ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1341 » by cdubbz » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:49 am

Any chance the Jazz would be interested in our first round picks for Mitchell?
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1342 » by Coxy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:33 am

cdubbz wrote:Any chance the Jazz would be interested in our first round picks for Mitchell?

Not sure why they would? Unless they really like Edwards maybe? They'd have to take back Wiggins as well, the only salary that even remotely works.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#1343 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:43 am

Coxy wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Any chance the Jazz would be interested in our first round picks for Mitchell?

Not sure why they would? Unless they really like Edwards maybe? They'd have to take back Wiggins as well, the only salary that even remotely works.

Mitchell's making just over $5mil next season.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#1344 » by Coxy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:14 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
Coxy wrote:

Mitchell's making just over $5mil next season.

Oh really wow?I thought he had already been extended.

In that case, I don't see why they would even consider it.
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1345 » by kingcong95 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Utah would trade Rudy 100 times before trading Mitchell. He's unrestricted in a year and would qualify for a nearly 50M supermax unless he's traded, and you know they can't pay that for a center who can't do **** if you draw him out to the perimeter. They can get nearly similar production swapping him for Capela (not to say that they'd actually do that trade), who's locked up for 3 more years at 17M each.

Trade Donovan and they crash right back into the lottery after losing the engine that makes their offense run. There's no combination of draft picks that can make up for that kind of production.

I don't think we need to invest so many resources in a center. Knowing that Utah probably needs to choose between Rudy and Mitchell, I could offer Wiggins + Minnesota 1st for Rudy + Ed Davis (stretched at a rate of 1.67M * 3) + max(UTAH 2nd, CLE 2nd) in 2024.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#1346 » by ahmetmekin » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:31 pm

If there will be no cap space problems to give Gobert a max extension one year later then there is nothing to discuss here. Gobert is probably the best defender in the league. The warriors can give up 2020 pick+ 2021 minny pick+ several second round picks+ wiggins. Then the league is **** again next year.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#1347 » by clyde21 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:34 pm

if we get the 1st pick and Atlanta gets the 6th or 7th pick I'd love a trade back to the 7th for a Hunter/Wiggins swap, Atlanta can easily take on the Wiggins deal no problem and it doesn't affect their forecast the next few years really and they'll get their Wiseman or Edwards in the process
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,239

Post#1348 » by xdrta+ » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:17 pm

ahmetmekin wrote:If there will be no cap space problems to give Gobert a max extension one year later then there is nothing to discuss here. Gobert is probably the best defender in the league. The warriors can give up 2020 pick+ 2021 minny pick+ several second round picks+ wiggins. Then the league is **** again next year.

If they trade for Gobert, there is no cap problem because they would have his Bird rights.
Rudruff
Junior
And1: 120

Post#1349 » by Rudruff » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:00 pm

If Warriors get first, I actually think it is more likely they can look at swapping picks with either Detroit, Bulls or Knicks for the chance to grab the first PG. Just trying to see who GS could get via the TPE.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#1350 » by clyde21 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:07 am

not unless they're confident that pick will be better than Mitchell which it most likely will not, plus trading for a rook doesn't line up with their timeline at all.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Post#1351 » by cdubbz » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:27 am

clyde21 wrote:

not unless they're confident that pick will be better than Mitchell which it most likely will not, plus trading for a rook doesn't line up with their timeline at all.

Jazz won’t have a timeline if Mitchell down the line requests a trade due to Rudy G. Huge IF. But yeah I guess soz
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,836

Post#1352 » by whatisacenter » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:00 pm

does anyone on here have an opinion on Kevin Knox? I liked him coming out of college but it looks like the Knicks gave up on him this season. His shooting numbers aren't great but not that bad from 3. I haven't really seen enough of him in the NBA to get a feel for his defense either. I was thinking about him as part of a trade on draft day.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1353 » by Kuya » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:20 am

Love for Wiggins?
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#1354 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:37 am

Kuya wrote:Love for Wiggins?

Gross. Love is 31 and he can’t protect the rim or guard out on the perimeter. He’d be a defensive liability and Draymond would effectively have to guard two positions to make up for him. And that’s without even considering Love’s contract...
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,400

Post#1355 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:35 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Kuya wrote:Love for Wiggins?

Gross. Love is 31 and he can’t protect the rim or guard out on the perimeter. He’d be a defensive liability and Draymond would effectively have to guard two positions to make up for him. And that’s without even considering Love’s contract...

I thought about it....if the Warriors could somehow keep Wiggins and add love with draft pick and TPE but likely not workable without sending Wiggins out.

Wild how Warriors were SOOOO close to trading for Love and now … eh...he stinks lol
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#1356 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:40 am

I got a feeling that if the Warriors can't land Yannis that we might land Embiid with the injuries and chemistry issues with Philly.

Curry, Klay, Rudy Gay (17M Iggy), Green, Embiid....that's pretty damn nice.
Bring Paschal, Looney, MCHammer off the bench....add maybe a 5 Mil exception vet for back up point guard.

Wiggins, #1 pick for Embiid :) Trust the PROCESS lol
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1357 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:50 pm

whatisacenter wrote:does anyone on here have an opinion on Kevin Knox? I liked him coming out of college but it looks like the Knicks gave up on him this season. His shooting numbers aren't great but not that bad from 3. I haven't really seen enough of him in the NBA to get a feel for his defense either. I was thinking about him as part of a trade on draft day.

I like his frame and his athleticism and his shot, but he's VERY raw. If the Knicks have given up on him it tells you his worth, but still worth a shot.
ILOVEIT
RealGM

Post#1358 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Raw = Mistakes

No more projects thank you :)
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#1359 » by azwfan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:15 pm

Rudruff wrote:If Warriors get first, I actually think it is more likely they can look at swapping picks with either Detroit, Bulls or Knicks for the chance to grab the first PG. Just trying to see who GS could get via the TPE.

Derek Rose may be interesting from the Pistons.
Satoransky from the Bulls.
NY doesn't have any players I'd like, but they got Dallas draft picks which may be trade chips in the future that could be of interest.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#1360 » by Scoots1994 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:33 pm

ILOVEIT wrote:Raw = Mistakes

No more projects thank you :)

Cheap with tons of potential and has shown promise. I'm always for it. The Warriors spent too many years giving up too quickly and ruining potential. Now at least they have a team that can develop players.

Return to Golden State Warriors