Arturas Karnisovas is gone

Moderator: THE J0KER

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Arturas Karnisovas is gone 

Post#1 » by The Rebel » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:30 pm

Before I say anything, I hope you and all your families are doing well in these crazy times.

For those who may have missed it AK has went to the Bulls.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257827/Bulls-To-Hire-Arturas-Karnisovas-As-Vice-President-Of-Basketball-Operations

Am I the only one that is okay with that? I know our scouting may be hurt, and depending on if/who he takes it could hurt the future, but I am ready for a new voice in the front office. It seems to me that they fell in love with some of these guys, and maybe a new voice will help guys make moves.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Re: Arturas Karnisovas is gone 

Post#2 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:58 pm

The Rebel wrote:Before I say anything, I hope you and all your families are doing well in these crazy times.

For those who may have missed it AK has went to the Bulls.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/257827/Bulls-To-Hire-Arturas-Karnisovas-As-Vice-President-Of-Basketball-Operations

Am I the only one that is okay with that? I know our scouting may be hurt, and depending on if/who he takes it could hurt the future, but I am ready for a new voice in the front office. It seems to me that they fell in love with some of these guys, and maybe a new voice will help guys make moves.

Not sure he was the one I wanted to leave - not sure he was the one I wanted to keep. But I do believe we need some kind of change in the front office. I respect Karnisovas and wish him well. I believe Chicago made an excellent choice.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#3 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:09 am

AK is a great guy, wish him well. I didn't want him to move on, he has way too many good European contacts to not consider this a loss.

Just one thing I noted that didn't set well with me, he's on record as saying he's going to hire a GM of "color". I am not attempting to dismiss the fact that there are few too many minorities in NBA front offices, but shouldn't it be the best qualified regardless of nationality, seems like reverse discrimination to me. Give someone a job based on their qualities/qualifications rather than their skin color.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,513

Post#4 » by THE J0KER » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:11 am

Very hard for me to comment, because, I must confess, for all these years I never realized what is AK real role in Nuggets organization when it comes to decision making. How much to praise or blame him for some bold moves, or for some moves which are not done?

Wish him all the best in Chicago anyway, but to be very honest I will not be too happy if he repeats Masai Ujiri success story or makes of Bulls much better drafting team, which means we lost another guy with great vision or the guy which is ones to get the most of credit for already famous Denver's young core created with just one single TOP10 pick.
skywalker33

Post#5 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:15 am

Also a shame we develop FO guys and don't get compensation when they're lured away by other teams.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#6 » by The Rebel » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:20 am

skywalker33 wrote:AK is a great guy, wish him well. I didn't want him to move on, he has way too many good European contacts to not consider this a loss.

Just one thing I noted that didn't set well with me, he's on record as saying he's going to hire a GM of "color". I am not attempting to dismiss the fact that there are few too many minorities in NBA front offices, but shouldn't it be the best qualified regardless of nationality, seems like reverse discrimination to me. Give someone a job based on their qualities/qualifications rather than their skin color.

I agree that AK has great contacts in Europe, and around the world, and that is a loss, but at the rate we are going we are going to keep this team together too long. Some of the talent needs to be combined and concentrated but the last 10 years we seem to never want to pull the trigger until it is forced. Not all of that is on AK, in fact we really do not know how much was on him, but I think we need another voice.

The racial element is weird, but I have a feeling it is the Bulls after being attacked for not interviewing a black candidate. Like many other issues in the world they are going overboard to appease a few loud voices instead of doing what is right.
U hova
Pro Prospect
And1: 481

Post#7 » by U hova » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:24 am

AK was only promoted when the Bucks almost got him, but I believe the main decision makers are still TC + JK and some Malone... it's all speculation but AK probably had nothing to do with our conservative approach at past trade deadlines.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#8 » by NuggetsWY » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:52 pm

skywalker33 wrote:AK is a great guy, wish him well. I didn't want him to move on, he has way too many good European contacts to not consider this a loss.

Not sure the hiring someone "of color" is Karnisovas so much as the Bulls ownership. They took some bad press because they didn't interview anyone that wasn't white. Prejudice is flat-out WRONG. We should always consider everyone as a person. But reverse prejudice is wrong too. Sometimes the appearance of prejudice isn't actually prejudice. I do not know the truth of any aspect of this issue.
skywalker33

Post#9 » by skywalker33 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:18 pm

U hova wrote:AK was only promoted when the Bucks almost got him, but I believe the main decision makers are still TC + JK and some Malone... it's all speculation but AK probably had nothing to do with our conservative approach at past trade deadlines.

As a "GM" it seems he was a bit lacking, trades seem to be left to TC, but don't underestimate what he brought to the scouting part of our FO

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#10 » by TunaFish » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:51 pm

I believe Karnisovas while a scout found Jokic. That's complement enough.
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#11 » by skywalker33 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:20 pm

I believe that once AK was being lured away prior to being appointed our GM, the Nuggets realized HE was our Euro scouting dept. Now he is able to walk because we now have secured a more talented Euro scouting team, at least that's what I hope.

Return to Denver Nuggets