Dwyane Wade from his Miami days. Even LeBron seemed to be impressed by some of his old work.

"Man we had more lobs in 4 years than the history of franchises itself," LeBron said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hotnewhiphop.com/lebron-james-reveals-what-he-did-on-first-day-off-from-nba-news.106231.html%3f_amp

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#382 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:41 am

$400 Milllion Cash!

Marc J. Spears: The Clippers say CAPSS LLC has reached an agreement with The Madison Square Garden Company to purchase The Forum in Inglewood. The formation of CAPSS LLC and the acquisition of the Forum were driven by Clippers Chairman Steve Ballmer and Clippers Vice Chairman Dennis Wong.

– via Twitter MarcJSpearsESPN

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,340

Post#383 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:36 pm

How did Manu make this list over Shaq?

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#384 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:37 am

Jamaaliver wrote:How did Manu make this list over Shaq?

I saw another list the other day on Instagram that had Manu on it. I believe Shaq should be on it too.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#385 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:40 am

Theo mentions Trae Young and Clint Capela in some of his answers

Theo Ratliff Q&A: 'I still don't know how Allen Iverson did what he did'

Speaking of Allen Iverson, what was it like playing with him? And can you speak to the basketball and cultural impact that he had?

TR: You’re talking about a tremendous competitor. To this day, I still don’t know how he did the things that he did and how he was able to push through certain injuries. When he sprained his ankle, it looked like he broke his ankle, but then he’d be right back out here. His will and determination and pain tolerance was right up there with Kobe [Bryant]. He was just able to will himself to do certain things. When we were down, we knew where to go. We’d find him, he’d find the ball, and he would just take over games. Just from his leadership on the floor, that helped us be at our best. We had a lot of guys who were just kind of journeyman guys who hadn’t really stepped out and came into their own when we came over to the Sixers to play alongside him – guys like Aaron McKie, Eric Snow, George Lynch. He helped push us and elevated our game and our status as NBA players. He’s a tremendous guy, a tremendous person as well. Very giving, very family-oriented. He takes his time, even to this day, to speak to your kids and give his story and talk about what he did and the ups and downs of his life. He’s just a tremendous individual.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/03/29/nba-rumors-theo-ratliff-centers-hawks-allen-iverson-clint-capela-sixers-evolution-retired-interview/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#386 » by HMFFL » Tue Apr 7, 2020 2:59 pm

Legion Hoops: Ben Wallace on the Pistons drafting Darko Millicic over Carmelo Anthony: “If we would’ve drafted Carmelo, I honestly don’t think we would have ever won a championship. Melo wanted to play right away. It would have had the potential to disrupt the team chemistry.”

– via Twitter

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#387 » by HMFFL » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:36 am

How Michael Jordan fared against every team he faced in the playoffs

ATLANTA HAWKS
Win percentage: 87.5 percent (7-1)
Stats: 29.5 ppg, 8.9 rpg, 4.9 apg, 1.9 spg, 48.2 FG%
Jordan saw the Atlanta Hawks eight total times in the playoffs, with three of those games coming in the first round of the 1993 playoffs and the other five occurring in 1997. The Bulls went 7-1 in that stretch, as the first-round matchup was a sweep for Chicago in which they outscored Atlanta by 49 total points and the second-round matchup in ’97 was a 4-1 victory for the Bulls.

The second series did contain some drama, as the Hawks took home-court advantage away from Chicago after winning Game 2 at the Bulls’ house 103-95 behind 53 combined points from Mookie Blaylock and Steve Smith, and a 19-point, 15-rebound, 2-block performance courtesy of Dikembe Mutombo. Atlanta held Jordan to just 27 points on 29 field-goal attempts that night, too. Regardless, the Bulls took back control of the series in Game 3 by winning in Atlanta by a 20-point margin, going on to win the series two games later.

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/11/michael-jordan-stats-every-team-playoff-opponent/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#388 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:43 pm

5-star Auburn target Jalen Green opts for NBA G League, per report

Jalen Green won’t be attending Auburn. In fact, the five-star combo guard won’t be attending any college.
Green is instead taking a less conventional path to the NBA. The No. 3 player in the 2020 class, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings, will be forgoing college in order to play professionally in the NBA G League for a season before making himself eligible for the 2021 NBA Draft, according to a report by ESPN.

Green is set to make an official announcement on his decision at noon CT on his Instagram page.
The 6-foot-5, 170-pounder’s decision — while unconventional — was not a huge surprise, as chatter surrounding his basketball future trended toward the professional route in recent days leading up to his decision, especially after five-star power forward Isaiah Todd made headlines when he decommitted from Michigan earlier this week to pursue playing professionally overseas next season.

By choosing to enter the NBA G League Professional Path, a program launched by the NBA in late 2018 for “elite players who are eligible for the NBA G League but not yet eligible for the NBA Draft,” Green can sign a select contract and earn $125,000 in salary over the developmental league’s five-month season. While the professional pathway prohibits players from being called up to the NBA -- like other G League players may be -- Green will be eligible for the 2021 NBA Draft, where some already project him to be in the running for the No. 1 overall pick.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2020/04/5-star-auburn-target-jalen-green-opts-for-nba-g-league-per-report.html%3foutputType=amp

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#389 » by jayu70 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#390 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:59 pm

How much did Michael Jordan outscore fellow NBA legends in their matchups?

In 48 Games:
Michael Jordan 31.8ppg
Dominique Wilkins 29.8ppg

https://hoopshype.com/2020/04/16/michael-jordan-scoring-nba-legends/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#391 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:00 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Like Jalen Green, new reports are saying they can be paid up to 500k per sesson, but it depends on how much they play.
Also, Jalen Green has signed with an agent, and expects to sign a 7 figure shoe deal.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#392 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#393 » by HMFFL » Wed May 6, 2020 3:15 am

Sixers GM Elton Brand says the Sixers are preparing for a playoff matchup with the Celtics, even though we still don't know if the current NBA season will ever resume. 

“We are talking about the Celtics as if that could be an opponent,” said Brand, as the Sixers and Celtics would meet in the first round if the playoffs were to start today. “Brett [Brown] and his staff have also prepared for other teams in case there is a regular season and the [seeds] change. But we’ve done a deep dive.” No one knows whether this season's playoffs will happen or not, but given the fact that the Warriors' Steve Kerr isn't planning on playing another game this season, Brand's optimism does give us some hope that the playoffs could happen in July or August. And if that happens, it sounds like the Sixers and Joel Embiid will be ready. 

SOURCE: Philadelphia Inquirer

May 5, 2020, 6:30 PM ET

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#394 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 10, 2020 10:24 pm

But why???

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#395 » by kg01 » Sun May 10, 2020 11:01 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:But why???

Read on Twitter

*sigh*

Maybe a case o' tryin' too hard-itis
king01 :king:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#396 » by HMFFL » Mon May 11, 2020 1:58 am

Jamaaliver wrote:But why???

Read on Twitter
Interesting guy

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#397 » by HMFFL » Mon May 11, 2020 2:10 am

Zion Williamson is being called out by his former marketing representative to admit that his mother and stepfather demanded and received money and gifts from shoe companies, as well as representatives from Duke, where Zion played for one season. 

Williamson originally sued Gina Ford and Prime Sports in June in hopes of getting out of his contract with her company, and she then countersued and has since asked Williamson to admit to several statements regarding his family receiving gifts and money under the table. While it wouldn't be all that surprising to find out that Zion's family got some cash from shoe companies and for him going to Duke, it will be interesting to see what coach Mike Krzyzewski might have to say about it. 

SOURCE: ESPN.com

May 10, 2020, 5:53 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#398 » by HMFFL » Tue May 19, 2020 9:55 pm

Dwight Howard and His Son Dealing with ‘Difficult’ Loss

“I’ve had some things happen in my personal life that has been difficult to really handle,” Howard said, according to the Los Angeles

Times and ESPN. “My son’s mom, she had passed away a month and a half ago and it’s extremely difficult for me to try to understand how to talk to my son who’s 6 years old, just about the whole situation. Something I’ve never experienced, so I wouldn’t know how to talk to my son about it.”

Howard Attended Rios’ Service

Rios had an epileptic seizure in Calabasas, California, and died March 27. She is the mother of David, one of Howard’s five children. Howard said he went to the socially distanced funeral in Reno, Nevada, with David. It has been a lot to process, though, for both father and son.

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/05/lakers-dwight-howard-and-his-son-dealing-with-difficult-loss/

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,600

Post#399 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri May 22, 2020 9:07 pm

Jerry Sloan. One of my favorite coaches of all times passed away today. RIP
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#400 » by HMFFL » Tue May 26, 2020 7:23 pm

Former UNC point guard Ty Lawson calls out Roy Williams in Instagram story

Ty Lawson was a fan favorite during his three years at North Carolina, but it seems like the former point guard has lost some love for his alma mater.

Lawson posted a cryptic message on his Instagram story Monday in which he seemed to call out UNC coach Roy Williams.

"Who talks s— about someone who won them a championship ..." Lawson wrote in his Instagram story. "(You're) weird... I got messages from 10 NBA GMs that said it came out your mouth ... That's why I don't f— with Carolina or support anything y'all do."
"It's a blessing I don't open my mouth about s—," Lawson continued in a second post. "They ask me why I don't show love to North Carolina ... Roy Williams knows why."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-basketball/news/former-unc-point-guard-ty-lawson-calls-out-roy-williams-in-instagram-story/qik1jj8vtp2h1ix7coiunw4bb

Return to Atlanta Hawks