Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1641 » by payitforward » Wed Nov 6, 2019 2:20 pm

payitforward wrote:
mariller wrote:I wonder if it's time to revisit OPJ trade. Also so many claims here that he was the Wizards's best player.

Really seems like his body has betrayed him. A sad thing.

What's your point?

mariller wrote:His body betrayed him a loooong time ago, it was clear for 3+ seasons, still many thought that trading his negative value contract for expiring deals was a bad move. Thought maybe some posters would like to eat some tasty crow.

There were some very feisty battles here.

IOW, you have no point.

3 seasons ago (2016-17), Otto played over 2600 minutes & had an absolutely tremendous season.

2 seasons ago (2017-18), Otto played about 2450 minutes & once again had a great season including posting a .602 TS%.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
leswizards
Senior
And1: 201

Post#1642 » by leswizards » Thu Nov 7, 2019 4:14 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2861595-trevor-booker-reflects-on-unprofessional-wizards-just-glad-i-got-out-alive

If someone has posted this already, I am sorry for the duplication. If not, Trevor Booker is enlightening us on the unprofessional atmosphere that eg allowed to occur. Some of the stuff is old news (ie **** in the shoe), but some of it is news (to me, at least).
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,824

Post#1643 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 7, 2019 11:58 pm

leswizards wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2861595-trevor-booker-reflects-on-unprofessional-wizards-just-glad-i-got-out-alive

If someone has posted this already, I am sorry for the duplication. If not, Trevor Booker is enlightening us on the unprofessional atmosphere that eg allowed to occur. Some of the stuff is old news (ie **** in the shoe), but some of it is news (to me, at least).

It is in the "wiz in the media' thread.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1644 » by Ruzious » Fri Nov 8, 2019 12:44 pm

payitforward wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:House Jr is someone I really wish we still had around.

Kudos to Danuel House -- I thought he had no chance whatever, but I was quite wrong. He has turned himself into a valuable NBA journeyman. Good for him!

He's really become a dynamic 3 point shooter. Who knew?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#1645 » by keynote » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:23 am

Article about Trevor Booker's venture capital firm.

https://afrotech.com/the-road-to-a-billion-with-trevor-booker
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
TheBabyMaker
Starter
And1: 852

Post#1646 » by TheBabyMaker » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:15 am

While we are bumping threads. What is our boy Otto up to these days.What the fanboys have to say?
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#1647 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:54 am

This one’s about to be a blow out. Nugs will be up by 18 by halftime
In Rizzo we trust
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#1648 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:35 am

TheBabyMaker wrote:While we are bumping threads. What is our boy Otto up to these days.What the fanboys have to say?

I was wrong.

I expected Otto and the Bulls would be destroying the league. Turns out the Wizards look like geniuses giving up his contract, because Porter is too injury prone. He's giving the Bulls a horrible return on their investment.

Even with Parker and Portis just sunken costs of getting out of Porter's deal, it looks as if the Wizards traded wisely.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#1649 » by closg00 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 12:06 pm

Kelly is having a great season despite the Suns being mediocre
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,067

Post#1650 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 2:31 pm

closg00 wrote:Kelly is having a great season despite the Suns being mediocre

He's pretty much playing exactly the same as he did for us except he has the green light to shoot a bit more. His points per minute are therefore up a bit, but so are his turnovers. The one notable improvement is that he is shooting 35% from 3-point range. He shot just 31% for us in his final year here (after shooting 34% the year before).

It's a shame we didn't keep him. If EG was competent, he would have traded Porter for more cap relief instead of for Parker and Portis. That would have generated sufficient breathing room to keep Oubre through the season. This year, we could have generated enough luxtax room to retain Oubre if we bought out Howard (rather than trading for Miles) and refrained from signing Ish. It would have left the team without much PG play, but it would probably be best for the development of Troy Brown to thrust him into that role. Also, without using the MLE on Smith, maybe we could have acquired T.J. McConnell for the $3.5M that Indy paid instead of acquiring IT.

Our roster this year could have been:

PG Brown/McConnell/Payton
SG Beal/McRae/Mathews
SF Oubre/Brown/Schofield
PF Hachimura/Bertans
C Bryant/Wagner/Mahinmi

That's an infinitely better defense - particularly if Mahinmi plays center. And don't get me started on how things would look if we drafted Brandon Clarke instead of Hachimura. It would be a damn good team other than a play-making hole at PG. And we just happen to have an elite playmaking PG waiting to make his return.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1651 » by closg00 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 3:47 pm

nate33 wrote:

He's pretty much playing exactly the same as he did for us except he has the green light to shoot a bit more. His points per minute are therefore up a bit, but so are his turnovers. The one notable improvement is that he is shooting 35% from 3-point range. He shot just 31% for us in his final year here (after shooting 34% the year before).

It's a shame we didn't keep him. If EG was competent, he would have traded Porter for more cap relief instead of for Parker and Portis. That would have generated sufficient breathing room to keep Oubre through the season. This year, we could have generated enough luxtax room to retain Oubre if we bought out Howard (rather than trading for Miles) and refrained from signing Ish. It would have left the team without much PG play, but it would probably be best for the development of Troy Brown to thrust him into that role. Also, without using the MLE on Smith, maybe we could have acquired T.J. McConnell for the $3.5M that Indy paid instead of acquiring IT.

SG Beal/McRae/Mathews
SF Oubre/Brown/Schofield
PF Hachimura/Bertans
C Bryant/Wagner/Mahinmi

That's an infinitely better defense - particularly if Mahinmi plays center. And don't get me started on how things would look if we drafted Brandon Clarke instead of Hachimura. It would be a damn good team other than a play-making hole at PG. And we just happen to have an elite playmaking PG waiting to make his return.

If you watched him in games, his playing has improved, he hit 7 3-pointers the other day. On a team that sometimes lack energy and toughness, we could certainly have used KO on our team. Oh-well
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1652 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 4, 2020 12:33 am

Yeah, he's playing a little better these days. But not hugely better by any means.

The problem is not that KO is no longer with us, it's that the assets used to acquire him have yielded nothing.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1653 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jan 4, 2020 4:50 am

We could have just signed jarian Grant and Payton III real cheap and not signed IT or ish and been about as well off but ish has been decent and might be a trade asset.down the line. And hind sight is always.... 2020
nate33 wrote:

SG Beal/McRae/Mathews
SF Oubre/Brown/Schofield
PF Hachimura/Bertans
C Bryant/Wagner/Mahinmi

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
closg00
RealGM

Post#1654 » by closg00 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:00 pm

closg00
RealGM

Post#1655 » by closg00 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 2:00 am

Jerry Stackhouse Says He Wishes He Never Played With Wizards, Michael Jordan

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/04/08/jerry-stackhouse-michael-jordan-comments
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#1656 » by montestewart » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:51 pm

Report: Calvin Booth promoted to General Manager

GM of the Nuggets! Good on Booth!

Fun fact: Booth shot .500 from the three while a Wizard. I still remember him making both those shots.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1657 » by closg00 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:30 pm

montestewart wrote:Report: Calvin Booth promoted to General Manager

GM of the Nuggets! Good on Booth!

Fun fact: Booth shot .500 from the three while a Wizard. I still remember him making both those shots.

Wow
payitforward
RealGM

Post#1658 » by payitforward » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:06 pm

That's great for Calvin Booth. I bet he'll thrive in this new role.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#1659 » by doclinkin » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Gil. Gift that keeps on giving.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Post#1660 » by FAH1223 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Read on Twitter