ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End?

Moderators: Patman, pbj, Alfred, Duffman100, Morris_Shatford, DG88, niQ, Rhettmatic

Alfred
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
Posts: 24,000
And1: 20,106
Joined: Jul 08, 2006
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1001 » by Alfred » Wed Apr 8, 2020 1:34 am

PerfectJab wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
This is exactly what I mean. First thing you do is spew hate and make judgments based on an assumption. You have no idea what a person needs to go through to get to this point because you only see the world through your perspective. If the perspective differs form your own you defer to name calling and it is idiotic.

Yes I wouldn't mind dying, but I'm not suicidal. Is that too hard for you to fathom? Also, just because I have this perspective doesn't mean that I don't respect the fact that others should have a choice and obviously if I have this perspective it is difficult for me to understand others. Funny thing is that I stated my opinion because I wanted to understand.


You said it yourself that you don't understand what the point of social distancing is and you don't understand why people care for their own lives and health. That indicated that you couldn't care less about following the rules and therefore putting other people at risk. If you or other people get sick, it's "meant to be" right?

It's funny how you worded your first reply in a specific way and then you get angry when people have an issue with it. Then you want others to feel sorry for you. No where did you say you don't understand the rules but are still respecting them and respect other people's rights as well. If you did, then no one would be taking issue with it.

As I said, you do whatever you want to do with your life but don't put others at risk if you want to be careless and stupid. You may not care about your own or other people's lives but others do.


Angry? Feel sorry for me? Wtf are you talking about? :lol: Again, look beyond what you perceive and understand that there is another side called reality. Here you are replying over semantics when I told you straight up what I was thinking yet still all you can think about is what you initially perceived. To add to it you psychoanalyze me based on your interpretation of my words.. wow :lol: Given that you already know what I'm thinking, I couldn't' care less about getting you sick. Don't like it? Too bad, I'm selfish. In fact I feel more inclined to get you sick just to get you upset. Deal with it! :lol:

As you may have guessed, couldn't give 2 shts. Let's just agree to disagree. Stay healthy genius.


Put each other on your foe lists. The next one to respond to a post gets a suspension.,
Image
User avatar
NinjaBro
RealGM
Posts: 21,094
And1: 35,505
Joined: Aug 21, 2014
Location: Shamblesland
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1002 » by NinjaBro » Wed Apr 8, 2020 3:53 am

Holy crap I just learned something remarkable today. So as some of you know BC has held up very well during this pandemic. I thought our Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry had us well prepared and was doing a marvelous job controlling the outbreak.

I just learned that Bonnie Henry whom I've been following everyday is the person who was responsible and was in charge for overseeing the SARS and H1N1 outbreak in Toronto. I was living in Toronto at that time and from what I can remember there were minimal disruptions.

Image

What a marvelous job she did in Toronto and now we're seeing it in BC. We are seeing the curve flatten here in western Canada, with another anemic 25 cases today, the lowest number of cases in weeks. This incredible woman needs recognition for what a great job she's doing. We need to send her to Quebec to help get things under control there. Hats off to this incredible lady :clap:
User avatar
PerfectJab
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,668
And1: 648
Joined: Apr 20, 2009
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1003 » by PerfectJab » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:34 am

Alfred wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
You said it yourself that you don't understand what the point of social distancing is and you don't understand why people care for their own lives and health. That indicated that you couldn't care less about following the rules and therefore putting other people at risk. If you or other people get sick, it's "meant to be" right?

It's funny how you worded your first reply in a specific way and then you get angry when people have an issue with it. Then you want others to feel sorry for you. No where did you say you don't understand the rules but are still respecting them and respect other people's rights as well. If you did, then no one would be taking issue with it.

As I said, you do whatever you want to do with your life but don't put others at risk if you want to be careless and stupid. You may not care about your own or other people's lives but others do.


Angry? Feel sorry for me? Wtf are you talking about? :lol: Again, look beyond what you perceive and understand that there is another side called reality. Here you are replying over semantics when I told you straight up what I was thinking yet still all you can think about is what you initially perceived. To add to it you psychoanalyze me based on your interpretation of my words.. wow :lol: Given that you already know what I'm thinking, I couldn't' care less about getting you sick. Don't like it? Too bad, I'm selfish. In fact I feel more inclined to get you sick just to get you upset. Deal with it! :lol:

As you may have guessed, couldn't give 2 shts. Let's just agree to disagree. Stay healthy genius.


Put each other on your foe lists. The next one to respond to a post gets a suspension.,


TBH, you may have read between the lines and saw that I was just having fun with him and didn't really mean it. I know his type and was simply case studying him. Kind of I am what you say I am thing because you're not listening.

I do understand why you commented though and respect it. Foe added.
User avatar
seanbig
General Manager
Posts: 8,207
And1: 2,115
Joined: Feb 12, 2005
Location: wrong side of canada for raps

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1004 » by seanbig » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:07 am

CantStopTheRock wrote:Japan just declared a state of emergency in Tokyo and six other prefectures. This after making it seem like they had it under control, still allowing a nightlife, karaoke bars, etc. Seems there lack of testing is keeping there numbers down.

The prime minister is also shown taking off his mask incorrectly.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/japan-covid-19-emergency-1.5523049


Also, if this is a sign of things to come when lockdowns are lifted we are screwed.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6783405/china-tourist-sites-coronavirus-photo/amp/


this was the classic don't look don't tell problem where they didn't want to look for reasons to stop the olympics...they probably hid and lied more than china....

no reason to have 12x the population of hongkong and only now have done half the tests....
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
User avatar
Courtside
RealGM
Posts: 16,637
And1: 9,223
Joined: Jul 25, 2002

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1005 » by Courtside » Wed Apr 8, 2020 1:24 pm

NinjaBro wrote:Holy crap I just learned something remarkable today. So as some of you know BC has held up very well during this pandemic. I thought our Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry had us well prepared and was doing a marvelous job controlling the outbreak.

I just learned that Bonnie Henry whom I've been following everyday is the person who was responsible and was in charge for overseeing the SARS and H1N1 outbreak in Toronto. I was living in Toronto at that time and from what I can remember there were minimal disruptions.

Image

What a marvelous job she did in Toronto and now we're seeing it in BC. We are seeing the curve flatten here in western Canada, with another anemic 25 cases today, the lowest number of cases in weeks. This incredible woman needs recognition for what a great job she's doing. We need to send her to Quebec to help get things under control there. Hats off to this incredible lady :clap:


The curve is flat because of testing patterns, not because this isn't a problem there. My sister lives in BC and there is a while different sense there than what your post is running with.

It's too early to be sure of anything.
User avatar
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
Posts: 11,097
And1: 15,014
Joined: Feb 21, 2004

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1006 » by Lord_Zedd » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:21 pm

MegiMK wrote:In Ontario the numbers have been pretty messed up and not representative of real time situation as since they started testing, they were taking samples but the labs were jammed and not processing the collected specimen. Even early last week, there were something like 11,000 samples waiting to be tested. Then they seemed to be clearing that logjam up throughout the week, resulting in “high” daily numbers.

But some of those tests were taken weeks prior and many people have likely recovered before even getting their results. Now that that’s then mostly taken care of, the daily stats are finally somewhat representative of the current situation.


Ontario is definitely not doing a good job compared to other provinces. As of Apr 7, 58 outbreaks in long term care homes, an overall increase in cases, and hospitalization/ICU showing no signs of leveling off either. Today they'll announce 550 new positive cases and the infection % isn't going down either.

https://files.ontario.ca/moh-covid-19-report-en-2020-04-07.pdf

For the longest time, I still can't believe Ontario isn't restricting its health care workers to only work in one building. At least BC got it right after their Lynn Valley outbreak - having health care workers to only choose one location and stay there.
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 25,223
And1: 24,055
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1007 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Apr 8, 2020 2:42 pm

Clay Davis wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
gp2015 wrote:
You said it yourself that you don't understand what the point of social distancing is and you don't understand why people care for their own lives and health. That indicated that you couldn't care less about following the rules and therefore putting other people at risk. If you or other people get sick, it's "meant to be" right?

It's funny how you worded your first reply in a specific way and then you get angry when people have an issue with it. Then you want others to feel sorry for you. No where did you say you don't understand the rules but are still respecting them and respect other people's rights as well. If you did, then no one would be taking issue with it.

As I said, you do whatever you want to do with your life but don't put others at risk if you want to be careless and stupid. You may not care about your own or other people's lives but others do.


Angry? Feel sorry for me? Wtf are you talking about? :lol: Again, look beyond what you perceive and understand that there is another side called reality. Here you are replying over semantics when I told you straight up what I was thinking yet still all you can think about is what you initially perceived. To add to it you psychoanalyze me based on your interpretation of my words.. wow :lol: Given that you already know what I'm thinking, I couldn't' care less about getting you sick. Don't like it? Too bad, I'm selfish. In fact I feel more inclined to get you sick just to get you upset. Deal with it! :lol:

As you may have guessed, couldn't give 2 shts. Let's just agree to disagree. Stay healthy genius.



Even by the standards of this board, this guy is extraordinarily strange.

"I like the idea of getting you sick and putting your life in danger :lol: because you'd be upset if you died :lol:"

Does this person not know that by getting other people sick, they're actually making the situation more dangerous for themselves?

Assuming that they do get sick and are spreading the disease before their own symptoms worsen, by getting other people sick they run the risk of further burdening the healthcare infrastructure, already constrained as it is, which would then lower their own quality of care should their own symptoms worsen. The selfish thing to do in this situation is exactly to be paranoid. This isn't even to get into the economic impact and the fact that they are literally in a country with socialized healthcare. It's one thing to be selfish, it's another to have your head up your ass.


https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/sociopath#diagnosis-and-symptoms

Lots of people have displayed to others who they are during this.
gp2015
General Manager
Posts: 9,051
And1: 5,693
Joined: Apr 13, 2007
Location: Toronto
     

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1008 » by gp2015 » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:15 pm

Alfred wrote:Put each other on your foe lists. The next one to respond to a post gets a suspension.,


I think you should follow up on this then because I stopped responding and he had to post one last reply with a poorly veiled insult.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
User avatar
Westside Gunn
Analyst
Posts: 3,287
And1: 4,220
Joined: Jul 03, 2016
       

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1009 » by Westside Gunn » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:40 pm

Reading about some Austrailian cruise ship that has over 200 people and 60% infected.

i mean lets just start dropping bombs on these. people will always be idiots and i can guarantee there are people still planning a cruise as we speak.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
User avatar
Kevin Willis
General Manager
Posts: 9,741
And1: 5,892
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
       

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1010 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Apr 8, 2020 4:49 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
Angry? Feel sorry for me? Wtf are you talking about? :lol: Again, look beyond what you perceive and understand that there is another side called reality. Here you are replying over semantics when I told you straight up what I was thinking yet still all you can think about is what you initially perceived. To add to it you psychoanalyze me based on your interpretation of my words.. wow :lol: Given that you already know what I'm thinking, I couldn't' care less about getting you sick. Don't like it? Too bad, I'm selfish. In fact I feel more inclined to get you sick just to get you upset. Deal with it! :lol:

As you may have guessed, couldn't give 2 shts. Let's just agree to disagree. Stay healthy genius.



Even by the standards of this board, this guy is extraordinarily strange.

"I like the idea of getting you sick and putting your life in danger :lol: because you'd be upset if you died :lol:"

Does this person not know that by getting other people sick, they're actually making the situation more dangerous for themselves?

Assuming that they do get sick and are spreading the disease before their own symptoms worsen, by getting other people sick they run the risk of further burdening the healthcare infrastructure, already constrained as it is, which would then lower their own quality of care should their own symptoms worsen. The selfish thing to do in this situation is exactly to be paranoid. This isn't even to get into the economic impact and the fact that they are literally in a country with socialized healthcare. It's one thing to be selfish, it's another to have your head up your ass.


https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/sociopath#diagnosis-and-symptoms

Lots of people have displayed to others who they are during this.


Unfortunately he fits the classic definition. It's probably best to refrain from dialogue because part of it is showing out his indifference. From what he says it might be a life long thing because he has always felt this way. Hopefully he can get the help he needs.
Perhaps he is hated because he is a narcissist, pathological liar, incapable of decent human emotions, incapable of running an organization such as a government. He incites racial hatred, doesn't know how to handle a crisis - I'll stop there.
User avatar
PerfectJab
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,668
And1: 648
Joined: Apr 20, 2009
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1011 » by PerfectJab » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:38 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
Clay Davis wrote:

Even by the standards of this board, this guy is extraordinarily strange.

"I like the idea of getting you sick and putting your life in danger :lol: because you'd be upset if you died :lol:"

Does this person not know that by getting other people sick, they're actually making the situation more dangerous for themselves?

Assuming that they do get sick and are spreading the disease before their own symptoms worsen, by getting other people sick they run the risk of further burdening the healthcare infrastructure, already constrained as it is, which would then lower their own quality of care should their own symptoms worsen. The selfish thing to do in this situation is exactly to be paranoid. This isn't even to get into the economic impact and the fact that they are literally in a country with socialized healthcare. It's one thing to be selfish, it's another to have your head up your ass.


https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/sociopath#diagnosis-and-symptoms

Lots of people have displayed to others who they are during this.


Unfortunately he fits the classic definition. It's probably best to refrain from dialogue because part of it is showing out his indifference. From what he says it might be a life long thing because he has always felt this way. Hopefully he can get the help he needs.


Therein lies the issue. When an opinion or way of thinking differs from your own or the standard, also know as herd mentality, it's often classified in a way that has negative connotations. This is in actual fact fear, stemming form unpredictability or rather, the feeling that there is a loss of control. It's funny because it's the very thing that you lose when you set validity based on difference. Reality is rarely binary but of course it's easier to look at things this way because it creates the illusion of understanding and control.
User avatar
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
Posts: 7,303
And1: 11,285
Joined: Jan 10, 2005
         

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1012 » by 6ixSideSniper » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:53 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/sociopath#diagnosis-and-symptoms

Lots of people have displayed to others who they are during this.


Unfortunately he fits the classic definition. It's probably best to refrain from dialogue because part of it is showing out his indifference. From what he says it might be a life long thing because he has always felt this way. Hopefully he can get the help he needs.


Therein lies the issue. When an opinion or way of thinking differs from your own or the standard, also know as herd mentality, it's often classified in a way that has negative connotations. This is in actual fact fear, stemming form unpredictability or rather, the feeling that there is a loss of control. It's funny because it's the very thing that you lose when you set validity based on difference. Reality is rarely binary but of course it's easier to look at things this way because it creates the illusion of understanding and control.


This sounds like something Kyrie Irving would say.
Image
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
User avatar
PerfectJab
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,668
And1: 648
Joined: Apr 20, 2009
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1013 » by PerfectJab » Wed Apr 8, 2020 6:58 pm

6ixSideSniper wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Unfortunately he fits the classic definition. It's probably best to refrain from dialogue because part of it is showing out his indifference. From what he says it might be a life long thing because he has always felt this way. Hopefully he can get the help he needs.


Therein lies the issue. When an opinion or way of thinking differs from your own or the standard, also know as herd mentality, it's often classified in a way that has negative connotations. This is in actual fact fear, stemming form unpredictability or rather, the feeling that there is a loss of control. It's funny because it's the very thing that you lose when you set validity based on difference. Reality is rarely binary but of course it's easier to look at things this way because it creates the illusion of understanding and control.


This sounds like something Kyrie Irving would say.


I don't know about the earth being flat but if he did say this I'd be inclined to agree :lol:
User avatar
Johnny Bball
RealGM
Posts: 25,223
And1: 24,055
Joined: Feb 01, 2015
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1014 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Apr 8, 2020 7:30 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/sociopath#diagnosis-and-symptoms

Lots of people have displayed to others who they are during this.


Unfortunately he fits the classic definition. It's probably best to refrain from dialogue because part of it is showing out his indifference. From what he says it might be a life long thing because he has always felt this way. Hopefully he can get the help he needs.


Therein lies the issue. When an opinion or way of thinking differs from your own or the standard, also know as herd mentality, it's often classified in a way that has negative connotations. This is in actual fact fear, stemming form unpredictability or rather, the feeling that there is a loss of control. It's funny because it's the very thing that you lose when you set validity based on difference. Reality is rarely binary but of course it's easier to look at things this way because it creates the illusion of understanding and control.


Or it's entirely correct, and those that suffer from this fail to realize it, because they believe it's everyone else that has a problem, or that they are in fact different. As for your strawman argument about control, you can have that with someone else that doesn't agree with it being a complete illusion.
User avatar
Kevin Willis
General Manager
Posts: 9,741
And1: 5,892
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
       

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1015 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Apr 8, 2020 8:10 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Unfortunately he fits the classic definition. It's probably best to refrain from dialogue because part of it is showing out his indifference. From what he says it might be a life long thing because he has always felt this way. Hopefully he can get the help he needs.


Therein lies the issue. When an opinion or way of thinking differs from your own or the standard, also know as herd mentality, it's often classified in a way that has negative connotations. This is in actual fact fear, stemming form unpredictability or rather, the feeling that there is a loss of control. It's funny because it's the very thing that you lose when you set validity based on difference. Reality is rarely binary but of course it's easier to look at things this way because it creates the illusion of understanding and control.


Or it's entirely correct, and those that suffer from this fail to realize it, because they believe it's everyone else that has a problem, or that they are in fact different. As for your strawman argument about control, you can have that with someone else that doesn't agree with it being a complete illusion.


If I walked outside right now with a thong, stilleto and a wig (shutter) drinking hot sauce and screaming 'Bill Gates is the head of the illuminati that started the coronavirus', i can use his statement to back my point that a) people who think differently than me on clothing and hot sauce do so because of their herd mentality and negative connotation. b) Society is fearful of the glorious freedom of clothing which stems from it's unpredictably or feeling they have lost control over c) it's the thing that you lose when you set validity based on appearance because reality is not binary and it's easier to look at being fully clothed in cold weather as a way of creating the illusion of understanding and control.

Very Kyrie like, a series of words that sound fancy but mean nothing. And like Kyrie I think he's messing with people, a sociopath or a little of both. Reminds me of Oswald Bates. Either way he's diverting the conversation to focus on him. Let's pass.
Perhaps he is hated because he is a narcissist, pathological liar, incapable of decent human emotions, incapable of running an organization such as a government. He incites racial hatred, doesn't know how to handle a crisis - I'll stop there.
User avatar
rocky_da_best
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,425
And1: 3,262
Joined: Feb 10, 2010
       

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1016 » by rocky_da_best » Wed Apr 8, 2020 8:14 pm

NinjaBro wrote:Holy crap I just learned something remarkable today. So as some of you know BC has held up very well during this pandemic. I thought our Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry had us well prepared and was doing a marvelous job controlling the outbreak.

I just learned that Bonnie Henry whom I've been following everyday is the person who was responsible and was in charge for overseeing the SARS and H1N1 outbreak in Toronto. I was living in Toronto at that time and from what I can remember there were minimal disruptions.

Image

What a marvelous job she did in Toronto and now we're seeing it in BC. We are seeing the curve flatten here in western Canada, with another anemic 25 cases today, the lowest number of cases in weeks. This incredible woman needs recognition for what a great job she's doing. We need to send her to Quebec to help get things under control there. Hats off to this incredible lady :clap:


What are your leaders saying that Ford isn't? Or is it simply the people that live in BC taking this more seriously than here? Or is it the asian population? People already wearing masks to begin with and not worrying about some sort of "stigma" that some idiots here still are. And before some SJW comes at me, just look at the demographics of the two provinces. Thanks.
User avatar
PerfectJab
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,668
And1: 648
Joined: Apr 20, 2009
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1017 » by PerfectJab » Wed Apr 8, 2020 8:19 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:
Unfortunately he fits the classic definition. It's probably best to refrain from dialogue because part of it is showing out his indifference. From what he says it might be a life long thing because he has always felt this way. Hopefully he can get the help he needs.


Therein lies the issue. When an opinion or way of thinking differs from your own or the standard, also know as herd mentality, it's often classified in a way that has negative connotations. This is in actual fact fear, stemming form unpredictability or rather, the feeling that there is a loss of control. It's funny because it's the very thing that you lose when you set validity based on difference. Reality is rarely binary but of course it's easier to look at things this way because it creates the illusion of understanding and control.


Or it's entirely correct, and those that suffer from this fail to realize it, because they believe it's everyone else that has a problem, or that they are in fact different. As for your strawman argument about control, you can have that with someone else that doesn't agree with it being a complete illusion.


I take issue that there is a lot of circular reasoning based on perceptual truths.

Is what you're saying possible, yes, but it may also be completely wrong and you can't automatically invalidate a person's introspective abilities based on a difference of opinion. Based on how you responded I think you understand this.
User avatar
rocky_da_best
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,425
And1: 3,262
Joined: Feb 10, 2010
       

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1018 » by rocky_da_best » Wed Apr 8, 2020 8:19 pm

PerfectJab wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
Therein lies the issue. When an opinion or way of thinking differs from your own or the standard, also know as herd mentality, it's often classified in a way that has negative connotations. This is in actual fact fear, stemming form unpredictability or rather, the feeling that there is a loss of control. It's funny because it's the very thing that you lose when you set validity based on difference. Reality is rarely binary but of course it's easier to look at things this way because it creates the illusion of understanding and control.


Or it's entirely correct, and those that suffer from this fail to realize it, because they believe it's everyone else that has a problem, or that they are in fact different. As for your strawman argument about control, you can have that with someone else that doesn't agree with it being a complete illusion.


I take issue that there is a lot of circular reasoning based on perceptual truths.

Is what you're saying possible, yes, but it may also be completely wrong and you can't automatically invalidate a person's introspective abilities based on a difference of opinion. Based on how you responded I think you understand this.


Dude. No one cares. Stop derailing this thread.
User avatar
PerfectJab
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,668
And1: 648
Joined: Apr 20, 2009
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1019 » by PerfectJab » Wed Apr 8, 2020 8:20 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
PerfectJab wrote:
Therein lies the issue. When an opinion or way of thinking differs from your own or the standard, also know as herd mentality, it's often classified in a way that has negative connotations. This is in actual fact fear, stemming form unpredictability or rather, the feeling that there is a loss of control. It's funny because it's the very thing that you lose when you set validity based on difference. Reality is rarely binary but of course it's easier to look at things this way because it creates the illusion of understanding and control.


Or it's entirely correct, and those that suffer from this fail to realize it, because they believe it's everyone else that has a problem, or that they are in fact different. As for your strawman argument about control, you can have that with someone else that doesn't agree with it being a complete illusion.


If I walked outside right now with a thong, stilleto and a wig (shutter) drinking hot sauce and screaming 'Bill Gates is the head of the illuminati that started the coronavirus', i can use his statement to back my point that a) people who think differently than me on clothing and hot sauce do so because of their herd mentality and negative connotation. b) Society is fearful of the glorious freedom of clothing which stems from it's unpredictably or feeling they have lost control over c) it's the thing that you lose when you set validity based on appearance because reality is not binary and it's easier to look at being fully clothed in cold weather as a way of creating the illusion of understanding and control.

Very Kyrie like, a series of words that sound fancy but mean nothing. And like Kyrie I think he's messing with people, a sociopath or a little of both. Reminds me of Oswald Bates. Either way he's diverting the conversation to focus on him. Let's pass.


Say what? :lol: Sure ok, you're correct.
User avatar
raptor jesus
General Manager
Posts: 9,178
And1: 19,320
Joined: Feb 12, 2011
 

Re: OT: Panic Buying. When Will it End? 

Post#1020 » by raptor jesus » Wed Apr 8, 2020 8:27 pm

Courtside wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:Holy crap I just learned something remarkable today. So as some of you know BC has held up very well during this pandemic. I thought our Provincial Health Officer Bonnie Henry had us well prepared and was doing a marvelous job controlling the outbreak.

I just learned that Bonnie Henry whom I've been following everyday is the person who was responsible and was in charge for overseeing the SARS and H1N1 outbreak in Toronto. I was living in Toronto at that time and from what I can remember there were minimal disruptions.

Image

What a marvelous job she did in Toronto and now we're seeing it in BC. We are seeing the curve flatten here in western Canada, with another anemic 25 cases today, the lowest number of cases in weeks. This incredible woman needs recognition for what a great job she's doing. We need to send her to Quebec to help get things under control there. Hats off to this incredible lady :clap:


The curve is flat because of testing patterns, not because this isn't a problem there. My sister lives in BC and there is a while different sense there than what your post is running with.

It's too early to be sure of anything.


Hospitalizations have also flattened in BC.

Return to Toronto Raptors