Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Re: NBA suspended indefinitely. 

Post#181 » by cberry78 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:40 am

bwgood77 wrote:
cberry78 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:He doesn't care about anyone, including Evangelicals. All he does is simply to appease the billionaire class. This is a desperate move to save the market, which if millions die and the healthcare system completely crashes, will fail hard anyway. So it's either freeze things while until it's safe to start repairing and take a major hit to the economy, or just say f*** it, open things back up and hope it saves the economy at the cost of millions and millions of lives, and almost definitely still crashing the **** stock market and economy. He doesn't care about "poor" people at all, so he's going with the latter.

I totally agree, he's in this for entirely his own good. But he's a con-man first and foremost, he always has been, and he's been doing it for so long that he always has multiple cons going at once. He's been lining his pockets (and those of his cronies as well) at the cost of the American people since 2016, that's not going to stop now. He's also savvy enough - or his advisors are - to know that his "base" is what is going to keep him in office and keep his con afloat, so whatever the Evangelical's believe him to be is just going to play into, not only his con, but his narcissistic self-delusions as well.

It's only going to get worse if they mess around with shelter in place orders. Luckily most of the bigger cities have or are in the process of issuing them. I'm glad it's up to the states. They will work in their best interests. In Texas' case, the mayors of the biggest cities have issued them. And luckily right after that assistant governor came out with his insane statement last night about dying to save the economy.

It will get worse, and there will be wave upon wave of this (and most likely similar ones) virus over the next several months. The shelter in place orders are all well and good, and what is needed, but people will only put up with it until they're not willing to anymore, then they'll break their quarantines and start this **** all over again. Unfortunately, I live in a red-state and am surrounded by idiots - my next-door neighbors had a giant BBQ w/ 30+ people (including kids) 2 days ago - I don't see any kind of shelter in place decree being made here in Phoenix any time soon. I'm honestly surprised they even closed the restaurants.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#182 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 am

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-JMTMeJhi6/?igshid=8fmvf0f35qld

Damn. Hope mom KAT gets better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
hollywood6964
Analyst
And1: 1,397

Post#183 » by hollywood6964 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:Too much fearmongering. I have siblings, who normally don't even talk to me, begin to "educate" me with what's going on and how bad it is.

Here's a nobel prize winner who believes that with social distancing, this virus is extremely containable. This guy also predicted the China slowdown with incredible accuracy. He also implied that the flu is much worse than the coronavirus, granted that social distancing and common sense takes place. Unless you are smarter than this guy, it's just a bunch of noise.

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-22/coronavirus-outbreak-nobel-laureate

Fair perspective
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Post#184 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Apr 6, 2020 9:57 pm

Didn't that one dude I won't mention post something in this thread from Dr. Drew downplaying the pandemic? Well...

https://www.thewrap.com/dr-drew-pinksy-apologizes-for-comparing-coronavirus-to-the-flu-video/
hollywood6964
Analyst

Post#185 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 1:36 am

grumpysaddle wrote:Didn't that one dude I won't mention post something in this thread from Dr. Drew downplaying the pandemic? Well...

https://www.thewrap.com/dr-drew-pinksy-apologizes-for-comparing-coronavirus-to-the-flu-video/

I did. I knew he was being facetious, at least I thought he was to an extent with the laughing, etc. (I was mainly focusing on the mad comments part, I have to admit I figured it'd annoy someone in particular- gotcha haha). Kind of like in my first post, anyone who knows me would know I was being somewhat facetious like I said before. And I said as much and expounded many, many times what I really thought.

I was so hard the other way because I thought the media was over doing some, with the numbers they were reporting, and sometimes misreporting (looking for ratings of course, it's their job), and overall inducing some hysteria. And the way I've seen some people react to all of this has been, ridiculous at times. Especially since a few weeks ago.

I also haven't liked the political battle going on from the start, from people locally (local conversations I've seen, this message board even, etc), all the way to the top. I have no political affiliation, and even I was chiding with some of my comments. Guilty there.

One thing I worry about, from the start, was closing everything, and even in NY fining people for looking like they're **** around. Closing everything, etc. Now if this were to be a 1 off thing, I'm with doing whatever we have to do to quell this until a system is set-up and eventually vaccine to end it. I only worry that going deep down this road can cause other things to be easier to restrict in the future (a road once traveled is easier to find a second time). I'm big on freedom, so I have to admit a part of me has been torn. Like I said though, if it's a one off, let's do it and get this done.

But this is worse than I thought it was going to be, for sure, even past my few facetious posts on the matter. Man enough to admit it. I said .3% death rate, maybe .5 on the outside. Now it doesn't look like 3.5% like was being said by many here, so I guess that would be wrong as wellll......Looks like they are saying around 1% (that may come in around .7% when it's all said and done I've seen, but that's a long way out to start speculating), being that a lot are the no symptom to low symptom cases. Also, the huge #'s, like 170k being the average of the #'s in the models of best case scenario looks to be high as well. I understand they probably said that too make people take this seriously. I said around 40-60k with the lockdown in total, which may just be in line with what might be happening.

Either way, it's worse than I thought overall. For sure. Like I said I wouldn't visit my grandma or grandfather or great uncle right now, even from the beginning. But this is 3-4x as bad as I thought it'd be from what we're seeing right now, easily.

I don't really have time to go over n over this like I did before, but I did want to post this.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#186 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:08 am

Glad you've reached this level of acknowledgment of how serious this virus is. As I've said from the start, I'd rather be wrong, took too drastic a measure and have saved lives than be right and have taken a wait and see approach.

The problem is that we KNEW how quickly this thing could spread yet people, like yourself, like those idiots partying at spring break, like many people who were in denial and worst of all, those in charge, who took an approach that was more akin to downplay/denial than taking drastic measures. Given what we knew at the time, I just don't understand why people would bet theirs and others lives that it wouldn't spread based on.....faith? Ignorance?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
hollywood6964
Analyst

Post#187 » by hollywood6964 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 7:04 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Glad you've reached this level of acknowledgment of how serious this virus is. As I've said from the start, I'd rather be wrong, took too drastic a measure and have saved lives than be right and have taken a wait and see approach.

The problem is that we KNEW how quickly this thing could spread yet people, like yourself, like those idiots partying at spring break, like many people who were in denial and worst of all, those in charge, who took an approach that was more akin to downplay/denial than taking drastic measures. Given what we knew at the time, I just don't understand why people would bet theirs and others lives that it wouldn't spread based on.....faith? Ignorance?

Ya see, you just can't make a post and expect it to be graciously taken. Makes me smile. Come on man. Ehh, that's fine, too many things to do.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#188 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Apr 8, 2020 7:49 am

hollywood6964 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:Didn't that one dude I won't mention post something in this thread from Dr. Drew downplaying the pandemic? Well...

I did. I knew he was being facetious, at least I thought he was to an extent with the laughing, etc. (I was mainly focusing on the mad comments part, I have to admit I figured it'd annoy someone in particular- gotcha haha). Kind of like in my first post, anyone who knows me would know I was being somewhat facetious like I said before. And I said as much and expounded many, many times what I really thought.

I was so hard the other way because I thought the media was over doing some, with the numbers they were reporting, and sometimes misreporting (looking for ratings of course, it's their job), and overall inducing some hysteria. And the way I've seen some people react to all of this has been, ridiculous at times. Especially since a few weeks ago.

I also haven't liked the political battle going on from the start, from people locally (local conversations I've seen, this message board even, etc), all the way to the top. I have no political affiliation, and even I was chiding with some of my comments. Guilty there.

One thing I worry about, from the start, was closing everything, and even in NY fining people for looking like they're **** around. Closing everything, etc. Now if this were to be a 1 off thing, I'm with doing whatever we have to do to quell this until a system is set-up and eventually vaccine to end it. I only worry that going deep down this road can cause other things to be easier to restrict in the future (a road once traveled is easier to find a second time). I'm big on freedom, so I have to admit a part of me has been torn. Like I said though, if it's a one off, let's do it and get this done.

But this is worse than I thought it was going to be, for sure, even past my few facetious posts on the matter. Man enough to admit it. I said .3% death rate, maybe .5 on the outside. Now it doesn't look like 3.5% like was being said by many here, so I guess that would be wrong as wellll......Looks like they are saying around 1% (that may come in around .7% when it's all said and done I've seen, but that's a long way out to start speculating), being that a lot are the no symptom to low symptom cases. Also, the huge #'s, like 170k being the average of the #'s in the models of best case scenario looks to be high as well. I understand they probably said that too make people take this seriously. I said around 40-60k with the lockdown in total, which may just be in line with what might be happening.

Either way, it's worse than I thought overall. For sure. Like I said I wouldn't visit my grandma or grandfather or great uncle right now, even from the beginning. But this is 3-4x as bad as I thought it'd be from what we're seeing right now, easily.

I don't really have time to go over n over this like I did before, but I did want to post this.

K
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft

Return to Phoenix Suns