Post#41 » by danvato » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:45 pm

Thoughts on a trade with the Nets?

Gobert/Bojan for Dinwittie/Allen/Prince
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,384

Re: The Athletic: one of Rudy or Donovan may be traded 

Post#42 » by MTJazzv3 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:31 pm

I think its really unfortunate that Mitchell and Rudy can't be professional at this point. As noted, Jazz were #4 seed in the WC and Conley was maybe turning a corner. If the Jazz part with either can we still keep Clarkson? Given the DM-level greenlight he puts up Mitchell stats.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#43 » by NYG » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:50 pm

If the best offer on the table for Gobert was the following and he refused to sign an extension, would you just keep both Mitchell and Gobert?

Wiggins to Philly

Horford, 2021 Warriors 1st and 2021 T’Wolves 1st to Utah

Gobert to GSW
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#44 » by babyjax13 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:04 pm

danvato wrote:Thoughts on a trade with the Nets?

Gobert/Bojan for Dinwittie/Allen/Prince

We are trading the two best players.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#45 » by babyjax13 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:05 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:I think its really unfortunate that Mitchell and Rudy can't be professional at this point. As noted, Jazz were #4 seed in the WC and Conley was maybe turning a corner. If the Jazz part with either can we still keep Clarkson? Given the DM-level greenlight he puts up Mitchell stats.

It seems it is not Mitchell and Rudy, it is just Rudy refusing to communicate with the team.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#46 » by pickIBL » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:33 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:I think its really unfortunate that Mitchell and Rudy can't be professional at this point. As noted, Jazz were #4 seed in the WC and Conley was maybe turning a corner. If the Jazz part with either can we still keep Clarkson? Given the DM-level greenlight he puts up Mitchell stats.

It seems it is not Mitchell and Rudy, it is just Rudy refusing to communicate with the team.

Probably Rudy feeling thrown under the bus with little support
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,384

Post#47 » by MTJazzv3 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:16 am

pickIBL wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

Probably Rudy feeling thrown under the bus with little support

Earlier in the season, before the All-Star break, I remember a Tony Jones or Andy Larsen tweet that implied the team was getting a bit "worn" by Rudy's intensity and time apart would be good. At the same time, no one complained of the Kobes, Jordans and a super long list of NBA alpha players "intensity". My guess is last season's Jazz bromance came to a screeching halt with only returning 9 roster guys, losing Favs, Crowder, Neto in particular as locker room glue guys, then the Conley, Green and Davis debacle, in the same year Rudy wanted his time in the spot light. Rudy actually was making an offensive argument for more touches about the the time the other Jazz players started hero balling a bit - I see his frustration. As for Rudy not talking to the Jazz, I'm chalking it up to corona media boredom. Is Mitchell talking to the Jazz? Is Royce? Is Ingles? Pure speculation. Only hope is both those Rudy and DM realize this game is just that, they have something going playing together, and making peace for the greater good is best FOR NOW, through the end of their contracts. When contract time comes, let the cards fall as they will. Screwing team chemistry on a personal spat at this point isn't cool on either guys end?
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#48 » by wco81 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:06 am

Even without any kind of rift, would the Jazz have extended Gobert after 2020-2021 season?

That's assuming they don't get past the second round, which has been a ceiling for the franchise in the past few years?

Or if they broke through to the WCF, the Finals or win the chip, then they super max Gobert and max out Mitchell and pay whatever luxury taxes?

Or would the ownership and fanbase be content with a team which wins about 50 games a season, plays 1 or 2 rounds in the playoffs, but presumably does well at the gate, sells enough tickets to sustain high fan support?

IOW, tread milling profitably enough?

Or would the fan base demand they try to win it all, even if it means trading away the stars and roll the dice that a future core will have a higher ceiling?

Rudi is getting up there in age but he's got at least 4 more years as a DPOY-level player, barring injury, meaning he would command a max extension.

Mitchell is obviously going to command a max extension or close to it.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,623

Post#49 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:54 am

Rauxcee wrote:I would Keep Gobert of the 2 contingnent on him not being the cancer (I know he had complaints and frustration with the selfish offensive play and I'm right there with him) and him not signing a supermax. If either of those are in play then blow up the team.

I love Mitchell, but streaky, volume shooting is not efficient and is easily replaceable. Also the Jazz will get much better value and pieces with him being traded than what they'll get with Gobert.

If one really has to be moved, the correct answer is to move both, have a fire sale on everyone else worth a damn and just start over.

Agree with this, except the last part. Utah could trade Mitchell for a similar level player and still be in the top half of the west and maybe even improve from where they are now.

I do agree, though, that if you're trading Gobert, you might as well blow it up and rebuild from the ground up. This is a last resort IMO as it likely takes at least 3-4 years to get back to the level they're at now and could easily drag out for twice that long.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,955

Post#50 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:59 am

stitches wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’m telling you, the Mavs are going to target Gobert in 2021 free agency. If all of this is still brewing by then Dallas becomes a legit possibility for Gobert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would Dallas give up something good to have him earlier? Does Dallas have anything good to give up?

They don’t have much. There are other teams that would be able to beat any offer the Mavs could put on the table. It would be something like Powell/THJ/2025 1st. No doubt Utah would get better offers.

Any team that trades for him though has to keep in mind that the Mavs will be likely be trying to acquire him in free agency in 2021. It’s going to be interesting to see where he lands if he is traded.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#51 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:00 am

stitches wrote:KP for Gobert?

The Mavs want to add him to Luka and KP. KP isn’t going anywhere.

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#52 » by Catchall » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:33 am

Mr B wrote:

Well, that's good to hear, since KP sucks.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Mr B
RealGM

Post#53 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:07 am

Catchall wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Right. He’s going to help lure Gobert to Dallas though.

babyjax13
RealGM

Post#54 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 am

I don't hate Rudy to Portland.

Utah trades: Gobert
Portland trades: Nurkic, Ariza, Simons, 2020 POR 1st (14), 2022 POR 1st (unprotected)

We can finally see Dame on a championship contender, and I think that a nice prospect, starting caliber center, late lotto pick, and a future pick is a nice return. If Nurk is injured his next year is ung. so we can release him and have a ton of cap room for 2021.

JColl
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#55 » by NYG » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:08 pm

Completed July 1st

Andrew Wiggins and 2021 T’Wolves 1st to Detroit for Tony Snell and Derrick Rose

Al Horford, Mike Scott, the draft rights to Isaac Okoro (via Warriors post-lottery 2020 pick) and 2021 Lotto Protected 76ers 1st to Utah for Rudy Gobert and Ed Davis

Rudy Gobert to Golden State for Andrew Wiggins, 5th Overall Post-Lottery (Okoro) and ‘21 T’Wolves 1st

Tony Snell, Derrick Rose and Ed Davis to Philadelphia for Al Horford, Mike Scott and 2021 Lotto Protected 1st
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#56 » by pickIBL » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
Rauxcee wrote:I would Keep Gobert of the 2 contingnent on him not being the cancer (I know he had complaints and frustration with the selfish offensive play and I'm right there with him) and him not signing a supermax. If either of those are in play then blow up the team.

I love Mitchell, but streaky, volume shooting is not efficient and is easily replaceable. Also the Jazz will get much better value and pieces with him being traded than what they'll get with Gobert.

If one really has to be moved, the correct answer is to move both, have a fire sale on everyone else worth a damn and just start over.

Agree with this, except the last part. Utah could trade Mitchell for a similar level player and still be in the top half of the west and maybe even improve from where they are now.

I do agree, though, that if you're trading Gobert, you might as well blow it up and rebuild from the ground up. This is a last resort IMO as it likely takes at least 3-4 years to get back to the level they're at now and could easily drag out for twice that long.

It's good to see some people understand the difference between gobert and mitchell.

Gobert is the utah jazz. Mitchell takes a night off and you roll the ball out with clarkson.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#57 » by Catchall » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Mr B wrote:
Catchall wrote:
Mr B wrote:The Mavs want to add him to Luka and KP. KP isn’t going anywhere.

The only free agent Dallas has attracted was Deandre Jordan after two attempts. I get that Doncic is a draw there. Porzingis isn't though. He can barely move his feet.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#58 » by babyjax13 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:41 pm

Mr B wrote:

If this is your contribution I don't see a reason for you to post in this thread. There are a million teams that *could* sign Rudy in 2021, and he will be highly sought after if not extended. Dallas has no assets near to the value of Gobert outside of Kristaps. I'd probably do Porzingis for Rudy, but I'd be afraid of the injuries and try to get the 18th pick included, too.

JColl
Mr B
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:58 pm

Catchall wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Catchall wrote:

The only free agent Dallas has attracted was Deandre Jordan after two attempts. I get that Doncic is a draw there. Porzingis isn't though. He can barely move his feet.

You clearly do not watch many Mavs games if that’s what you think about KP. That’s ok though. The people that actually know what they’re talking about love KP. Luka by himself is enough to lure in free agents. But then add in KP and a max cap slot available, they are in perfect position to be front runners for Gobert when he’s a free agent in 2021.

Mr B
RealGM

Post#60 » by Mr B » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:05 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Mr B wrote:

If this is your contribution I don't see a reason for you to post in this thread. There are a million teams that *could* sign Rudy in 2021, and he will be highly sought after if not extended. Dallas has no assets near to the value of Gobert outside of Kristaps. I'd probably do Porzingis for Rudy, but I'd be afraid of the injuries and try to get the 18th pick included, too.

If you will actually go back and read what I said, I said the Mavs don’t have the assets to trade for him. The fact that he is a UFA in 2021 plays a huge factor in his trade value. Especially if the team you’re talking about, that should trade for him, doesn’t have a better team than a team like the Mavs.

So yes, what I’m saying is relevant regardless of what you think. The Mavs won’t be the only team by the way. The Mavs will be a very enticing situation for a Gobert though.

Return to Utah Jazz