Quincy Acy is a main target for OKC next season - according to Israeli sports website

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Draft2020
Freshman
And1: 53

Quincy Acy is a main target for OKC next season - according to Israeli sports website 

Post#1 » by Draft2020 » Thu Apr 9, 2020 8:42 pm

his amazing season highlights

Quincy Acy is playing for Maccabi Tel Aviv, an Israeli sports website said that OKC is very interesting in signing Acy for next season
Thoughts?
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Re: Quincy Acy is a main target for OKC next season - according to Israeli sports website 

Post#2 » by jambalaya » Thu Apr 9, 2020 11:22 pm

Probably a story written as favor to his agent. I doubt it is true. If he is a target, it is in the Muscala style.

Tough vet PF is a need but his last 2.5 years in NBA were bad.

Earlier in season when I looked his overall stats were as good or better than Avdija. But that is mainly a knock on Avdija and the competition.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Re: Quincy Acy is a main target for OKC next season - according to Israeli sports website 

Post#3 » by getrichordie » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:04 am

He looks like he's in terrific shape. Career 35% NBA 3-pt shooter but shot 26% from 3 with MTA (18/69) but 59% from 2.

If we are indeed moving Gallinari, Acy would serve as a serviceable stop-gap until either Bazley develops or we find a better 4.

Can you post a link to the website?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by jambalaya » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:28 pm

Acy was bad on BPM for 2.5 years in NBA as stated above; but, looking closer, in the 2016-17 season he was average in the later part for Nets. In 17-18 the shooting slipped and turnovers went up. In his last NBA season his luck adjusted RAPM was plus 1 (from defense).

He might get consideration for vet minimum as a role player.

Looking at RAPM factors, it appears his 3 point provided some stretch benefit, but his diminished offensive rebounding hurt twice as much. Hard to do both but should try. Start at 3 point line but try to read when to abandon it and duck inside quick.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#5 » by jambalaya » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Maccabi recently said to ignore a rumor about someone they might want to sign.

I generally don't trust international rumors.

If it is agent generated, it is partly out of a belief that the Thunder are weak there and might consider him. If it has any OKC source, it would suggest they want to go cheap for help.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Re: Quincy Acy is a main target for OKCr next season - according to Israeli sports website 

Post#6 » by jambalaya » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:30 pm

Galinari's team efg% factor is almost wiped out by his weak offensive rebounding impact factor. Muscala is weak on team efg% factor and powerfully bad on offensive rebounding factor. Thunder are a slightly below average 3 point team and the weakest in league on offensive rebounding.

Grant worked because his offensive rebounding contributed more positive impact than his limited 3 point game hurt. Durant worked because he was great 3 point shooter and apparently had positive impact on offensive rebounding too, perhaps by keeping opposing PF out of paint and allowing Westbrook to sneak in.

Acy is more likely to be similar in these impacts to Muscala than the others.

I haven't done a comprehensive survey; but instead a 3rd rate 3 point PF, it might be better to get someone who is second or first rate at something else. If Acy is picked, it might be more about second tier defense.
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,505

Post#7 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:07 am

there is no source. this is just made to advertise your video!
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#8 » by getrichordie » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:10 am

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:there is no source. this is just made to advertise your video!

Yeah, wasn't his name "arelg" before it was "Draft2020"?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

Post#9 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:24 am

I’m assuming this is just spam for someone trying to get YouTube hits. If OP wants to post a source, I’ll he can PM me a link and I’ll reopen it.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder